IGNORED

Sporting Lisbon

MikeO

Watched most of the first leg again last night. Only real threats from them were Izmailova, Veloso and that mad man of a Keeper. If we come out guns blazing though I don't think they'll be able to contain us. 1-0 up early and it should become easy. I see a 3-1 finish.

-----------Howard------------

Neville--Yobo--Senderos--Baines (I think Neville will offer enough leadership and organization to sort out any lapses)

The Don--Arteta--Osman--Pienaar

-----------Billy (or Saha)-----

------------Saha (or Yak)------

I think if we play a five man midfield it will be The Don, Pienaar and Billy swapping back and forth across the pitch. If Moyes wants to throw Yak on, which might be a peach of a plan given their under strength defense, then I think Saha sits just behind him. Think there might be a real shout to have Yak bully his way about their back line. With the form of Osman, Pienaar and Donovan I think we can cover the midfield with 4 (assuming of course that Pienaar isn't in trouble).

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched most of the first leg again last night. Only real threats from them were Izmailova, Veloso and that mad man of a Keeper. If we come out guns blazing though I don't think they'll be able to contain us. 1-0 up early and it should become easy. I see a 3-1 finish.

-----------Howard------------

Neville--Yobo--Senderos--Baines (I think Neville will offer enough leadership and organization to sort out any lapses)

The Don--Arteta--Osman--Pienaar

-----------Billy (or Saha)-----

------------Saha (or Yak)------

I think if we play a five man midfield it will be The Don, Pienaar and Billy swapping back and forth across the pitch. If Moyes wants to throw Yak on, which might be a peach of a plan given their under strength defense, then I think Saha sits just behind him. Think there might be a real shout to have Yak bully his way about their back line. With the form of Osman, Pienaar and Donovan I think we can cover the midfield with 4 (assuming of course that Pienaar isn't in trouble).

I'm pretty sure Izmailov has moved back to Lokomotiv Moscow (Russian transfer window is open!). Commentator said something about it in the last match, saying it was his last game for the club. I might be wrong, but you are right in saying he was their most dangerous player.

Looking at the Daily Post pictures of the squad training, Jags has got the same colour bibs on as the rest of the "supposed" first team and senderos has another colour with the normal subs. He couldn't play could he.........

Ha Ha, I honestly think he will. After seeing the comments made by Neville on the OS, and indeed what Moyes has been saying today, I think he will AT LEAST get 25-20 mins in the second half, or who knows? Maybe even a spot on the starting line up with the view to being subbed later. Neville said he's been training "with us", which surely means first team contact training, for 3-4 weeks. Compare that to Arteta, who had only a few days training and it looks more and more likely that we'll see the almighty Jags back! However, I think when we get back into the Premier League matches he'll be used more sparingly until some form of match fitness is regained, and to be honest I'd hope that was the case. the last thing we need now is a cause for concern in ANY position with the run we're on. and before anyone says it, I know Distin is ALWAYS a cause for concern!!

If either of them is not 100& fit i would play Duffy.

After all its only another game, and if Jags starts and gets put out for another six months i will lose all respect for Moyes.

Much rather Senderos or Duffy started, we need Jags for our league run-in.

With you on that Bill!

I'm a bit nervous about this one. I think it'll be important to score first. If we score first, they're gonna be chasing it, and they'll be more nervous, however, if they score first then it's us that's gonna be nervous.

{I've got a sneaky feeling they're gonna score in the opening minutes, we're gonna be nervous the whole game, get one back in the second half, before they equalise in injury time and I end up chewing my friggin fingers off to penalties!}

I'm just hoping that the team really go at them from the off. If we can hassle them, play quick premiership style football, then we could get that goal early on and give us that bit of a cushion. I am worried though, cos they did open us up once or twice and I think at home they'll be more likely to do that again.

As for Jags, apparently he's been training with the team for about 3 weeks, so if he does start he'd have had more training time than Arteta had had before he came into the team, so I don't think there would be a great problem, don't think he'd make 90 minutes though. However, on the other hand, this is quite an big game in which to risk and throw him into. Hmm, decisions, decisions!

We should have won comfortably at Goodison even though Pienaar and Donovan both had relatively poor games (Landon in particular was anonymous). Our resident Sporting fan has said their full-backs are poor so I think if the wide players tonight have any sort of a game we should have far too much for them.

Like an early goal and a stress-free evening personally but that's just not the Everton Way is it? Maybe tonight it will be. I'm sticking with a 2-1 win.

Tell you what, if the lads need any more motivation ahead of the game they should have a look at the fixture list and who we could be playing if we stick in this competition - Atletico or Galatasary to come next, two great European names, and then the potential to meet Juve, Ajax, PSV, Hamburg, Roma, Valencia, Werder, Benfica again (revenge!) and even the shite on the way to the final - the Europa is looking a real competition, if this is the kind of quality we can expect in the latter stages most years I can see it catching up on the Champions League in terms of interest and hype pretty soon, and there'd be a hell of a lot of prestige about being the first side to win it, especially if we can knock out some of them names on route :)

with the shortage in defence on our part and there apparent crap back line it could be a goal fest. If we get our away goal, we should cruise, but we have to get it early on because otherwise we will get frustrated knowing that they only need 1 goal to knock us out and they will gain confidence that they can get it (1 goal at home even for a crap team is odds on). Should be simple but not holding my breath....

I'd rather play Senderos or Duffy and one of them make a mistake to put us out than to have Jags play and us go through but him do his knee in again.

agreed...duffy had a crackin game against athens was it? or whoever we played the kids against and i think next to the experience of yobo he would certainly benefit from the game...i wouldnt even take jags to be honest id play him in reserves for a few weeks we don't need him this season now with senderos about and johnny playing as he is...i just dont want him rushed and then out for months again :(

Im goin for a 1-0 win, Donovan goal via a louis saha header down.

I live in southport and my mate told me that he saw rodwell pull out of his drive at like 9 o clock

which i reckon is a pile of s*** because hes in portugal but yano just thought id throw it in the hat

But yeah 1-0 to us, they could have drawn the first leg if they didnt take matias fernandez and joao moutinho off, so im greatful they did!

come on you blue boys!

I live in southport and my mate told me that he saw rodwell pull out of his drive at like 9 o clock

which i reckon is a pile of s*** because hes in portugal but yano just thought id throw it in the hatBut yeah 1-0 to us, they could have drawn the first leg if they didnt take matias fernandez and joao moutinho off, so im greatful they did!

come on you blue boys!

Yeah I'm pretty sure there are photos from Lisbon that disprove that.

which i reckon is a pile of s*** because hes in portugal but yano just thought id throw it in the hat

But yeah 1-0 to us, they could have drawn the first leg if they didnt take matias fernandez and joao moutinho off, so im greatful they did!

come on you blue boys!

Question is then ... who was driving Rodwell's car away? :huh:

your channel five aint working go to myp2p.eu to watch it streaming, or maybe its gona be the old radio??? i can see Arteta getting on the score sheet here and saha to get one cos of the france call up. Bains will have a good game, england call up almost certain now but needs to show he should be the first choice LB! Come on the blue boys, should i book the flights now to the final ? :D

p.s got a little flutter on everton to win, much needed weekend funs so come on!