IGNORED

Chelsea (home)

FairWooney

It wasn't a 12 man line up. Notice the / between Teta and Ossie (read: Arteta or Osman). Not both.

I'd prefer a fit Arteta over Osman anyday, but who knows how much fitness he's gained in the past 3/4

matches. I want to see both Yak and Saha on the pitch at the same time and see how they work with each other.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reasoning behind it, of course, being that Moyes won't want to throw Coleman in and will play someone with more experience. I'd still say that might be the team, with Heitinga and Neville swapped perhaps - in order to keep Heitinga at the back. As good as Coleman is (and I'd love for him to come in and have a stormer!), I don't think Moyes will be keen to put him in just yet.

Interestingly, Distin still played the last game against Liverpool while Senderos remained on the bench, despite having a decent game against Wigan, so it would seem that Distin is the preferred choice for Moyes.

If he plays Senderos and Distin together then we are fucked, I have no doubt in my mind about that. Senderos needs someone next to him who is going to shout at him and play well, Distin's shit and a fairy.

If Moyes follows his own words ("we play the youngsters here") then I see know reason why Coleman shouldn't be given a go. He's not going to learn sitting on the bench and we need a DM in midfield against Chelsea, so Neville's the only option because Rodwell hasn't had enough game time recently and Heitinga simply must stay at the back.

I hope Moyes makes the right choice, otherwise we're all in for a very rough night.

The beeb have got Yobo in the squad..

Everton (from): Howard, Neville, Heitinga, Distin, Baines, Senderos, Yobo, Cahill, Rodwell, Arteta, Osman, Bilyaletdinov, Coleman, Saha, Donovan, Yakubu, Anichebe, Vaughan, Duffy, Baxter, Nash.

Mind you they also claim...

"...Louis Saha has fired two goals in two matches against Chelsea and is looking for his 100th league strike in an Everton shirt." :mellow:

Must've missed eighty odd of those somehow :unsure: .

100th goal in England maybe?

Not hopeful but you never know with us we could quite easily shock everybody and beat them. I'd play Senderos up against Drogba in the air and Jonny to deal with the knock downs and clean up. Id go for Shamus at full back with Neville in the middle and leave Osman out and play Bily on the left. Chelsea are not as strong down the right side so Bily could get at the russian fullback who is not the quickest.

I assume you mean Ivanovic, the Serb?

At any rate, we must play with a strong defensive midfielder, and whoever plays there needs to put in a very strong, but fair, challenge early to set the crowd off. This is something of Neville specialty, maybe shlack Ballack early?

I'd like to see a 4-4-2, because I think if we're to have a chance in this one we'll need to press and make them worry. There's no way we'll be able to dominate the midfield, so we'll need to have the targets up top to aim at.

----------howard---------

--coleman--heit--send-baines

---the don-neville--billy--

----------cahill---------

-------yak--louis-----

2-1, not sure to whom

I assume you mean Ivanovic, the Serb?

At any rate, we must play with a strong defensive midfielder, and whoever plays there needs to put in a very strong, but fair, challenge early to set the crowd off. This is something of Neville specialty, maybe shlack Ballack early?

I'd like to see a 4-4-2, because I think if we're to have a chance in this one we'll need to press and make them worry. There's no way we'll be able to dominate the midfield, so we'll need to have the targets up top to aim at.

----------howard---------

--coleman--heit--send-baines

---the don-neville--billy--

----------cahill---------

-------yak--louis-----

2-1, not sure to whom

though i like the optimism with the attacking mentality, i watched them play Arsenal and destroy them in 2 quick moves. We would be wide open to counter attacks. saying that, ive no idea how i would approach it otherwise. we cant sit back and defend because they will crack us, we cant try and out pass them because we're not good enough to do it and we cant attack for the reason above. which is why ive predicted we will get beat, becaue unless they cant be arsed theres no way to play against them at the moment. Im all for optimism, but realism in healthy chunks is vital....

though i like the optimism with the attacking mentality, i watched them play Arsenal and destroy them in 2 quick moves. We would be wide open to counter attacks. saying that, ive no idea how i would approach it otherwise. we cant sit back and defend because they will crack us, we cant try and out pass them because we're not good enough to do it and we cant attack for the reason above. which is why ive predicted we will get beat, becaue unless they cant be arsed theres no way to play against them at the moment. Im all for optimism, but realism in healthy chunks is vital....

Yeah, well I also watched them play Hull City and limp away with a draw. Hull played a 4-4-2 with strikers not dissimilar from our own (I highly rate Altidore, and long named dutchy does a job). Throughout the rest of the pitch I think we're much stronger than Hull and we'll need to have a go. Our defense is just not what it has been in recent years and we can't expect to sit deep and hit on the counter.

Yeah, well I also watched them play Hull City and limp away with a draw. Hull played a 4-4-2 with strikers not dissimilar from our own (I highly rate Altidore, and long named dutchy does a job). Throughout the rest of the pitch I think we're much stronger than Hull and we'll need to have a go. Our defense is just not what it has been in recent years and we can't expect to sit deep and hit on the counter.

This is true, but how often do Chelski have a dip like that? I hope youre right and that im wrong. Said in another thread that I would like to see Yak with Saha upfront, might rough them up and tire them out, but after watching the Arsenal game, they were just so casual. Cut out every threatening pass, Arsenal barely got a sniff.

That being said, we're apparently a hoofball team, might work to our advantage here!

This is true, but how often do Chelski have a dip like that? I hope youre right and that im wrong. Said in another thread that I would like to see Yak with Saha upfront, might rough them up and tire them out, but after watching the Arsenal game, they were just so casual. Cut out every threatening pass, Arsenal barely got a sniff.

That being said, we're apparently a hoofball team, might work to our advantage here!

Arsenal and Wenger have their head up their respective and collective asses. Anyone who's watched the league this year will tell you they needed a striker, and that could not have been made any clearer than it was against Chelsea. With a bunch of midgets running around you're never going to trouble that back line. However, as we ourselves proved at the bridge, Chelski struggles from set pieces against strength and power. Admittedly we're missing out top aerial threat, but I still think we need to have the ability to occupy and threaten from these situations and I just don't see it happening in a 4-5-1. With our available players a 5 man midfield is just too lightweight.

I don't have any real expectation that Moyes will play 4-4-2, but I think this game really calls out for it.

Arsenal and Wenger have their head up their respective and collective asses. Anyone who's watched the league this year will tell you they needed a striker, and that could not have been made any clearer than it was against Chelsea. With a bunch of midgets running around you're never going to trouble that back line. However, as we ourselves proved at the bridge, Chelski struggles from set pieces against strength and power. Admittedly we're missing out top aerial threat, but I still think we need to have the ability to occupy and threaten from these situations and I just don't see it happening in a 4-5-1. With our available players a 5 man midfield is just too lightweight.

I don't have any real expectation that Moyes will play 4-4-2, but I think this game really calls out for it.

Well said blue! When we went 4-4-2 at the bridge they didnt like it at all. If we try & strangle them in midfield they will piss all over us! King Louis & the Yak upfront please Mr Moyes!?