IGNORED

Liverpool (away)

FairWooney

I doubt he'd be starting anyway so not the biggest of tricks!

Groin strains can pop up fairly easily, I had one while playing 5 a side last week, 2 days later I was fine and out running with no problem.

However I should probably have rested it as on the Friday I managed to strain the blighter again in the gym. another 3 days later and it's fine.

A bit of ice and rest and no doubt his fine lady giving him a good massage (or big Micky rathbone more like!) and i'm sure he's fine!

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

COYB! Please please please get all 3 points.. Not for the points but so we can win on the ground we won trophys on before the RS existed!

Don't know if I'm too optimistic but I predict two goals from us, Pienaar and Heitinga, yes Heitinga.

And hopefully just the one from them..... I'll go Kuyt because he loves scoring against us but then a go so does Gerrard. So my heart says 2-1 but..

I'll go 2-2.

....and I would say no to Mikel coming on in the 89th minute and scoring a blinder :D COYB!

Edited by t-cahill

I can't watch a game that's not live unless it was a thriller... i'll generally get the score then watch with a finger caressing the fast forward button.

I choose the wake up, or stay up. 4:45 isn't that hard, as long as you don't have kids or a significant other you're golden!

4:45 isn't bad, no. I'm used to waking up balls early to climb (alpinism) but for football? I hadn't yet realized how much of a problem I have. Also, I'm watching it with 4-5 Reds as I'm the lone Blue here in Eugene. I'd love to win, watching the FA derby last year with them was about the highlight of the season for me.

As for outcome, I think 2-1 either way. Obviously I hope it goes our way, but we don't have the best of records at Anfield.

I went on the shites forum last nite to see what they were saying about us. For some peverse reason i like getting wound up about what them horrible lot have to say and how great they think they are. They all think its gonna be a walk over and how ere a long ball team with no football being played in the midfield :blink:( I know i know). Just proves how poor they are these days that 90% of them are begging for Lucas to play and how he makes them tick. FACT! I just hope we stick to them on their own turf its been too long coming. If we win there the confidence will be sky high going into the Chelsea game and boy do we owe them one aswell

I went on the shites forum last nite to see what they were saying about us. For some peverse reason i like getting wound up about what them horrible lot have to say and how great they think they are. They all think its gonna be a walk over and how ere a long ball team with no football being played in the midfield :blink:( I know i know). Just proves how poor they are these days that 90% of them are begging for Lucas to play and how he makes them tick. FACT! I just hope we stick to them on their own turf its been too long coming. If we win there the confidence will be sky high going into the Chelsea game and boy do we owe them one aswell

Reading that fills me with confidence, if the team & manager (Liverpool) itself think the same thing then they're gonna be in for a shock. COYB!

Erm, we are mostly a long ball team though, you can't get wound up about the truth surely?

haha, In my opinion, we're not along ball team in the main, but I will grant that we do definitely resort to this tactic when things don't seem to be going our way. However, if you look at the recent games where we've played our best football, we've tended not to hoof it forward to much (Distin excluded! ;)). I know the derby are a different game all together, but I'm hoping that the we can take some of that into the match on Saturday and show them differently.

I disagree. I think we still play far more hoofball than we play football.

The frustrating thing is we're actually better at football than hoofball, because when we play hoofball the ball is constantly coming back at us because we're not actually that good at winning those hoofs, but when we play football we can control games.

Done a little bit of spying, by the sounds of it they dont want the ref either haha.

Re: Liverpool V Everton - Anfield, Saturday 6th February, 12:45KO, Anfield

« Reply #107 on: February 1, 2010, 07:03:17 PM »Oh dear god, my heart sank when I saw this. Can't stand the fucking man!

Martin Atkinson to referee Merseyside Derby

MARTIN Atkinson will take charge of the 213th Merseyside Derby on Saturday at Anfield.

It will be the first all Merseyside clash the Yorkshireman has taken charge of since he was appointed to the Select Group Referees list in 2005.

Atkinson has officiated Liverpool on four occasions this season, resulting in two defeats and two draws - while he has taken charge of Everton on two occasions, They have failed to win either of those games too.

In season 2007–08 he sent off Mikel Arteta for violent conduct in an Arsenal fixture and also gave an early bath for then Liverpool player Peter Crouch for violent conduct in a game against Chelsea.

Last season Atkinson took charge of 39 matches, showing 129 yellow cards and 11 reds.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2010/02/01/martin-atkinson-to-referee-merseyside-derby-100252-25738461/

Based on the above i'm guessing two reds haha

I disagree. I think we still play far more hoofball than we play football.

The frustrating thing is we're actually better at football than hoofball, because when we play hoofball the ball is constantly coming back at us because we're not actually that good at winning those hoofs, but when we play football we can control games.

I think the hoofball will become a rarer site as our midfield solidifies and confidence grows. At the beginning of the season i couldnt blame them for kicking it long because the midfield werent able to hold the ball which meant that hoofing gave them a bit more breathing space, even if it was only a few seconds. But if Screech plays the way he has and we have Billy, Pienaar and Arteta to release too, i think we will see more football being played. Heres hoping anyway!

As for the ref... 2 reds and 8 yellows is my guess but not guessing on the scoreline!

I think the hoofball will become a rarer site as our midfield solidifies and confidence grows. At the beginning of the season i couldnt blame them for kicking it long because the midfield werent able to hold the ball which meant that hoofing gave them a bit more breathing space, even if it was only a few seconds. But if Screech plays the way he has and we have Billy, Pienaar and Arteta to release too, i think we will see more football being played. Heres hoping anyway!

As for the ref... 2 reds and 8 yellows is my guess but not guessing on the scoreline!

Same card count as you lad! 2 reds, 8 yellows....2-2 ;)

Same card count as you lad! 2 reds, 8 yellows....2-2 ;)

care to guess the players for the red cards? I'd go with Carragher (if he's not caught rugby tackling our players in the box then taking down Pienaar because he cant keep up) and Cahill (second booking after scoring in the last minute and celebrating in front of the Kop). Still staying away from the score though!

care to guess the players for the red cards? I'd go with Carragher (if he's not caught rugby tackling our players in the box then taking down Pienaar because he cant keep up) and Cahill (second booking after scoring in the last minute and celebrating in front of the Kop). Still staying away from the score though!

Sound argument, i like i like...im going for Carragher and Felli. The type of Ref you dont want when felli is around, is a card happy one, and the shite will try to prove that theory with Masch kicking him at every opportunity, hoping that he'll lose his rag. Two bookable offences tho.

I wouldnt even put Bily on the bench for the derby. If the FA Cup game at home to Birmingham was too fast for him then he will never be able to handle the derby

Sound argument, i like i like...im going for Carragher and Felli. The type of Ref you dont want when felli is around, is a card happy one, and the shite will try to prove that theory with Masch kicking him at every opportunity, hoping that he'll lose his rag. Two bookable offences tho.

I was going to go with Felli to be honest for exactly that reason! Maybe Masch will get pissed off that he's not phasing Screech and lunge at him, getting himself sent off instead! Sounds better eh? But Skippy has a very good record of scoring against them so.... Who knows, i like this new theory!

I wouldnt even put Bily on the bench for the derby. If the FA Cup game at home to Birmingham was too fast for him then he will never be able to handle the derby

I know what you mean. It was a toss up between LD and Billy and i went with Billy because he can come off after 60 mins and LD can come on and run rings around the tired defence. aaah, selection headaches.... :)

Just as a point of interest, Liverpool TV is currently free-to-air (Sky 434). Watched "Kop Talkin'" yesterday, repeated tonight at 9.00, the last section of which is a one eyed discussion about the game. After that there's "Big Match Build Up" at 10.00.

Guaranteed to ease the tension if you have a beer or two and hurl expletives at the screen :P . Worked for me yesterday anyway :lol: .

Just as a point of interest, Liverpool TV is currently free-to-air (Sky 434). Watched "Kop Talkin'" yesterday, repeated tonight at 9.00, the last section of which is a one eyed discussion about the game. After that there's "Big Match Build Up" at 10.00.

Guaranteed to ease the tension if you have a beer or two and hurl expletives at the screen :P . Worked for me yesterday anyway :lol: .

sounds like a plan!

Im just hoping Screech embaresses SG and JM all game long and does one of those fancy turns to round it off! By the way, did you see Bellamy going up to him with a smile on his face and congratulate Mo? I was exceptionally surprised!

Erm, we are mostly a long ball team though, you can't get wound up about the truth surely?

What wound me up was that they were implying they are a superior passing and attractive footballing team than ourselves which is completely absurd. Most of the time they go long from the back and completley miss out their midfield looking for Torres etc. Yes i agree we do play hoofball to much for my liking but thats mainly when Distin or Neville are on the ball in areas where they are not comfortable enough to bring the ball out or make a more difficult pass.