IGNORED

Ever Banega

A bit of essential pessimism here.... if he needs a work permit, and looks as if he doesn't 'fit the criteria' then that means we have no chance of bringing him to Everton. If it was one of the 'top four', well....

Silly, I know, but I'm not optimistic.

It's not pessimism it's common sense. Last year Everton did the same crap with Victor Obinna, knowing he also fell short of the requirement. I mean is it so hard to do your homework first before agreeing a deal, or is this the pre-made excuse for Everton boldly trying yet failing to get players?

It's not pessimism it's common sense. Last year Everton did the same crap with Victor Obinna, knowing he also fell short of the requirement. I mean is it so hard to do your homework first before agreeing a deal, or is this the pre-made excuse for Everton boldly trying yet failing to get players?

I am either very naive or you are very cynical!!

Currently a non-EU player applying for the permit must have played for his country in at least 75% of its competitive 'A' team matches for which he was available for selection during the previous two years, and his country must have averaged at least 70th place in the official FIFA world rankings over the previous two years. If a player does not meet those criteria, the club wishing to sign him may appeal if they believe that he is a special talent and "able to contribute significantly to the development of the game at the top level in the UK."

This is why we bid for these players... this part is open to interpretation...... So as someone has alread said.... If your United Liverpool Chelsea or Arsenal................

We're not Liverpool or United so this will go tits up, which is shit because he'd be a good player for us to bring in :( .

The Croatian fella, Kalinić who signed for blackburn got a work permit and he has only played 2 national team games.

http://www.rovers.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,...1749660,00.html

I remember Burnley signing a young ecuadorian who needed a work permit too.

Would Peterlin have needed one?

The Croatian fella, Kalinić who signed for blackburn got a work permit and he has only played 2 national team games.

Hush Hush....... Id didnt come from me......... Cross my palm with GOLD

Pererlin... not being from the EU (or qualifiying I think) would have needed a Work Permit..... but without knowing..... he may be allowed to play wit some sort of Visa

Edited by DangerMouse

No Peterlin is half Slovenian so he qualifies that way

Work permit or no work permit, Banega seems a strange signing for me. Don't get me wrong, he's clearly got bags of ability and I'd love to see a little South American class in our midfield. But in terms of priorities, do we really need another central midfielder? Is there really room in our team for him once Arteta is fit? Surely we should be looking at a CB, RB and RW first?

The other thing to think about is his lack of impact at Valencia. Argentina and Brazil churn players like this out by the truck load - technical ability that makes us lumpen Brits gawp, style, flair, finesse - it makes watching their domestic leagues (where Banega was an absolute star for Boca) wonderful. Except that South American football is played at walking pace compared to the top leagues at Europe, its built around beautiful play rather than kick-and-rush. It means only the very very best from SA who can adapt to the pace succeed in Europe - and if Banega has found life tough in La Liga, how's he going to find the Premiership, and more to the point, under the tutelage of a man like Moyes who demands so much of his players physically?

Work permit or no work permit, Banega seems a strange signing for me. Don't get me wrong, he's clearly got bags of ability and I'd love to see a little South American class in our midfield. But in terms of priorities, do we really need another central midfielder? Is there really room in our team for him once Arteta is fit? Surely we should be looking at a CB, RB and RW first?

The other thing to think about is his lack of impact at Valencia. Argentina and Brazil churn players like this out by the truck load - technical ability that makes us lumpen Brits gawp, style, flair, finesse - it makes watching their domestic leagues (where Banega was an absolute star for Boca) wonderful. Except that South American football is played at walking pace compared to the top leagues at Europe, its built around beautiful play rather than kick-and-rush. It means only the very very best from SA who can adapt to the pace succeed in Europe - and if Banega has found life tough in La Liga, how's he going to find the Premiership, and more to the point, under the tutelage of a man like Moyes who demands so much of his players physically?

If Arteta was to play in a deeper role.... as he did fantastically...... I dont see why not...

Fair point but at this moment in time I would be happy to see just about any player sign for us!

He is only on loan so if it doesnt work out we havent lost anything and on the other hand if he can reproduce anything like the form he showed for Boca then we definitely could find room for him and Arteta in our side so its a win win situation for me, lol provided we get him of course

Is there really room in our team for him once Arteta is fit? Surely we should be looking at a CB, RB and RW first?

I understand what you mean, but you can look at it like the shite. Benega would be the Mascherano equivilant and Arteta would be the Alonso. So the Midfield would look something like:

---Banega--Arteta---

R/Wing-------Pienaar

-------Cahill-------

It would be pretty sweet because Banega would provide the tackling qualities that Arteta may not possess and Arteta would provide the creative space role that Banega may not. Banega with the long passes and Arteta with the short. Im going to guess thats the plan, or near about?

Fair shouts Tenacious, Duncan and DM - I'm playing devil's advocate slightly coz he does look like he's got talent and we could do with ANYTHING to shake us up a bit right now.

Not sure if he's got the takling abilities to play the Mascherano role myself Tenacious - although I like the look of your formation if Rodwell comes on enough, playing deep with Arteta and giving the rest license to bomb forward. And DM, if you played the lad further forward with Arteta in behind, I think we'd just be replicating the Cahill/Fellaini role again, and we've already got one too many of those.

Anyway, its all idle speculation for now. Permit hearing is on Friday according to the Beeb, so we shall see :unsure:

Let's hope his visa goes through.

This signing would be a major coup for the club (though any signing would be a coup right now :S)

It would be a huge coup for the club. Ive just read somewhere that if the deal was to be made permanent he could be bought for as little as £5m. Which in comparison to the £14m they shelved out for him 18months or so ago, is pretty good. I also remember when he was at Boca, he was voted the 3rd brightest argentinian talent for the future (behind a certain Lionel Messi and Mascherano) so to be fair, thats not bad company to be one behind! :)

Hi, and first of all, sorry for my bad English.

I'm from Valencia, and here we have been very surprised of those news about Everton and Valencia agreeing to a loan. Banega has been by far our best player this pre-season, so we can't understand that.

Sorry guys, but we hope that Everton won't get that permit.