IGNORED

Ever Banega

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Why he choose us over man united? No champs league mid table side who can't pay him that much. It's called being pragmatic.

Maybe he would feel more confident of getting game time at Everton, maybe he is just pals with Mori and anyway how do you even know United are even interested in him?

To dismiss out of hand the possibility that a player would even consider signing for little old Everton is more pessimism than pragmatism

Maybe he would feel more confident of getting game time at Everton, maybe he is just pals with Mori and anyway how do you even know United are even interested in him?

To dismiss out of hand the possibility that a player would even consider signing for little old Everton is more pessimism than pragmatism

He already plays for a bigger club. It's a step down dunc.

You do know that we bought Gerry from Barcelona don't you?

If you apply that logic we would never have seen the likes of Lukaku, Beardsley or Kanchelskis in an Everon shirt

Do you follow Sevilla? It appears not because he starts for them. Rom and Gerry weren't playing for their clubs which is why we got them. If Gerry was starting for barca he wouldn't have come here

Do you follow Sevilla? It appears not because he starts for them. Rom and Gerry weren't playing for their clubs which is why we got them. If Gerry was starting for barca he wouldn't have come here

Bizarrely enough no I don't follow Sevilla I follow Everton

Was Beardsley starting for The Shote? Was Kanchelskis starting for United?

Presumably you think we should abandon any plans to try and sign Yarmalenko?

The article is pretty much spot on. It's a pipe dream. He's got the option to sign with Sevilla again and there will be bigger clubs sniffing as he'll be a free agent. The lad has a shed load if class about him and a 100% upgrade on McCarthy. He can do it all and he's got an eye for a defence splitting pass all whilst playing deep..

Ffs markjazz, if you need to know a few things it's this...

Players love money, they also enjoy adoration and the feeling of belonging.

That is why Everton tick a good few boxes, it's a special club. It really is as simple as that.

Exactly which is why he won't end up here. Man united can pay Rooney wages where we top out at 100k a week.

Exactly which is why he won't end up here. Man united can pay Rooney wages where we top out at 100k a week.

Is he going to be a first team regular for Man United? I don't think so - united would not pay him Rooney wages and I think that they regret making that contract.

Benega would most certainly value "happiness" over an extra £20k a week or whatever - his time in Valencia would have taught him that. He almost joined us in 2009 but for a visa issue so he will be aware of who and what we are about. Added to the fact that we have Fune Mori as a compatriot then surely he will consider us.

He is 27 now and will likely want to be a first name on the sheet player. I'm not saying he will choose us over Man United or Arsenal but I certainly don't think we are out of it.

Is he going to be a first team regular for Man United? I don't think so - united would not pay him Rooney wages and I think that they regret making that contract.

Benega would most certainly value "happiness" over an extra £20k a week or whatever - his time in Valencia would have taught him that. He almost joined us in 2009 but for a visa issue so he will be aware of who and what we are about. Added to the fact that we have Fune Mori as a compatriot then surely he will consider us.

He is 27 now and will likely want to be a first name on the sheet player. I'm not saying he will choose us over Man United or Arsenal but I certainly don't think we are out of it.

A visa issue? We applied for a work permit for him without him even knowing of any deal for him!

Almost joined us :lol:.

surely that never happened, Moyes came out talking about the loan etc - as much as I wasnt a fan of his he wouldn't have done that... surely?

Banega was asked about it all and he said he'd had no contact with Everton and knew nothing about any deal. We went ahead and applied for a work permit before we'd agreed anything with anyone. It was another of our weird transfer dealings. I'm surprised you don't remember!

Banega was asked about it all and he said he'd had no contact with Everton and knew nothing about any deal. We went ahead and applied for a work permit before we'd agreed anything with anyone. It was another of our weird transfer dealings. I'm surprised you don't remember!

yeah I do now as it happens - its been filed away in the part of my mind that contains data around thge following:-

Gosling moving for nothing

Per Kroldrup a £5m unscouted purchase who couldn't head

Richard Wright

£1m for Yak....

yep I do now.

Nonsense. A few recent Europa League wins doesn't make them a big club. By that logic they're also bigger than (for example) Arsenal or Liverpool or Milan; you need to reassess your terms of reference.

They did win the Europa League last season, but on the other hand they do look to be on their way out of the Champions League this year.

Sevilla is a decent team. Has had a shot at top four the last handfull of seasons. Personally do not think it will be the size of the club that will draw him away if he does leave. Plus I do not think he would be guaranteed a starting role in the top teams in Europe (already 27 as well). Think it will come down to the amount of playing time and position that Sevilla will hand him. He has started most matches (minus his knee injury) but has only made it the full 90 twice. Sevilla sometimes mixes it up with formation and he has been used as a defensive and attacking midfielder.

It will be interesting to see how their midfield develops over the course of the season. Sevilla lost some midfielders who got game time last season (Denis Suarez, Gerard Deulofeu, and Stephane Mbia) but picked up some new faces to replace them (Steven N'Zonzi, Michael Krohn-Dehli, Evgen Konoplyanka). Currently all three of the new faces have more game time than Banega this season. There is also competition from Iborra, Krychowiak, Vitolo, and Reyes for roles in the midfield. (Though Vitolo, Reyes, and Konoplyanka mainly play on the wings). In fact Banega has the least amount of minutes out of the players I mentioned. (but maybe his injury accounts for some of this? missed 4 games due to knee)

Banega has played with Mori and Deulofeu before. So it is not completely out of the question. Will just depend how things shake out at Sevilla this year and how much we want/need him. It is one to watch.

On a completely different note, my second post! and the league is back this weekend! Stoked.

Edited by plaidharper