IGNORED

Chelsea (Away)

FairWooney

Gulp!

After chatting about yesterdays game with my dad with quite a bit of possitiity after a few good performances and confidence boosting come back he asked "who have we got next week then?"

The confidence drained from the conversation at that point, we may be on the way up performance wise and ready to kick on with some wins but I think Chelsea was the last team we'd have wanted next!

HOWEVER, We've frequently given them good matches before and if we can carry that confidence gained at the end of the Spurs game into this one we can make a good match of it. Chelsea picked up a rare loss at the weekend however they are still on an impressive 7 wins from 7 games at home and it's hard to see that change. Their goal scornig record has also been phenominal with 37 scored in their 15 games and just 10 conceeded, only 1 goals conceeded at home.

Our team for the game

Howard

Coleman Hibbert Distin/Yobo/Neil Baines

Piennar Rodwell Fellaini Heitinga Bilya

Saha

Very defence minded central midfield.

Big test for Coleman but after his MOTM in the last game I think it's worth giving him his chance. Will need to do a lot more defending than wing back attacking in this one but that's his main job anyway so we'll see if he can stand up to it.

Saha has to start, Jo has given it a good go the last few games and worked hard but he just hasn't got the finishing ability of Saha (or Yak) and his persistant offsides need to be addressed.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be really nice to have Ossie back and play something like this:

Howard

Coleman Hibbo Yobo Baines

Heitinga

Bily Rodwell Pienaar

Felli

Saha/Jo

Given current form, I'd just as soon see Jo up front as Saha, especially as I suspect we'll play to not lose.

Saha would be magnificent if he's clear of injury, otherwise use him as a sub in the last 15 if it's close.

After watching Bily link well with Coleman at spurs I kept him on the right and pienaar on the left with baines.

I think that evens out the pace/grit on both wings.

Felli is up to Cahill's usual role while I put Heits in DM. hopefully Rodwell will give us some strength going forward

and some holding power in the center of the park.

Can realistically see it being either 1-1 (Saha, Anelka) or 2-1 to them(Saha, Anelka, Lampard.) Hoping for better tho.

Edited by bluenoseyankee

sorry i'm a bit tired and apparently forgot what i was writing half way through the post.

It should have read:

Howard

Coleman Heits Yobo Baines

Felli

Bily Rodwell Pienaar Ossie

Saha/Jo

I guess that's what happens when all you've done that past 48 hrs is drink and study econometrics.

Guest rusty747

One thing I noticed about Hibbo in his 2 games at centre back is his superb positioning. Once he gets where he needs to be he doesn't always make a centre backs challenge but there is no denying his positional sense. With that in mind, and knowing the blood ang guts sort of player he is, I was wondering what the feeling is about giving him the Lee Carsley role and playing him just in front of the back 4? It would enable Coleman to play RB and let Hibbo make a few crunching tackles outside our penalty box.

Thoughts?

Nil Satis

One thing I noticed about Hibbo in his 2 games at centre back is his superb positioning.

It's a shame he doesn't take that into his play when he's at RB, because his positioning is shite there. I agree he has does position himself well at CB.

I was wondering what the feeling is about giving him the Lee Carsley role and playing him just in front of the back 4? It would enable Coleman to play RB and let Hibbo make a few crunching tackles outside our penalty box.

Thoughts?

No :blink:.

2-1 to us i reckon. Without Essien our midfield may have a little more fun. Looks like Chelski maybe hittin a bad patch based on their last 2 results and our performances have consistantly improved. I think we will get a last minute winnner on the break after Chelski have pushed everything forward to get all 3 points. a man can dream...

I think it should be an interesting game...

However should we play crap and get stuffed we will be back to square one. A good performance with plenty of bollocks and effort will do fine for me, whatever the result.

"I was wondering what the feeling is about giving him the Lee Carsley role and playing him just in front of the back 4? It would enable Coleman to play RB and let Hibbo make a few crunching tackles outside our penalty box.

Thoughts?"

Are you on crack?!

I think it should be an interesting game...

However should we play crap and get stuffed we will be back to square one. A good performance with plenty of bollocks and effort will do fine for me, whatever the result.

"I was wondering what the feeling is about giving him the Lee Carsley role and playing him just in front of the back 4? It would enable Coleman to play RB and let Hibbo make a few crunching tackles outside our penalty box.

Thoughts?"

Are you on crack?!

Tbf, it'd be an option if we had Pienaar and Arteta in CM in front of him to demand the football. But he'd just hoof it without them :P

We can win this.

We gave them tough games last term; different team, same mentality. We just need people to smother there play in the middle of the park and try and keep Drogba subdued. It can be done.

Might be easier if we just kidnap him along with Anelka, Terry, Malouda, both Coles, Lampard ....

On second thoughts lets just hope for a freak monsoun to hit Stamford Bridge so the game gets called off!