IGNORED

Ever Banega

does anyone know if he is "owned" like Manny was?

Yup. They bought him our-right for somewhere in the region of £18million.

We havent signed him no, we applied for a work permit (which was granted) but that was as a precautionary measure.

Everton probably dealt entirely through Banega's agent and thats where the confusion lies. The agent is now trying to negotiate a deal with Valencia and Banega and neither of them are that interested.

Valencia will want a replacement however, and if they do finally say yes then it wont happen untill the day of the TW shutting :)

Aye, I don't doubt that we worked through his agent. This is why I'm not a fan of how influential agents have become in football and how clubs still bloody well work with and through them. Bloody crap it is >_<

In terms of a replacement it kind of looks like they're going to buy Jonathan de Guzman from Feyenoord so hopefully this will bring them to the negotiating table with a view to at least agreeing a loan deal with us.

Valencia are a bloody revolving door.

I heard the C5 commentators say that, wrong end of the stick i think. He's on the bench for Valencia tonight, take from that what you will. I know how I think the situation will conclude and it doesn't end with him playing in Blue.

He was on the bench because reserve players played vs Stabaek, since we won in Norway by 3-0. Villa, Silva, Pablo, Marchena didn't play, either.

Read in one of the papers we could sign him perm for £12m worth a punt? - we could prob knock them down with him being cup-tied.

Wonder what his relaltionship is like with Johnny H as they were team-mates last season... would be quality if they could be re-united at goodison park!

In the "What the Papers Say" section of the OS, Moyes is quoted as saying "I’m hoping to do more than another two [transfers] if I can. It doesn’t include Banega."

Does that last sentence mean on top of Banega, or that he's given up on Banega? Also, elsewhere, it mentions that we may give up on him if its not sorted this weekend.

In the "What the Papers Say" section of the OS, Moyes is quoted as saying "I’m hoping to do more than another two [transfers] if I can. It doesn’t include Banega."

Does that last sentence mean on top of Banega, or that he's given up on Banega? Also, elsewhere, it mentions that we may give up on him if its not sorted this weekend.

Lol If its not done this weekend the transfer window closes anyway

Krancjar linked with Spurs (who else?!!) today so a possible move back to Arry.

Banega deal was never ever going to happen. The link was purely for the fans to make us all think that we have ambition as a club to sign quality of this type.

Seems to be another case of the club not bothering to actually ask the player if they want to join the club... I'd have thought that was quite an important aspect of a transfer but EFC regularly fail to do this. Disappointing that this pantomime continues year after year

Krancjar linked with Spurs (who else?!!) today so a possible move back to Arry.

Banega deal was never ever going to happen. The link was purely for the fans to make us all think that we have ambition as a club to sign quality of this type.

Seems to be another case of the club not bothering to actually ask the player if they want to join the club... I'd have thought that was quite an important aspect of a transfer but EFC regularly fail to do this. Disappointing that this pantomime continues year after year

Thats probably because its illegal to tap players up, your not allowed to speak to them until thier clubs say so which is usually after a fee has been agreed

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...