IGNORED

Hull City

chicagoblue

Well it's time to put the last two results behind us, focus on the 2nd half performance at Spurs and get back to winning ways. I think we have every chance of taking 12 points from March and we need to start it with a full 90 minute performance against Hull.

I'm hopeful that maybe Moyes saw a few things to build on from Spurs. What I think we'll see:

------------Howard------------

-Neville-Jags--Distin--Baines-

-----------Heitinga------------

Donovan-----Arteta----Pienaar--

----------Osman/Rodders---------

--------------Yak--------------

Subs: Coleman, Goose, Vic

Figure we might as well try to get as much out of Donovan as we can before we send him back, and Vic looked truly shattered when he came off. Though I would like to see us play 2 up front, I just don't see it happening.

Altidore and Venegoor have formed a bit of a decent partnership, but if Heitinga gets straight at them I don't think we'll have a problem.

I also reckon the clean sheet might be as important as the goals in terms of us turning in a performance to build on, we simply haven't had enough of them this season.

3-0 blues. 2 to Yak, 1 for Ossie

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldnt disagree with that... Although I would have more than 3 subs! :P

I think it depends on whether Moyes wants to start Jags. If he doesnt we may see Neville move into midfield and Coleman start or the infamously bad Yobo/Distin partnership with Heitinga playing in midfield.

After his good show against Spurs I imagine Yak may well start, especially if Saha has a knock.

Im going for a 3-0 as well with Yak, Rodwell and the Goose.

why is everyone all of a sudden putting Rodwell in the second striker role?

cos he got into the box a couple of times i guess...he got freed up a bit more with heitinga in midfield but id rather have bily or osman there meself rather than on the wing! its possible it is something he can work on in training cos he looked good at getting into the box and scored against united but no point thrusting him into that role!

Hull have had a a whole week off to prepare for this game whilst we looked very tired in Lisboa and out of energy 1st half against Spurs.

I think the tough February fixtures are starting to take a toll on a small squad hit with injuries to key players.

Hull are fighting for survival and like most of us on here we all know what a team has to do to avoid the drop.

Could we be in line for another defeat to Hull?

Hull have had a a whole week off to prepare for this game whilst we looked very tired in Lisboa and out of energy 1st half against Spurs.

I think the tough February fixtures are starting to take a toll on a small squad hit with injuries to key players.

Hull are fighting for survival and like most of us on here we all know what a team has to do to avoid the drop.

Could we be in line for another defeat to Hull?

Probably should have gone here:

http://www.toffeetalk.com/index.php?showtopic=20318&pid=202953&st=0entry202953

Not only rodwell though... people have jagielka back in the starting line up. I may be wrong come match day but moyes only said 2 days ago, jagielka doesnt have 90 mins in him yet, so realistically i cant see him starting, but you would expect us to be a goal or 2 up come the 65 70 min mark so he could throw him on then?

I think donovan will try his best seeing as its his last game at goodison, and we will run out 3-0 winners, will take a while for us to break them down, once done, the flood gates will open.

Donovan, Gosling, Yak - Im rubbish at predicting goal scorers :) x

why is everyone all of a sudden putting Rodwell in the second striker role?

Because he showed an outstanding ability to be in the right place and to play the right ball when he was in the box. He's got the physical attributes to play pretty much anywhere through the middle of the pitch, and if we find that we have a goal scoring box to box midfielder then I can't imagine why we wouldn't exploit that.

Also, I think against a team like Hull and missing Cahill and Felli is the perfect time to try something like this.

Edited by chicagoblue

I wouldnt say Rodwell should be playing off the shoulder like Cahill does. IMO Rodwell is a box to box midfielder (a bit like Fletcher) who does his fair share of defending but also has the license to get in the opposition box like he did when he came on against United and also against Spurs.

I also wouldnt put Jags in the starting 11. Leave Heitinga at CB for now and move Neville forward allowing Coleman to play. Dont forget we saw our best form last season when Arteta and Neville were playing together in midfield. Yes Neville has dificiencies but I wouldnt want to risk disrupting the CB partnership or risking Jags' fitness.

Does anyone know yet as to whether Cahill will be fit for the game?

Artetas's second half display against Spurs was good, weeks rest and a sunny Goodison park and It's his chance to shine.

Can't see Hull just rolling over, and I'd be happy with a 1-0.

Donovans chance to leave the prem/Everton with something to remember him by, and he'll be pissed off by that miss last week at Spurs, so a big game from him is probably on the way.

Mr Moyes......Inspire, bully, bribe....do what you want, but get the lads up for this.The way we played 2nd half at Spurs should just about see off Hull.

There will be 35,000 groans from all around you to tell you if it's not working.

The OS is playing up....can only see the headline, "Jags back in Starting XI"

Edit...got it now...

Howard, Neville, Heitinga, Baines, Jagielka, Distin, Arteta, Osman, Pienaar, Anichebe, Yakubu.

Subs: Nash, Hibbert, Yobo, Bilyaletdinov, Donovan, Gosling, Rodwell.

Good options on the bench....though hopefully we won't need them.

There we are trying to keep Donovan and he's not even in starting 11 today!!! instead we play Anichebe with Heitinga in midfield.

Everton: Howard, Neville, Heitinga, Baines, Jagielka, Distin, Arteta, Osman, Pienaar, Anichebe, Yakubu.

Subs: Nash, Hibbert, Yobo, Bilyaletdinov, Donovan, Gosling, Rodwell.

Cahill not yet back from injury

Jags makes his first start

No Coleman on the bench! I don't agree with that line up at all! knew he would stick with dustbin an put Jonny in midfield lets hope he's got it right. I woulda rather had Nev in midfield with Johnny & Jags cb an Coleman given ago against a poor hull side.

I was sitting in a smokey bar in Abu Dhabi for the previous Hull game. the only Everton shirt(that day glow yellow effort) in a sea of expat red shizzel, almost had a stand up argument with the door geezer to get him to put the right channel on... needless to say it was an uncomfortable night.

I miss that place! Rock on 'Heroes Bar', Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi hehe.

!!!COYB!!!

Edited by thompson013