IGNORED

Eduardo Dive?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/8223917.stm

did anyone see the game last night and was it a dive? just seen on the bbc site that the SFA chief is calling for Eduardo to be banned. In his case, i would understand if he did dive in light of his injury, but if player should be banned for it (and i believe they should) where does it stop? Ronaldo wouldnt have played in his 1st 2 seasons with Manure!

ordinarily, i would go off on how i would like to see a panel that evaulates these kind of things after a game, that players are punished for cheating. really, how much can it hurt if theyre clutching a shinpad? sure it hurts, but not enough for you to make a face like someone giving birth to twins. and the likes of Drogba who drop to the floor at the slightest contact. Can you imagine them going down that quickly during a disagrement in a bar? no chance, hes more likely to leave you a bloody stain on the floor.

anyway, got slightly off topic here. rant over but question remains, did he dive?

Edited by galacticaracnid

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/8223917.stm

did anyone see the game last night and was it a dive? just seen on the bbc site that the SFA chief is calling for Eduardo to be banned. In his case, i would understand if he did dive in light of his injury, but if player should be banned for it (and i believe they should) where does it stop? Ronaldo wouldnt have played in his 1st 2 seasons with Manure!

ordinarily, i would go off on how i would like to see a panel that evaulates these kind of things after a game, that players are punished for cheating. really, how much can it hurt if theyre clutching a shinpad? sure it hurts, but not enough for you to make a face like someone giving birth to twins. and the likes of Drogba who drop to the floor at the slightest contact. Can you imagine them going down that quickly during a disagrement in a bar? no chance, hes more likely to leave you a bloody stain on the floor.

anyway, got slightly off topic here. rant over but question remains, did he dive?

Simply... YES.....

I think diving should just be punished at it is now..... yellow card. Its up to the referees to grow some balls....

Its not that they dont see it... If Drogba does a triple salco in the box and lands on his arse and no pen is given then surely its a yellow for diving.... this is down to the referee to control.

I agree that panels should be set up for post match analysis but they should have the power to overturn / go against referees decisions.... panels already exsist but without these powers and until they get them nothing will change.......

Edited by DangerMouse

Simply... YES.....

I think diving should just be punished at it is now..... yellow card. Its up to the referees to grow some balls....

Its not that they dont see it... If Drogba does a triple salco in the box and lands on his arse and no pen is given then surely its a yellow for diving.... this is down to the referee to control.

I agree that panels should be set up for post match analysis but they should have the power to overturn / go against referees decisions.... panels already exsist but without these powers and until they get them nothing will change.......

theres no way they will go against referees though, because of this respect the officials stuff. and it shouldnt been fines if the players concerned are to be punished, ban them for 5 games. this can only be done after the game i suppose, if not they should get a red, non of this yellow nonsense. delibrate handball is red because its cheating, diving should be included...

theres no way they will go against referees though, because of this respect the officials stuff. and it shouldnt been fines if the players concerned are to be punished, ban them for 5 games. this can only be done after the game i suppose, if not they should get a red, non of this yellow nonsense. delibrate handball is red because its cheating, diving should be included...

Not exactly "cheating" if you read the rules :lol: but the same thing... Im sure its along the lines of

deliberate handball in the area denying a goalscoring opertunity.......

Cheating in my book so I kind of agree...... The sticking point is IMO...handball is very black and white... you either did or you didnt a referee would have to use his judgement on the issue of diving.......something they are crap scared of doing sometimes....

straight yellow all the time.... no ifs or buts if its a clear dive.. yellow card..... even if there is contact and you go flailing to the ground.... its still cheating in my book... but I guess thats a different argument

Edited by DangerMouse

He went down running at pace in my opinion, rather like Andy Johnson a couple of seasons ago, several times.

We all defended him to the hilt, as 'at that pace the slightest touch'. We've all used the words.

Do you think it's the same in this case?

I do.

Really? Were you watching last night? Im not suprised Boruc reacted like he did, coz he made every effort to avoid making contact with Eduardo and that little bellend threw himself up into the air. It was disgusting, i fuckin hate players who do it.

I agree with what was said above, a panel should review the footage after the game and deal out bans. Its getting silly and the more they get away with it, the more cheating will occur. If you put a three game ban on a deliberate dive which results in a penalty, then im sure you will see players staying on their feet untill heavily challenged.

Felt sorry for Boruc, and to think i reacted when i saw him running toward the ref, only to take it all back when you saw the replays. This is getting a joke. i dont understand why monitors have been taken out of dug outs, its farcicle. The guys upstairs havent got a fuckin clue.

And to think how much money is generated by wins and loses, it means a significant amount to clubs which get relegated or knocked out of cups. and its made worse when they do so by a goal which 'didnt cross the line' or a 'penalty which shouldnt have been'. It takes 30 seconds for a fourth official to check...its a joke!!!

Not exactly "cheating" if you read the rules :lol: but the same thing... Im sure its along the lines of

deliberate handball in the area denying a goalscoring opertunity.......

Cheating in my book so I kind of agree...... The sticking point is IMO...handball is very black and white... you either did or you didnt a referee would have to use his judgement on the issue of diving.......something they are crap scared of doing sometimes....

straight yellow all the time.... no ifs or buts if its a clear dive.. yellow card..... even if there is contact and you go flailing to the ground.... its still cheating in my book... but I guess thats a different argument

handball is usually black and white, but is sometimes missed too. but agree 100%, even if there is contact, you shouldnt go down as if youve been shot. Sagna did that in our opening game, then 2 minutes later was racing up the wing. its just crazy!

the other thing that gets on my nerves is it being called Simulation?! what the hell does that mean!? tell it like it is, cheating and diving...

Thats spot on. The reaction to this dive is pathetic. It happens all the fucking time. Ronaldo does it almost every game, Gerrard does it in big games, Drogba used to do it all the time. People saying Eduardo should be banned are ridiculous. This is the SFA spitting the dummy becasue one of there teams lost. Diving pissed me off alot but he reaction to this is well over the top.

Platini has already said that Scotland are often the ones who start these complaints-turned campaigns so it seems you're right about the SFA, jamie.

I'm also glad Mike quoted the beeb because I very much agree with that opinion. I'm sick of the ancient, repetitive sentiment that quite frankly ends up being little more than xenophobia or the spiel of unintelligent, bias people.

I agree with the idea of diving being treated in the same way as handball. A red card. It is using a sledgehammer to crack a nut but, frankly, that is all footballers seem to respond to since the vast majority of them are little more than spoilt, petulant children if their behaviour on and off the pitch is anything to go by. Diving is, as has been said, cheating and so needs to be stamped out; it is rife in other countries thanks to it being treated as an acceptable method to winning and it could very well end up being treated the same way here when everybody just thinks of it as 'what happens all the time'. Apathy will, and is already starting to let this run riot.

Edited by Calico

i wonder if they would impose a general rule throughout the european leagues like this proposed financial cap? i know i was taking a 'sledgehammer' approach, but fines will make no difference to the players or clubs. bans are the only option in my eyes...

This needs to be stamped out. It was a dive and a very intentional one. Wenger looks a twat claiming the replay was inconclusive. About as inconclusive as our destruction at their hands.

I was glad to see that there will be extra officials for the group stages of the Europa league games, should be interesting.

They are talking about it now on talk sport, arsenal fans seem think they are being discriminated and have mentioned this.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I8p_CRR3Bk haha

and now they are slating hibbo saying he should be punished for last week

What cowpat! Arsenal have a long history of cheats, no way they can claim that.

Charging Eduardo is an extreemly dangerous precident. There will be a dozen or more dubious decisions in the premier league this weekend alone I'm sure. Does this now give the clubs the right to complain about every mistake by a ref or linesman?

One thing for sure, the Manure players had better be on best behaviour because wenger will definatly see any wrongdoing today!

i finally got to see the "dive" yesterday. it wasnt a penalty but for me not a dive either, it was a lad whos come back from a horrific injury and doesnt want to get hurt again, mixed with him realising hes not going to get the ball and giving up the chase . This is the referees fault in my eyes, there was never a penalty claim as Eduardo had lost control of the ball and even if he hadnt, was never going to get an advantage from that tight an angle.. he shouldnt have gone down but he didnt role around screaming. Rooneys penalty against Arsenal was nearly identical, going down before the keeper took him out. the CL games are going to be somewhat boring in the latter stages if UEFA continue with this decision of listening to any club that feels hard done to. Real will be starting with their reserve squad if they make it past the group stages!

i feel for Arsenal and Eduardo, disgraceful decision.

Charging Eduardo is an extreemly dangerous precident. There will be a dozen or more dubious decisions in the premier league this weekend alone I'm sure. Does this now give the clubs the right to complain about every mistake by a ref or linesman?

One thing for sure, the Manure players had better be on best behaviour because wenger will definatly see any wrongdoing today!

That's the FA's problem...

But true, this will set a precedent, that we'll have to see just how much will be followed.

i finally got to see the "dive" yesterday. it wasnt a penalty but for me not a dive either, it was a lad whos come back from a horrific injury and doesnt want to get hurt again, mixed with him realising hes not going to get the ball and giving up the chase . This is the referees fault in my eyes, there was never a penalty claim as Eduardo had lost control of the ball and even if he hadnt, was never going to get an advantage from that tight an angle.. he shouldnt have gone down but he didnt role around screaming. Rooneys penalty against Arsenal was nearly identical, going down before the keeper took him out. the CL games are going to be somewhat boring in the latter stages if UEFA continue with this decision of listening to any club that feels hard done to. Real will be starting with their reserve squad if they make it past the group stages!

i feel for Arsenal and Eduardo, disgraceful decision.

Come on!!!

Doesn't want to get hurt, so he falls down when the ball is still in his reach? You can clearly see him touch the ball out of bounds AFTER he's started his free fall. He never lost control of the ball, he dived, and kicked the ball out in the process. He was expecting to get tripped by the keeper's hands, and it was only blind luck that his leg was lighly caressed by the kepper's knee.

AS for Rooney's, they're not nearly identical, although I wouldn't have given either one. Rooney's only goal is to reach the ball before Almunia. He kicks it so hard he'd never catch it, so his intention is pretty clear, force contact with the keeper, and get the penalty, which is what he did. Eduardo's intention was the same, but he clearly had the time to control the ball, beeing past the keeper, and he chose to dive.

Maybe you have a point when you mention the injury. If the keeper had come out decisively, he could have gotten to the ball, and no penalty would have been given. MAYBE that fear made him too conservative, and he went down, but a decent player wouldn't have accepted a penalty kick from that. And I didn't see fear or hesitation when he ran his guts out to get there to force the contact that never came.

That's the FA's problem...

But true, this will set a precedent, that we'll have to see just how much will be followed.

Come on!!!

Doesn't want to get hurt, so he falls down when the ball is still in his reach? You can clearly see him touch the ball out of bounds AFTER he's started his free fall. He never lost control of the ball, he dived, and kicked the ball out in the process. He was expecting to get tripped by the keeper's hands, and it was only blind luck that his leg was lighly caressed by the kepper's knee.

AS for Rooney's, they're not nearly identical, although I wouldn't have given either one. Rooney's only goal is to reach the ball before Almunia. He kicks it so hard he'd never catch it, so his intention is pretty clear, force contact with the keeper, and get the penalty, which is what he did. Eduardo's intention was the same, but he clearly had the time to control the ball, beeing past the keeper, and he chose to dive.

Maybe you have a point when you mention the injury. If the keeper had come out decisively, he could have gotten to the ball, and no penalty would have been given. MAYBE that fear made him too conservative, and he went down, but a decent player wouldn't have accepted a penalty kick from that. And I didn't see fear or hesitation when he ran his guts out to get there to force the contact that never came.

i only saw 2 replays of the incident and didnt notice him touching the ball after the keeper, so i youtubed it and, ok your right. My point with them being nearly identical was that they both went down knowing they werent going to be able to do anything with the ball. Rooney is nearly on his knees as the keeper touches him! and from what you describe, this is a worse offence than Eduardo's, Rooney is actively seeking a penalty and whats even worse, he looks round to argue for the penalty. granted, in the Eduardo replays i cant see how he reacts other than jogging back with the ball in his arms.

as for a decent player not accepting it, ive never seen any professional stop and turn down a pen. only sportsmanship ive seen on the pitch was DiCanio catching the ball in our area from his corner because something had happened. but, that is a 1 in a million event...

as for a decent player not accepting it, ive never seen any professional stop and turn down a pen. only sportsmanship ive seen on the pitch was DiCanio catching the ball in our area from his corner because something had happened. but, that is a 1 in a million event...

Robbie Fowler against Arsenal, and he probably missed the penalty on purpose after telling the ref it wasn't a penalty.