IGNORED

Steven Taylor

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Why say anything? Whether he wants to join another club or not cannot be proven unless he gets hooked up to a lie detector.

im pretty sure he wont have just called a newspaper and asked could he have a word. he'll have been asked about it and answered.

his loyalty makes me want him to play for everton even more now. if he ever does leave the skunks, i really hope its to come here.

im pretty sure he wont have just called a newspaper and asked could he have a word. he'll have been asked about it and answered.

his loyalty makes me want him to play for everton even more now. if he ever does leave the skunks, i really hope its to come here.

I wasn't accusing him of calling up a newspaper but rather presumed as you are - that he was asked the question. I just wish such a non-important question would be treated with contempt; though, I suppose the journo's would then spin it into him not being loyal . . . god I hate the press and the fools who buy the rags in this country, I really do.

• 6 months later...

i certainly wouldn't! although i agree that he's a good player and i'm not yobo's biggest fan, with only 1 year left on his contract i don't think a straight swap would be acceptable

Im with you on this one, Yobo has got be worth at least £6 - 8M and Taylor is a Championship defender in the last year of his contract so is probably worth about £4M tops

Im with you on this one, Yobo has got be worth at least £6 - 8M and Taylor is a Championship defender in the last year of his contract so is probably worth about £4M tops

If we paid £5.5million for Distin in the last year of his contract saying £4million for someone a lot younger is a bit on the low side really.

aaah crack, what wonderful things it can do for the mind! Jobo is a good defender, and yes has a fair bit left on his contract, but noone in their right mind would pay that.

I do agree with Craccer, straight swap is silly, but Yobo and we get Taylor + 2 mill would be fine. I do wonder if we paid as much as we did for Distin because Portsmouth were desperate for cash and negoiated hard, we had money from JL move and desperately needed a replacement, plus the impending deadline. Events dictated the price more than the player, but by all accounts he is starting to live up to the price tag. For his level of experience, 5.5m was a good buy for the job that needed doing and is looking like a good partner for Jags.

Taylor is younger; less experience but more potential. 3-4mill max....

Edited by galacticaracnid

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1267335/Manchester-United-eye-summer-swoop-Newcastle-starlet-Haris-Vu-ki.html

Hughton is planning a summer bid for Everton defender Joseph Yobo and could use former England Under 21 captain Steven Taylor as part of a deal for the 29-year-old Nigeria international

Yobo has endured an injury-hit season at Goodison and only made 14 league appearances.

Taylor, who was a Moyes target last summer, faces an uncertain future at Newcastle after he was ruled out for the season with a double fracture to his jaw following his alleged disagreement with team-mate Andy Carroll.

• 1 month later...

I'd like to see taylor or vertonghen signed as a long term partner for jags at cb. As much as I would love it to work, I have my doubts over jags/johnny as a partnership. I'd like to see johnny as 1st choice rb next season but filling in at def-mid say if fellaini's not fit or at cb if jags is out - in turn giving seamus a chance to cover rb.

RB is where Heitinga has looked his worst though.

He was rb for us in a poor team though - I think he'd be class there in a full strength line-up. Also although he has looked worst there he is still by far the best rb in our squad!

I'd love Johnny and Jags at cb but I just don't think it'd work for some reason - do you?

I'd love Johnny and Jags at cb but I just don't think it'd work for some reason - do you?

I do actually. I know people have their reservations because neither one of them is all that tall for a CB but I've not actually seen them get bullied in the air very often. And I think the combination of Johnny's composure and quality on the ball and Jags' willingness to throw himself infront of anything is a good one.