IGNORED

Steven Taylor

Steven Taylor would be a welcome addition if it's true, interesting mention on Ever Banega on this one too.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/everton/article6797071.ece

A very good signing if we can get him, alot of promise about him when at Boca, he's very similar to Arteta in the way he plays, differences (which have been pointed out during his time at Valencia) are that he tries to take on one-too-many players at a time, tends to try and weave his way from the back instead of clearing it the first time (positive or Negative, you decide) and can be a hot-headed young dicky. :) would like him here tho!

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not getting excited until they are paraded in the Everton blue, but I admit I'm a tad bit hopeful.

The problem (one of them) that I have with that is that it supposes...

A. Davey is in on it with the board. They sit there and discuss how they're going to trick the fans every window while counting the cash they're raking into their back pockets (I know you didn't say that but that's where the story inevitably goes with that opinion).

B. Davey is not in on it and is therefore as gullible and prayed on as the rest of us.

Personally I think that anyone who believes either of those is delusional and gullible only to other conspiracy theorists.

Moyes has too much intelligence (and inside knowledge) to be taken in and too much integrity to go along with a sham.

Which one do you think is true Captain? Is he devious or stupid? Has to be one of them.

I think Moyes was backed into a corner last year, and took full advantage by getting the contract he wanted. Some say that contract distracted him from doing his job with getting players in early, whether it is true or not it's widely reported what Moyes was told was radically different from the reality after he put pen to paper. As for whether he is devious, well he is Scottish after all, lol!

Edited by StevO

cant agree his contract negotiations distracted him from bringing in players early. its been well reported we didnt have the money in place until late in the window. add to that the fact moyes has an agent to look after his contract, and the fact it was quite a while after the window had closed by the time he was signing the contract.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Newcastle-striker-Shola-Ameobi-puts-Reading-to-the-sword-after-programme-ribbing-from-team-mate-Jose-Enrique-article117367.html

Interseting little segment in the write up for the Newcastle win yesterday:-

"The great unknown is how many of this squad will still be here at the end of August. Steven Taylor was emotional as he left the pitch, signalling that he will be at Everton on Monday for a medical. Damien Duff said his goodbyes on Friday and was in London completing his move to Fulham."

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Newcastle-striker-Shola-Ameobi-puts-Reading-to-the-sword-after-programme-ribbing-from-team-mate-Jose-Enrique-article117367.html

Interseting little segment in the write up for the Newcastle win yesterday:-

"The great unknown is how many of this squad will still be here at the end of August. Steven Taylor was emotional as he left the pitch, signalling that he will be at Everton on Monday for a medical. Damien Duff said his goodbyes on Friday and was in London completing his move to Fulham."

I hope they're right, Taylor would be an excellent signing and he's in the Jagielka mould (i.e. a real defender who throws himself infront of everything).

I hope they're right, Taylor would be an excellent signing and he's in the Jagielka mould (i.e. a real defender who throws himself infront of everything).

I do agree, and i think Taylor would do really well here, he would provide the jagielka-esque defending thats been sorely missed. Whether him and Jags can work together....i'm gonna wait to see. But on paper, two heart on sleeve players who give 110% every week, is something i among others love to see at EFC :)

Speaking to a few Newcastle fans and they all feel that yesterday was his last game. Was emotionally waving goodbye to the fans (ala Tevez during his last game at Old Trafford). They felt that they where waving goodbye to him yesterday themsleves. Though they said they where not sure if Everton will be his destination or if rumors of a medical are true. They where, and i quote, about 80% sure that he has played his last game for Newcastle.

I really hope he comes to us. I've said all along that I wanted him to come here and out of the relegated teams he would be the number 1 player I would have taken.

Im very surprised that he will hand in a transfer request, if true.

I was thinking the same thing, he doesn't seem the type. I can't see it because of his reaction at the end of their game as well; it seems more like a deal is a lot further down the line so a transfer request won't be needed.

I was thinking the same thing, he doesn't seem the type. I can't see it because of his reaction at the end of their game as well; it seems more like a deal is a lot further down the line so a transfer request won't be needed.

He's not gonna want to piss off the geordies either, they know he's a Newcastle fan and it doesnt make sense for him to hand one in. and i agree on the deal being further down, i'm just hoping its us and not fuckin spurs! (weirdly i can see that happening)

now i no who he is, he is 100 times better then hibbo, a great signing an great player, loads of passion, an he alone made newcastle draw the game against us last season, setting one up an getting the 2nd. He would be fantastic an an instant starter

now i no who he is, he is 100 times better then hibbo, a great signing an great player, loads of passion, an he alone made newcastle draw the game against us last season, setting one up an getting the 2nd. He would be fantastic an an instant starter

I want him a CB and for us to sign a proper replacement for Hibbert, not someone who isn't a natural RB.