IGNORED

Aston Villa

AGENTSMITH

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair to all the Neville haters he was crap early on in his spell at Goodison. Couldnt pass, gave away stupid fouls and couldnt keep hold of the ball, especially with Carsley next to him! However, he has really turned it up in the last couple of years showing his skill technically and mentally as well as his heart. Probably one of the best captains weve ever had at the club for a while!

Hi all, Villa fan here.

I really can't see any of the high scores being predicted above today. If we win I'm sure it will be tight, similarly I can see Everton having just as much chance of sneaking it.

We always seem to struggle against Everton because I think you play the same kind of game as us, physical, athletic with quick closing down. You seem to do the same as us when you lose the ball it's everyone in their positions, pull everyone back and soak up the pressure.

That's why I can see it being really evenly matched today, injuries or not. We're not playing the best at the moment and I can still see Everton being around the top 6 near the end of the season.

Good luck today. If we play as well as we can I can see 2-0 to Villa, if we play like we have been lately I can see 0-0 or 1-0 to the Toffees.

Hey Dirk. You've probably got more faith in our ability to perform today (and for the rest of the season) than most of us have.

Sounded like Ashley Young and Milner had a poor game at Wolves last week...we need the same today please or you could cause us a lot of grief down the wings :unsure: .

At the moment you're pretty much guaranteed that Ashley Young is gonna have a so-so game. He's lost the confidence to take it around people so every time he'll just switch it back on to the right and put a deep floated cross straight to the keeper.

Milner on the other hand will definitely not have a bad game. He's had his one for the season now and even if he's not having the best of times he'll never stop running and chasing down. Our most important player now.

Expect to see:

Friedel

Young      Collins      Dunne     Shorey

Milner     Sidwell      Petrov    Young

Heskey   Agbonlahor

Carew has been poor recently and Heskey is fighting for his place. Nigel Reo-Coker wasn't good enough on his return match to take the place from Sidwell and Warnock is injured so Shorey in at LB.

Good news for us that Neville is out. Not so good that Pienaar is back. Fellaini and Cahill and both very dangerous and I expect one of them to get a penalty against Dunne today.

I predict a draw. We'll concede late in the first half and then grab one back half way through the second. We'll be grateful for the draw, but be disappointed, not because we didn't go on to win but because we didn't play well enough to win, meaning we'll be cacking it come Thursday.

Edited by wallwriter

Defense sounds decent again today for the first time in a while, but I can't understand playing three defensive midfielders (Fellaini, Heitinga, Rodwell) and one striker. Seems strange to me, we need to be attacking teams at home, not trying to frustrate them. Saha and Jo on the bench confounds me. Absolutely need Bily to have a top game and to control the midfield when we're in possession. Cahill needs a goal and I think he'll get one.

2-1 blues.