IGNORED

Aston Villa

AGENTSMITH

I think the Villa game at the weekend is vital to how our season goes. Another defeat and we could be getting into a scrap with the relegation candidates. We need a match that is going to be the "turning point" we seemed to have had them in seasons gone by (recently anyway)

Even if its the worst game in history but we win it could change how the team performs for the rest of the season. We need something especially with Benfica coming up next Thursday. If we just die and roll over again at the weekend its going to be very painful V Benfica.

Yes we've got injuries perhaps the biggest in the Premiership but that should be more inviting for those players who are playing to show the Moyes what they can do.

At the moment Im not getting that feeling?

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah we are officially top of the premierships injured table, theres an actual site for it haha

We do need a positive result on saturday, and i hope we pull it off. I want to see raw aggression in our match this saturday, as you have stated we roll over far too easily, teams know if they show a bit of muscle they will boss the midfield, we need to show were not weak opposition, and at the moment any team facing us will be rubbing there hands, none more so than o'neills team. A perfect example yesterday of how easy it is to score past us, was spurs first goal, a corner that we had resulted half a minute later in them scoring a goal.; Villa are 1 of the best at doing this.

I wil be there cheering them on as usual, lets hope we get a result, an maybe 1 or 2 players back!! :)

We usually look shit at the best of times against any side that has pace and Villa have it in bucketloads, but right now we also have players who are barely trying, are worn out, are completely out of form, and we can't seem to keep hold of the ball for longer than 3 seconds, so I expect we'll struggle even more than usual against their pace.

2-0 to Villa if we play like we have been. But I hope the team show some spirit and fight and do the fuckers and get our season back on track.

I can see this weekend being the 'turnaround' match that's gonna kick-start our stuttering season, again! Unless Phil Neville comes on and does another crunch tackle that gets us going once more. Maybe if he's watching from the sidelines he could slide in on Martin O'Niel and that would work. FFS, its gotta be worth a try!

Edited by wallwriter

We usually look shit at the best of times against any side that has pace and Villa have it in bucketloads, but right now we also have players who are barely trying, are worn out, are completely out of form, and we can't seem to keep hold of the ball for longer than 3 seconds, so I expect we'll struggle even more than usual against their pace.

2-0 to Villa if we play like we have been. But I hope the team show some spirit and fight and do the fuckers and get our season back on track.

This but 3-1 to the Villa

I think we do have a chance but its a slim one and it requires our players having a good game, especially at the back (lets be honest its about time they did!).

Unfortunately Villa I guess are the English version of Benfica. Big target man, 2 tricky wingers and decent passers in midfield, so it will be a good test for that game, and should we get a stuffing here then I imagine the benfica game will go the same way...

honestly depends on who we've got back. I waiting until i see the time announced.

i agree with above though, we need the 1 game that turns our season around and it needs to be sooner rather than laters so that we're on a roll by the time we play the Kopites in a few weeks time. I want to be facing them on the back of sucessive victories...

I just cant see us getting anything out of this game, especially if Piennar is still out.

I was exremely confident that we would get hammered by Benfica, I gave us no chance agaist Spurs, I wasnt exactly overly confident about Bolton and I think Villa are easily better than all of those sides!

So Im going for 4-0 Villa

I hate to repeat the negative assertions above, but we really do need Pienaar back. I'm sure Arteta is still 3 weeks away and no one else in the team has shown the ability to unlock opposition defenses. If it were me I'd be very tempted to give someone like Baxter at least a decent cameo to see if he could come up with anything.

Hi guys long term reader of toffeetalk just thought Id sign up and make my first comment as im going to my first game in a few years on saturday. With work commitments going overseas ect I have not been able to get to GP very often (infact 2001 was the last time i managed to get there shocking i know!) very excited about going again and hopefully will be the first of many this season!

Was just wondering these days which pub to go to near the ground which is best for atmosphere ect and a good pre-match build up? Bringing a friend along and making a day of it with some early pre-match drinking!

Any help will be much appreciated

Cmon you Blues! 2-1 Saha to score first is my prediction!

The optimistic pessimist or the pessimistic optimist, I shall let you decide. Either way, we will have a few of the walking wounded back on Saturday, the fight, spirit and endeavour shall return in abundance and we will turn our season around with a thumping 3-0 victory OR, the injury gloom will not get any better, we stick out a similar team to Bolton (which was good enough on paper to get a result by the way) and Spurs, show no fight, spirit and endeavour and the speedy, counter attacking Villa will have a field day and romp to a comfortable 3-0 victory themselves.

Therefore logic decrees that the match will be a dour, stalemate at 0-0. ;)

wicked we need a bit more bite in midfield! personally i've always liked phil but only just realised what we're missing when he ain't there...

That's pretty much what happened with Carsley!.....Neville has his faults, but there's nothing wrong with the size of his heart.

I hope Villa turn up thinking we are there for the taking!

Pretty tight game.....1-0.Fellaini to pay back a bit more of that fee.