IGNORED

Ever Banega

Its normally:

Agree Fee - Work Permit/Documentation - Signing Complete. (SHORT STORY)

I think this is a done deal to be honest. Like ive said previously, I'm sure that the same thing happened with Manny and Mikel before they signed!

They're both european citizens, they didn't need work permits.

This is the interesting read (in bold) due to Steve Round claiming Everton are going to sign players they've been tracking for the last 2 seasons...maybe Ever and Bily, were targets before. Ever may have been a target whilst at Boca?

Moyes has received a glowing reference on Bilyaletdinov from Guus Hiddink, the Russia coach and Chelsea's former temporary manager, and tried to bring him to Goodison Park a year ago. The Everton manager also hopes to add Banega to his threadbare squad in the next 48 hours, despite confusion over the Argentinian's proposed move from Valencia.
Edited by tenaciousj

Why would we even bother trying to get him a work permit if there was no truth in it. Is very very strange.

yeah thats what i dont get... Moyes has even commented on this, so we cant say the whole thing is made up, but with valencia and the playerr even denying any involvement with this deal, makes you wonder what is actually going on...

yeah thats what i dont get... Moyes has even commented on this, so we cant say the whole thing is made up, but with valencia and the playerr even denying any involvement with this deal, makes you wonder what is actually going on...

Spanish clubs allways seem to do this however............... I believe Valencia have got wind of our transfer dealings and are holding out for a better deal..............

Spanish clubs allways seem to do this however............... I believe Valencia have got wind of our transfer dealings and are holding out for a better deal..............

Agree with the bold bit, not with the other. I think Valencia dont want to say anything untill they have the replacement all but signed up. If they let Banega go, and not get, in this case De Guzman, its an egg in thier face. You will see Banega at Everton after Valencia have all but wrapped up the De Guzman deal :) Dont blame them tho. Like we should have done with Lescott!

also, another quick note. People saying Banega isnt a typical Everton player...no your right. he's different, unpredictable, very south american...and i love it :D we need that different type of quality to add balance and give us an unpredictable edge :) im excited anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think he was refering to the respective Spanish clubs denying anything was going on as opposed to them needing work permits!

That's what I meant, that the Spanish clubs don't give nothing away. They tend to get a replacement in first and then say that the player is surplus to requirements! I dont think Moyes will have made it up though, theres no smoke without fire (that's rich, i know, coming from an everton transfer forum) but surely there isnt at that level of the club? Your normally lucky to find anything out from the club apart from Ramsey/Naughton we didnt know about Felli/Saha/Nash last year until theyd signed in!

Edited by Anto-EFC

Agree with ^. I can see this one falling through, sadly. For me, what tenaciousj said about having a different type of player like Banega is entirely correct; remember Manny Fernandes' first time with us? With that in mind I think it is very obvious that these kinds of players always carry a risk of inconsistency and sometimes displaying a lack of hard work so that they look like the games in the Prem are just passing them by - Castillo anyone? - but very often these players are worth the hard work to get them up to speed. The lad was chosen to replace Gago when he went to Real Madrid and is of a long line of Argentinian deep-lying play-makers so if we can get him permanent and then Moyes can get anywhere near the quality of play worth the 18 million Euros Valencia shelled out for him I reckon he would be a very good addition to the squad.

the daily mail today said, Moyes looking to bring in 4 more players after signing Benaga and bily. So have we or havn't we signed this guy?

We havent signed him no, we applied for a work permit (which was granted) but that was as a precautionary measure.

Everton probably dealt entirely through Banega's agent and thats where the confusion lies. The agent is now trying to negotiate a deal with Valencia and Banega and neither of them are that interested.

Valencia will want a replacement however, and if they do finally say yes then it wont happen untill the day of the TW shutting :)

The channel 5 commentators at the match tonight mentioned us getting Distin in after signing Bilyaletdinov and Banega, it seems that most peeps think we've already signed him. :blink:

The club havent said a word, but why go to a tribunal hearing for a work permit. :mellow:

This one baffles me.

This was an interview before tonights game in Sigma.............

DAVID MOYES believes Everton can emerge stronger without Joleon Lescott – provided he lands his main transfer targets.

The Goodison outfit remains confident of bringing in at least four new faces before the transfer window closes at 5pm next Tuesday.

Moyes has already made a £9million move for Lokomotiv Moscow left winger Diniyar Bilyaletdinov and is confident of landing Valencia midfielder Ever Banega on a season-long loan.

---------

It must be still in the pipeline