IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Thats an amazing deal if true and leaves space for another major signing. Im happy with Barry, Besic, Lukaku and Henen but imagine if a top winger is on his way too.

Im seriously getting drunk and lairy tonight if this happens.

Edit* well drunk anyway. Not a lairy person really

Now you've edited, not as funny. Want my like back :P

I'll be 100% behind the lad, regardless of my opinion on him he is a marquee signing and is a good bit of exposure for the club.

Still got a bit to go before I'm sure he will be the player many think he is.

Money in the game is mental.

Welcome home pal! Got your eggs ready for the presentation :P

The Jet he was on touched down a short while ago and he's been whisked off (presumably to finch farm)

"We believe the jet Romelu Lukaku was travelling on has LANDEDat Liverpool John Lennon Airport... and he's being whisked right away (no queuing through passport control like the rest of us)." - David Triggs (LIverpool Echo)

Again hands up, if this happens and the reports on price/pay structure are true you have to hand it to the board they've pulled a proper rabbit out the hat. If this is just the Hennen deal I'm going to implode and I mean that. 7 o clock can't coe quick enough !!!

If they have mate, we all need to just stand up and say fair play to them. They took their time with the deal, the lad only came back from his holidays today. So we've only lost one day of him training with the team. I dont often say this, but well done Bill, if its all true.

exactly. we are splashing the cash (for everton standards at least) and paying decent wages, and look to still make a couple signings.

for all the naysayers, we did have a kitty, and we are using it :)

made up

Negotiating a great deal means we're not splashing the cash! And means we SHOULD be able to keep active in this window.

And the reason there were naysayers was because we've heard that shit plenty of times before, got our hopes up, and then been let down. Being a relatively new Everton fan you haven't had to go through that so it's no wonder you're a little bit more trusting.

I can imagine it now... Blue Bill and Roberto on stage. The amassed press waiting eagerly.

Ladies and Gentleman... Please welcome the newest everton player.... *Bill barely holds back the tears*

....David Henan.

oh and well also bought some Belgian bloke... any questions?