Agger

Insua

Lucas

Mascherano

Maxi

Kuyt

Gerrard

N'gog

Apparently, that's their starting 11 tomorrow.

Seeing that side gives me even more confidence than I already had. Besides Reina and Gerrard, they haven't got any top players. Is Benitez just taking a precaution with Torres and having him on the bench to come on later in the game when necessary or is he definitely out injured? I remember they said 6 to 8 weeks at first but I haven't heard anything about how the injury has developed.

Edited by Steve_E

To be honest I think we are a bit of both (hoofball/football) we tend to clear our lines and get it up field early and then let our flair players get on the ball and make something happen. We usually only build from the back if we go down the left. I dont mind the way we play as long as the passes are well directed (like Heitinga for the most part), when Neville, Distin, Yobo, Hibbert get on the ball they just get rid of it where they can and dont really look for the player that much.

Only Hibbert, Yobo and Jags unavailable for tomorrow.

Squad...

Howard, Nash, Neville, Coleman, Heitinga, Senderos, Distin, Baines, Fellaini, Osman, Arteta, Rodwell, Pienaar, Bilyaletdinov, Donovan, Gosling, Cahill, Saha, Yakubu, Vaughan, Anichebe, Duffy, Baxter, Forshaw.

It's hero time....and it could be any of them....the Goose proved that!

For me:

------------------------- Howard --------------------

Neville ------- Heitinga ------ Senderos ------ Baines

Donovan ----- Fellaini ------ Arteta -------- Pienaar

------------------------ Cahill --------------------

------------------- Saha ---------------------------

Bench: Nash, Yakubu, Osman, Distin, Bilyaletdinov, Rodwell, Coleman

Osman for Arteta if Arteta is unfit.

Coleman ------- Heitinga ------ Senderos ------ Baines

Donovan ----- Fellaini ------ Neville -------- Pienaar

I'd prefer that. With Neville's job to be Gerrard's shadow.

Coleman ------- Heitinga ------ Senderos ------ Baines

Donovan ----- Fellaini ------ Neville -------- Pienaar

I'd prefer that. With Neville's job to be Gerrard's shadow.

why when Fellaini has marked him out of 2 champions league games for liege, he is at the top of his game now and if we take gerrard out of the game they wont make many chances. Neville isnt good enough to play there with a full fit squad.

I think even to play Mikel from the first half would give us a much bigger chance of getting something out the game. We could really go at them with the Yak and Saha up front with Fellaini and Arteta behind, but its always best to stick to whats doing best so maybe this.

Neville ------- Heitinga ------ Senderos ------ Baines

Donovan ----- Fellaini ------ Arteta -------- Pienaar

Edited by Blue4Ever

Playing Fellaini and Rodwell creates the exact same problem as having Neville there, two defensive midfielders is not the way to go! In fact, playing Rodwell is probably worse than having Neville there because Rodwell doesn't have the positional sense or discipline to be in the right at the right time. I'm no fan of Osman but he looks better in the middle, there's no reason to change things.

We all know this is no ordinary game, as usual form counts for nothing (though to be honest, we would all rather our team be going into to this game bang on form)...My point is Moyes will have a big say!Some players will give heart and soul today in what will be a potential battle, Moyes knows who's up to the fight and who's not.

They should ALL be up for it we know, but this game requires more than just skill ie Bily who has plenty of that, may find himself getting left behind the pace of this match, where as Osman I'm sure would give his heart and soul, that kind of thing.....on the other hand maybe Bily and his type can keep a cool head while all around are blinded by passion......SHIT!.....Who would want Moyes' job?.....maybe just play your best 11 ect.

When we wanted we outplayed liverpool at Goodison, and wiped the floor with Man City and gave Arsenal a bloody big scare..........but we let Birmingham mug us in our own back yard.....which Everton will turn up today?....will gerrard turn up today?

We were robbed at Goodison!.......lets settle that score today.

May every free kick and corner lead to problems for liverpools defence.....and may an Everton head get on the end each delivery!

Playing Fellaini and Rodwell creates the exact same problem as having Neville there, two defensive midfielders is not the way to go! In fact, playing Rodwell is probably worse than having Neville there because Rodwell doesn't have the positional sense or discipline to be in the right at the right time. I'm no fan of Osman but he looks better in the middle, there's no reason to change things.

Fellaini and neville is the way to go i think. defensive orientated surely, but they can play forward quite a bit, the real creative jobs are for pienaar, donovan and Saha..

i hope we get to see a little magic from Arteta as a sub.. 90 minutse is probably a little to much

Liverpool: Reina, Carragher, Kyrgiakos, Agger, Insua, Mascherano, Lucas, Kuyt, Gerrard, Maxi, Ngog.

Subs: Cavalieri, Aquilani, Riera, Aurelio, Babel, Degen, Skrtel.

Everton: Howard, Neville, Distin, Heitinga, Baines, Fellaini, Donovan, Osman, Cahill, Pienaar, Saha.

Subs: Nash, Bilyaletdinov, Arteta, Yakubu, Senderos, Anichebe, Coleman.