IGNORED

Ever Banega

highly doubt this one!

Benega has been playing brilliantly for Valencia after his initial slow start when we were linked with him a year ago. While Valencia are a selling club I've read that they've sold enough to cover their debt issues now and I wouldn't have thought they'd sell him unless they got a very good offer...not the kind of offer we'd make!

• 2 years later...

Though would he be in the same position as Barkley?

Tends to play a bit of a deeper playmaking role, but could easily provide cover for Barkley in that more advanced position as well. The main issue with him in the deeper role is that he's not known for providing the most defensive cover, so we'd probably have to pair him Baines on the left and get Leighton to play a more balanced game. Or play with 3 in defence with wing-backs to limit his defensive responsibilities.

He's also really fallen away with his form this season. Ended up getting loaned to the Argentine league to build up his form before the World Cup, but has looked half-arsed in most games from all accounts. Loan with an option to buy might be the best way forward if we're interested.

The problem here is.... He's actually that good!

Would be a much better option than Barry and is certainly a real deep lying play maker who can tackle. I would take him at all costs above Barry if we can get a loan deal or an unlikely permanent deal this would be great news.

The fact that Valencia have loaned him out twice gives us that hope. Would easily get a work permit.

For me Banega is a top player and at a perfect age to still grow, the only issue with him seems to be his attitude so I wonder if Martinez would risk the group dynamic and harmony for him.

I would personally love to see Victor Wanyama from Southampton join us, apparently we where interested before he went there and I have been really impressed by him when he has played.

I feel he would be an ideal replacement if Barry was not to join, he offers pace, power, reads the game well, tackles hard, can pass the ball well and he is still young. I know Soton paid a fair fee for him and will be hoping for profit but he seems abit disgruntled that they let Pochettino go fairly easily and he could be worth a bid. Him alongside McCarthy would be a strong midfield full of pace and power.

I would make him a priority if Barry doesnt sign.

Guest Nikica

The problem with Banega is that he's apparently a bit of a fruitloop. That's why he's back in Argentina for now, rather than being one of the best midfielders in Europe, which is what his talent should have led to. It's a waste.

I see Riquelme mentioned above - don't even get me started on how much I love him as a player.

Guest blueboy122

The problem with Banega is that he's apparently a bit of a fruitloop. That's why he's back in Argentina for now, rather than being one of the best midfielders in Europe, which is what his talent should have led to. It's a waste.

I see Riquelme mentioned above - don't even get me started on how much I love him as a player.

You enjoy the same type of player as me technical geniuses. An absolute Wizard on the ball he is.

Guest Nikica

You enjoy the same type of player as me technical geniuses. An absolute Wizard on the ball he is.

Yeah, for me it can be a negative as it sometimes leads to me underrating the more athletic players. Aesthetic bias I guess.

Riquelme is an absolute genius. Was a joy watching the likes of he, Valeron, Redondo etc. Over here I liked Bergkamp and Zola the most.

I just feel the best players are the classy creators, the playmakers. They make the game beautiful imo.

I wouldn't like him. I don't think he's physical enough for the PL, and while he is technically great, he does not have the physical tools or the mental tools required to be a professional PL footballer. Valencia got rid of him tired of his antics.

We're talking about a guy that let his car run over him! (It was a freakish accident, he forgot to lock the hand brake at a gas station and when he saw the car about to collide against a wall he tried to stop it...with his leg).

Not professional enough, I don't want him nearby. He's the opposite of what RM values in a person, another "Drenthe" mental type of player.

Edited by Kant

I wouldn't like him. I don't think he's physical enough for the PL, and while he is technically great, he does not have the physical tools or the mental tools required to be a professional PL footballer. Valencia got rid of him tired of his antics.

Beware, everyone is going to call you ridiculous and point to Aguero or David SIlva now...

Guest Nikica

Beware, everyone is going to call you ridiculous and point to Aguero or David SIlva now...

No, they're not. Aguero is a silly comparison anyway - he's small but he's built like a tank and very robust. Silva lacks physicality but he's such a genius with the ball that it doesn't matter.

Anyway, Banega is very talented but seems to lack the mentality and professionalism to play in a top league (again), as some are claiming.

I would love to take a gamble on this guy. I have so much faith I'm RMs ability to turn people around mentally that I think we could take know the world's bad boys.

I wander what Rm could have done with Drenthe, Van Den Maybe and so on.

Banegra is still young and has time to turn his career around. As long as he puts it in now.

• 3 weeks later...