IGNORED

Liverpool (away)

FairWooney

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely shocking performance from us once we lost Fellaini. He's clearly the key man for us.

Arteta couldn't really be more off the pace, he really didn't add anything to the game. Almost unbelievable how pedestrian and predictable we were, no invention.

Poor from Howard on the one and only save he needed to make. That ball had to be his.

Not even sure if Saha was on the field, just a sad performance from him, especially right after signing the new contract. Sure Anichebe should have scored at the end, but we really never deserved to win.

I think Pienaar really lost the plot right from the early challenge by Carragher, didn't seem to have his usual touch and balance.

Shame the ref didn't get the game under control from the off, don't really think the rough and tumble style really suited us.

No idea what Distin is playing at, he was awful in the first half.

Really couldn't believe how slow we played once we were up a man.

Only Heitinga and maybe Baines, for me showed up today.

We'll need Felli back right quick and we need to get Arteta a ton more games.

Yeh I agree, especially with the points in bold. When Fellaini went off our midfield must have averaged about 5'9 in height and about 10 stone. Way too lightweight for a physical game, only Cahill can really handle himself.

No one seems to be pointing out how one man completely conned the ref every time. Gerrard is a dirty, moan, manipulative thug who doesnt deserve the wages he's on. I counted 3 dives (including faking it for Pienarr to get sent off), 11 'moans' and 4 horrendous challeges (one again was on pienaar when he was already on the ground). I don't like the shite at the best of times and if that mans still in their squad, i like them even less...anyone notice when the bitterness between the two clubs started??? roughly the time a dirty shit, took to the pitch and started pissing people off. undoubted talent, undoubted grade 'A' prick.

Now for the game. we didnt create jack shit, hence we lost. If the ref was on top at the beginning, Masch getting a card early on, some of the other players might have seen that they couldnt get away with some of the tackles.

Fellaini should have been off.

Kyryagos descision was correct.

Pienaar 2nd yellow, incorrect.

Mascherano on at least a yellow within the first five minutes.

Heitinga was brilliant today.

Saha looked completely uninterested.

Yakubu did more in 10 mins than Saha in the 80.

Donovan proving a cracking signing so far.

Arteta is no where near match fit and set pieces show that.

Osman was completely invisible in the second hald (was good in the first).

Carragher is shit and uses his wardrobe likr frame to knock people down.

Reina is undoubtably one of the best keepers in the league even tho he has momnents of 'flapping'.

Howard was weak conceiding the goal.

Baines looked alot better, should have taken some more set pieces.

Anichebe looked suprisingly sharp.

Pienaar is a fiesty bugger and love him, should have drifted in more to help the legs of Arteta.

Neville was pretty quiet.

Cahill had a good game.

Kuyt is an ugly tw*t.

Edited by tenaciousj

No one seems to be pointing out how one man completely conned the ref every time. Gerrard is a dirty, moan, manipulative thug who doesnt deserve the wages he's on. I counted 3 dives (including faking it for Pienarr to get sent off), 11 'moans' and 4 horrendous challeges (one again was on pienaar when he was already on the ground). I don't like the shite at the best of times and if that mans still in their squad, i like them even less...anyone notice when the bitterness between the two clubs started??? roughly the time a dirty shit, took to the pitch and started pissing people off. undoubted talent, undoubted grade 'A' prick.

Agree with that. The hardest part to understand is that he complains about dives.... disgraceful.

I think Moyes really screwed up bringing on Yak and Vic. IMO two worst he could have chosen. I'd have loved to have seen Vaughny on for Saha, who tried but didn't have "it" today and Coleman on for Pip, who didn't offer anything going forward.

Baines my MOTM for some great defending and some generally good play on the wing. All in all a horrible match...I should have slept in.

Sorry I don't spend my time counting what an opposition player does.

Not a great performance, going 1 behind killed us as Liverpool sat back with 8 men behind the ball and were just not used to playing against that and struggle to break it down. Saying that our efforts were pretty weak, we didn't even get round the edge of their box most of the time and just seemed to be passing it back to the centre backs all the time.

I'd rather Vaughan on the bench ahead of Anichebe especially already having a similar holding strong striker in Yak on the bench already. His outburst over Gerrard's foul was pathetic and child like. Gerrard clearly didn't do it deliberately as he was going in for the ball as piennar was (diving) falling to ground and just caught him badly. His decission (or lack of) when he got through down the right side of the goal was poor also, a shot across goal or a chip towards back post would have been great but he just failed to do anything.

Does anyone know which game Piennar misses?> Chelsea or Man u?

Ok now read my comment, which admitingly has been edited:

Fellaini should have been off.

Kyryagos descision was correct.

Pienaar 2nd yellow, incorrect.

Mascherano on at least a yellow within the first five minutes.

Heitinga was brilliant today.

Saha looked completely uninterested.

Yakubu did more in 10 mins than Saha in the 80.

Donovan proving a cracking signing so far.

Arteta is no where near match fit and set pieces show that.

Osman was completely invisible in the second hald (was good in the first).

Carragher is shit and uses his wardrobe likr frame to knock people down.

Reina is undoubtably one of the best keepers in the league even tho he has momnents of 'flapping'.

Howard was weak conceiding the goal.

Baines looked alot better, should have taken some more set pieces.

Anichebe looked suprisingly sharp.

Pienaar is a fiesty bugger and love him, should have drifted in more to help the legs of Arteta.

Neville was pretty quiet.

Cahill had a good game.

Kuyt is an ugly tw*t.

I didn't sit there with a fcuking 'I HATE STEPHEN GERRARD PEDOMETER'

Edited by tenaciousj

fair play mate...amusingly didn't even read that bit of your post!!! :rolleyes:

Howard's been knocked a lot for the goal, I agree he should have claimed it but Neville deserves some of the blame foor not getting goal side of his man and not doing anything to stop HIS MAN from scoring. considering the two of them spent the whole build up working him over and trying to deal with him they did a pretty bad job.

fair play mate...amusingly didn't even read that bit of your post!!! :rolleyes:

Howard's been knocked a lot for the goal, I agree he should have claimed it but Neville deserves some of the blame foor not getting goal side of his man and not doing anything to stop HIS MAN from scoring. considering the two of them spent the whole build up working him over and trying to deal with him they did a pretty bad job.

I had to vent my anger first. im ok now :) haha

That was garbage. There were times in the second half where all I could think about was the Benitez 'small club' jibe because that's what we played like - no composure, no skill, no ability, just launching it around like a bunch of headless chickens like a team who doesn't believe they can compete with the opposition playing football. This is my one big criticism of Moyes - when we come up against the so-called 'big' teams, we never seem interested in trying to win the game by imposing our game on them, its all about stopping them. Ok I know there have been exceptions (e.g. Arsenal at the Emirates a couple of weeks back), but Moyes' record in big games - derbies, Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, big cup matches - is dreadful. We're not the fucking Dogs of War anymore, so why go out against a mediocre Liverpool side - and one down to ten men for nearly an hour - and look more interested in kicking them than trying to beat them by playing football, the way we did comprehensively against Man City, for example? Not one of our lot can hold their heads up after that, it was a completely immature, hot-headed, directionless display that confirms we've got a long way to go if we fancy ourselves as a 'big' team again. That's Europe gone, and I can't see us getting anything against Chelsea or Manure coz we'll just play the same way again.

What a poor game, we just didn't turn up!Saha as has ben said didn't do much....did he get ANY service!liverpool seemed to want it more and that was just about the only difference between the teams, did either of them create anything?Going down to ten men just made them run harder and shut us down, last thing we neede when we didn't seem interested.They all seemed to be looking for someone to take control and it nevr came.

Other than the sending off incident it did seem to me liverpool got more from the ref than perhaps they should, and I agree with a previous poster Gerrard is a whinging tosser.

This doesn't feel as bad as getting cheated at Goodison because we deserved nothing.

Phil Neville, England international, Everton captain, standing on the wrong side of kuyt at the corner for the goal..........CHILDREN, if you were watching.....don't copy Phil.

Arteta isn't ready for that kind of game.

Thought it was a great turn from Anichebe and but for some luck from goalkeeper that ball would have been sitting nicely for Cahill and co!

Maybe some attacking passion and better making at the corner from Coleman (instead of Neville) would have helped.

We know we can play way better than that.......and that's all I'm hanging onto at the moment!

What a poor game, we just didn't turn up!Saha as has ben said didn't do much....did he get ANY service!liverpool seemed to want it more and that was just about the only difference between the teams, did either of them create anything?Going down to ten men just made them run harder and shut us down, last thing we neede when we didn't seem interested.They all seemed to be looking for someone to take control and it nevr came.

Other than the sending off incident it did seem to me liverpool got more from the ref than perhaps they should, and I agree with a previous poster Gerrard is a whinging tosser.

This doesn't feel as bad as getting cheated at Goodison because we deserved nothing.

Phil Neville, England international, Everton captain, standing on the wrong side of kuyt at the corner for the goal..........CHILDREN, if you were watching.....don't copy Phil.

Arteta isn't ready for that kind of game.

Thought it was a great turn from Anichebe and but for some luck from goalkeeper that ball would have been sitting nicely for Cahill and co!

Maybe some attacking passion and better making at the corner from Coleman (instead of Neville) would have helped.

We know we can play way better than that.......and that's all I'm hanging onto at the moment!

Problem is if you don't play your best in these kind of games you're never gonna win anything - it's ok playing average and beating Wigan, there's no excuse not turning it on in a derby

DM..

"We didn't play badly and didn't deserve to lose the game, so that is disappointing."

"There were no real problems with the performance. I have told the players we will keep doing it - we just didn't have quite enough at the top end of the pitch today."

Watched a different game from everyone else :mellow: ?

DM..

Watched a different game from everyone else :mellow: ?

Nope I think he must have been at the same game as me because I agree with him

The only difference between the 2 sides 2day was Neville & Howard going 2 sleep for 2 seconds on the corner

Im pissed off that we have passed up on a golden opportunity to beat a very average liverpool side but I certainly didnt think that they were any better than us

The only difference between the 2 sides 2day was Neville & Howard going 2 sleep for 2 seconds on the corner

Im pissed off that we have passed up on a golden opportunity to beat a very average liverpool side but I certainly didnt think that they were any better than us

So you're satisfied that we played as well as Liverpool....who (as you say) are very average. There's no problem with a performance like that :mellow: ? And we didn't play badly?

I have to agree with Duncan. A draw would have been the fair result but when has football been about fairness. Having the extra man may have been our downfall, especially after going a goal behind because Liverpool sat back to defend, giving us too much time on the ball which we never had a clue how to utilise properly. It's not about them being moaners, divers, targetting Fellaini or whatever. If you are good enough you can get around that and today we were not good enough to win but certainly did not deserve to lose but that's the way football goes.

On another note, would you have took three draws against Liverpool, Chelsea and Man Utd. If so then, one win in the next two games yields as many points as three draws. Would you take that now?

I've been a lurker around here for along time so im going to break my duck and post.

Today was a big disappointment imo, right from the management down.Fellini should have

been sent off but once he isnt we should have taken control.Let the ball do the work,work the channels,

hog the touchlines,spread the game, make them work thier socks off.But we didnt y? Saha got a knock from

the greek after about 10 mins, got no free kick threw his arms in the air,had a hissy fit and was seen

no more.Someone said he got no ball but i didnt see him show for too many or work the channels looking

for the outlet ball.Moyes has a fear of taking a chance hence Arteta and not 442 after the sending off.

He could have went 442 and forced them onto the back foot but his conservative nature came back to haunt

us again.I dont believe he empowers his players to play thier game against percieved better opposition.

The Arsenal game will haunt him forever more,even against the likes of Sunderland,2 up 20 mins gone and

we are wondering how many we will get instead Moyes is telling the midfield to sit in and stay put with an

hour left.Arsenal would get 8 we settled for 2 FEAR does funny things to grown men

I've been a lurker around here for along time so im going to break my duck and post.

Today was a big disappointment imo, right from the management down.Fellini should have

been sent off but once he isnt we should have taken control.Let the ball do the work,work the channels,

hog the touchlines,spread the game, make them work thier socks off.But we didnt y? Saha got a knock from

the greek after about 10 mins, got no free kick threw his arms in the air,had a hissy fit and was seen

no more.Someone said he got no ball but i didnt see him show for too many or work the channels looking

for the outlet ball.Moyes has a fear of taking a chance hence Arteta and not 442 after the sending off.

He could have went 442 and forced them onto the back foot but his conservative nature came back to haunt

us again.I dont believe he empowers his players to play thier game against percieved better opposition.

The Arsenal game will haunt him forever more,even against the likes of Sunderland,2 up 20 mins gone and

we are wondering how many we will get instead Moyes is telling the midfield to sit in and stay put with an

hour left.Arsenal would get 8 we settled for 2 FEAR does funny things to grown men

why should felli have been sent off? if you mean kicking kuyts face is he supposed to avoid going for the ball because some ugly gollum cunt is lying infront of it? i mean if it was brad pitt i'd say wooooa steady on son, but it was dirk kuyt.

I fail to see where today liverpool were much better than us! We were both crap, they had the advantage of Gerrard corners which today were good and one piece of terrible defending, Neville was truely awful for that goal.They had the free kick that hit the bar, that again was Gerrard and was the result of probably another dive from captain fantastic.

That was by far one of the worse prem games of this season.....what went wrong?

I'm a huge fan of Moyes, but today, somehow, somewhere, he got it wrong.

No way did Arteta seem the right sub......yes we know it was dam unlucky to lose Fellaini and Arteta slotted into the role, but it just didn't work.

liverpool did park the bus second half, and we just couldn't figure how to get past it, we weren't good enough.

right this is a bit irritating for me...why is nev getting seemingly most of the blame for the goal...other than the fact that he was the wrong side (and thats arguable) how can he be more at fault than the keeper when its a ball right at him in the 6 yard box i mean where the fucks howard? he should have the time to pull i pants down and knock that out with his cock if he'seven remotely in the game.

we were fucking awful and didn't deserve a thing. they had 1 man less than us...a defender...and yet we never looked like scoring if we played for a month....and for some reason became narrower when they put everyone behind the ball...whats that about davey? end of the day a 10 man team played a 10 man game, kept it tight and made the most of set pieces...a job well done...if we had of done that everyone would be singing our praises....simply not good enough, absolutely awful

I don't understand how some of you think Fellaini should have been sent off. Pienaar maybe, but he's the only one on the Everton side.

That Greek oaf should be banned for multiple games.. that "tackle" he made will always result in injury for the opposing player. I almost lost it when I saw it happen. Two feet forward, really ?? When he was walking off the field gesturing like it was him who was injured I almost boarded a plane to Liverpool so I could bitchslap him all the way back to Greece.

EDIT : after watching MOTD, Greek oaf did get hurt. Sending off was correct though. Fellaini could have gotten a yellow himself.

Also: Howard, wtf, I didn't notice during the match how much he is to blame for their goal.

Very frustrating game, disappointing how we played 11 versus 10. Moyes should have brought on another striker sooner IMO.

Edited by holystove

why should felli have been sent off? if you mean kicking kuyts face is he supposed to avoid going for the ball because some ugly gollum cunt is lying infront of it? i mean if it was brad pitt i'd say wooooa steady on son, but it was dirk kuyt.

No i meant for the incident with the greek!Felli has seen him coming and gone over the top

of the ball to do him as he went to do felli.If he was sent off i couldnt argue just my opinion.

I think Moyes really screwed up bringing on Yak and Vic. IMO two worst he could have chosen. I'd have loved to have seen Vaughny on for Saha, who tried but didn't have "it" today and Coleman on for Pip, who didn't offer anything going forward.

Baines my MOTM for some great defending and some generally good play on the wing. All in all a horrible match...I should have slept in.

I dont think he screwed up bringing them on, but I also dont disagree that Jv should have come on. I would have brought Vic to play solely down the right and stand up as many cross field balls as I could to him. Their strength was through the centre of the pitch so putting Vic there was stupid. You put him against the small man and he will dominate him, like he almost did right at the end. I would have also moved pienaar in the middle (so he got more space as the right of Liverpool shut him down completely) moved Donovan to the left and kept Cahill up top with Yak. Saha was anonymous because he was getting bullied by the Liverpool defence and Yakubu did more in those 10mins than Saha did all game.

Not a great performance, going 1 behind killed us as Liverpool sat back with 8 men behind the ball and were just not used to playing against that and struggle to break it down. Saying that our efforts were pretty weak, we didn't even get round the edge of their box most of the time and just seemed to be passing it back to the centre backs all the time.

I'd rather Vaughan on the bench ahead of Anichebe especially already having a similar holding strong striker in Yak on the bench already. His outburst over Gerrard's foul was pathetic and child like. Gerrard clearly didn't do it deliberately as he was going in for the ball as piennar was (diving) falling to ground and just caught him badly. His decission (or lack of) when he got through down the right side of the goal was poor also, a shot across goal or a chip towards back post would have been great but he just failed to do anything.

Does anyone know which game Piennar misses?> Chelsea or Man u?

Do you seriously believe that Gerrard didnt mean it?! The first person who kicked off was Heitinga as well, although he scarpered when the cards came out! I also think you are being harsh on Vic. He managed to turn his defender (the only person except Donovan to do this for us all game) and had been properly match fit Im sure he would have drilled that ball across the keeper. He just took an extra touch, which he shouldnt have, but if anyone should be getting stick for this performance it certainly shouldnt be him.

I wouldnt say they were any better than us but they had 10 men! If we only compare equally to 10men then we have a problem, and we did today...

While I dont agree completely with the way Moyes set the team up in the second half I wish people would open their eyes and realise that we are actually playing 4-4-2 for the majority of the game. When we have the ball 9/10 Cahill is right up there with Saha, in fact most times Saha is deeper. The people saying we should have brought Yakubu on for Felli would therefore want Cahill to play in the centre of midfield where he is very poor.

def don't think that was a sendin off for felli still

asfor the vic/gerrard thing...it was just a powerful challenge...he knew he'd hit pienaar but he went in whole hearted i dont blame him that much but i liek to see players stick up for each other so good on vic...vic would knock agger out too