IGNORED

Liverpool (away)

FairWooney

a poor performance but a good result against Wigan after several good games, confidence is high and I think this will be a good match.

Shites have started picking up more points again but not performing all that well, Gerrard not hitting form since injury yet and no Torres.

Tough call but I'm going to go 2-1 win for us.

Cahill and Osman the scorers.

Gerrard for them

Mascherano to get sent off.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We al know that this month's (Feb) fixture list is going to be hard for us - Liverpool, United, Chelsea and then Spurs - Realistically speaking, if we can get at least 6points out of those games, I'd be pretty satisfied. As for the Liverpool game, without Torres and with Gerrard not quite up to form, and us on a bit of a roll, I think we've got a good chance of winning it. Derby games though, are never that predictable, but I'd like to see us trying to at least keep a clean sheet. If we can do that than we've got a good chance of getting something out of the game. Looking forward to this one. COYB

I think anything other than a win would be disappointing. I saw livepool on motd last night, and they where terrible. Kuyts goal was shite and the other one was from a deflection. I think right now we have a better squad than they do hands down.

So yeah, I will be very very annoyed if we lose next saturday. A draw might be acceptable if both teams play very well, but I think for Everton it's a must win!

COYB X X

Edited by EFC247

I'm still pissed off with Birmingham performance but we have at least got back to winning ways albeit against poorer opposition.

That lot are certainly not at their best either, and hopefully our players will still be smarting from their win over us at GP and will be really fired up for this.

Hopefully we will get a sensible ref (card wise) who will let the game flow as much as possible, feel we can win this though 2-0

This has gotta be our best chance of winning at their place for a while now so yeah I'm feeling confident we can get something out of this, and to be honest I don't give a fuck if they dominate the game but we win 1-0 with a 95th minute Carragher og, they've robbed us enough times over the years!!

The trouble is these games don't often go with form and the RS have a habit of putting on a performance so could go either way, as has been said we need a ref up to the occasion as that's fucked us over before Clattenburg to mention just once.

2-1 to us Cahill & Donovan

Edited by Blue Oz

Can't see us not scoring at least one against them, we just need to keep a clean sheet.

Trouble is we will probably outplay them again, and lose to a piece of bad luck again.

Really big game for both teams, whoever wins may well go on a run.

Fast and physical, couple of red cards, a penalty or two and who knows what the other 80 minutes will throw up!

The only thing I know for sure is that I'll be a bag of nerves from start to finish.

I can recommend doing what I did for the Anfield derby in '07. Be on a plane :P . Still slightly stressed but having no way of getting an update made me relatively fatalistic about the result....and when I landed we'd got a draw. Simple.

Derby's make me too nervous to predict :unsure:. I'd like to say as long as we perform well then the result will take care of itself but you just never know with Derby's.

The only thing I know for sure is that I'll be a bag of nerves from start to finish.

COYB.

haha your not the only one!

I continually cross either side of excitement or nervousness... Everyone that knows me, knows not to be in the house if the derby is on TV and Im not there (at the game)!

Edited by Bailey

I can't watch a game that's not live unless it was a thriller... i'll generally get the score then watch with a finger caressing the fast forward button.

I choose the wake up, or stay up. 4:45 isn't that hard, as long as you don't have kids or a significant other you're golden!

I have to say as good a run as we are on I am very nervous about this one (God knows how the players feel) I am sick of watching derbies where either we play well and lose or get robbed by a ref. It would be nice like the 3-1 to just win from the outset and play well aswell =)

4-0 Felli to get all 4

Kuyt and the big greek are key at the moment for them, Gerrard is another worry if he turns up he could cause some problems but I believe we have a stronger team, they have some bad injuries like us we will also have better subs, we will win this!

In other words, we can beat them

1-2, fellaini and Arteta

Am exactly the same as you romey when it comes to derby matches, i tend to sit there in a cold sweat haha, i can never settle or sit, and since i missed out on a ticket, i have to think where to watch it, just cannot settle in my house watching a derby, so the pub it will be most probably... Seriously hope we turn these gobshites over, and as someone said it could spur are run on into a bad month of games... Please god, be on our side for this match :) You wouldnt realise we have a church backed onto our ground, with the amount of bad luck we get haha

I honestly think I would get more pleasure out of the game if they absolutely slaughtered us and had 5 perfectly good goals ruled out for offside 3 blatant penalty decisions turned down Gerrard given a straight red for a perfectly good tackle ( even better if the ref was about to produce a yellow and Hibbo tells him to make it a red!) and we then in injury time Cahill catches the ball on the penalty spot in frony of the Kop with both hands then under arm bowls it into the net amidst howls of protest from the travelling hoards of Norwegians and the ref gives it and we win 1-0!

Would it also be too much to ask for Rafa to be rewarded with a new 20 year contract after the game?

For me that would be even better than a 5-0 win

Is he? I checked the OS this morning and he's not on the injury list..

due to exams I'm not fully up to date.. i thought he made his debut a few games back, didn't he?

Not sure he had a groin injury that's why he didn't play against Wigan hope he can make the derby, we have such a chance of winning at Anfield this season !

I am past all that nervous stuff about derby games. To me, these days, it's just another game in the calendar. I was born and bred in anfiled and believe me in the 70's, 80's and early 90's it was legs turning to jelly time but somehow the way football has progressed seems to have changed this, even my red friends agree to a certain degree. I think the nervousness stems from the fear of getting a right hiding but on the whole that rarely happens. Honestly even the stick in work the week after has subsided either way and I still live and workin in Liverpool. Treat it as another game, enjoy it and if the worst happens you can still wake up the next day and thank god that "You where chosen, you understand, you need no explanation and you matter". :)

groin strain doesn't normally last long, he'll be ok unless he has any other issues this week.

hopefully its a clever little trick to make the Kopites think he wont be fit! He's not mentioned in the OS injury list (not that info from there is reliable.) if that helps...