IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Current PL strikers against 'Top 6' opposition. Goals. That's it. No other factors included. (I have included FA Cup and League Cup).

Kane

Man City 2

Arsenal 2

Liverpool 1

Chelsea 1

Vardy

Arsenal 2

Chelsea 1

Liverpool 2

Lukaku

Liverpool 1

Man City 1

Chelsea 2

Long

Man City 2

Arsenal 2

Chelsea 1

Naismith

Chelsea 3

Liverpool 1

Giroud

Man City 2

Liverpool 2

Costa

Arsenal 1

Rooney

For stats purposes it would help if we had an apples vs apples comparison. Including cups flaws the stats, some players get rested, some teams play games against top 6 and others don't. Example Leicester went out first game and Vardy was on bench with all key players. Whereas we went through to two semis = more games.

So take away Roms 2 against chelsea and 1 goal v man city in the Cups... it doesn't look great.

Basically he scored against Liverpool (arguably one of his best games)

Edited by Hafnia

Current PL strikers against 'Top 6' opposition. Goals. That's it. No other factors included. (I have included FA Cup and League Cup).

Kane

Man City – 2

Arsenal – 2

Liverpool – 1

Chelsea – 1

Vardy

Arsenal – 2

Chelsea – 1

Liverpool – 2

Lukaku

Liverpool – 1

Man City – 1

Chelsea – 2

Long

Man City – 2

Arsenal – 2

Chelsea – 1

Naismith

Chelsea – 3

Liverpool – 1

Giroud

Man City – 2

Liverpool – 2

Costa

Arsenal – 1

Rooney

I'm confuz0red now, are you going off a different season?

Top 6 sides are in the top 6.

Dixie Dean does NOT like this.

Nope he didn't like playing at a time where defenders could boot you in the bollocks and practically assault you.

He did love scoring against Liverpool and bowing in front of the kop though.... he liked scoring 3 goals against arsenal to reach 60 goals.

Dixie Dean.... Romelu lukaku..... I'm a bit confused here. It's kinda like saying Alan Ball then Li Tie.

Kane

Man City 2

Arsenal 2

Liverpool 1

Chelsea 1

Vardy

Arsenal 2

Chelsea 1

Liverpool 2

Lukaku

Liverpool 1

Man City 1

Chelsea 2

Long

Man City 2

Arsenal 2

Chelsea 1

Naismith

Chelsea 3

Liverpool 1

Giroud

Man City 2

Liverpool 2

Costa

Arsenal 1

Rooney

Liverpool finished 8th

Amazing use of stats... Let's just make enough restrictions that I can be right.

Lukaku is one of only a few to bag a hatrick against United. Doesn't matter because he's from a shit league in Belgium and he never scored for the last 8 games for us. Yes, we were utter dogshit, but Lukaku not scoring is because he's lazy ect not because I'm too much of a girl pants to hold my hand up. Oh yea he's being a right bellend atm to push a move as well. How dare he want a move to a title challenging team from one that's finished in the bottom half 2 seasons running. Fucking unbelievable.

Amazing use of stats... Let's just make enough restrictions that I can be right.

Lukaku is one of only a few to bag a hatrick against United. Doesn't matter because he's from a shit league in Belgium and he never scored for the last 8 games for us. Yes, we were utter dogshit, but Lukaku not scoring is because he's lazy ect not because I'm too much of a girl pants to hold my hand up. Oh yea he's being a right bellend atm to push a move as well. How dare he want a move to a title challenging team from one that's finished in the bottom half 2 seasons running. Fucking unbelievable.

No ones saying he can't have a move or blaming him Pere, it's the way he's going about it.

It was 10 games.... not 8.

Just had a chuckle imagining your posts if Harry Kane drew all those blanks and missed 4 sitters in the semi final including a penalty and demanded a move away....

Knowing our track record with buying fowards you won't have to wait long!!!!

I am fully optimistic that we can replace and improve on him.

I'd loved to have seen the 07 08 Yakubu in our recent team. Then again he was another one who's season ended in January.

I am fully optimistic that we can replace and improve on him.

I'd loved to have seen the 07 08 Yakubu in our recent team. Then again he was another one who's season ended in January.

he was the laziest striker I've ever seen! :lol:

I don't get why you are so optimistic we can improve on him. We've all watched some dreadful, but hard working, strikers for years. Moaning that we need a goal scorer, moaning about forwards running the channels, strikers who score 20 plus goals haven't come along so often for us. There are only around three or four in the league who managed it and they all finished the season in the top four with their teams.

I'm sure we will get a decent forward in, but I'm not so sure they will score and assist as many as Rom in the last couple of years.

I'm sure we will get a decent forward in, but I'm not so sure they will score and assist as many as Rom in the last couple of years.

True but a lot of Roms goals this season were served on a plate by Deulofeu - I counted approx. 9 assists for Rom. He was a big difference and some truly awe inspiring deliveries into the box. Rom & others would do well to remember that and acknowledge that boy & deserve special praise. It was a shame Martinez was quick to criticise Baines comments about the focus being on individuals rather than teamplay and protect Roms blatant touting. Clearly resonating through the squad afterwards

I don't get why you are so optimistic we can improve on him. We've all watched some dreadful, but hard working, strikers for years. Moaning that we need a goal scorer, moaning about forwards running the channels, strikers who score 20 plus goals haven't come along so often for us. There are only around three or four in the league who managed it and they all finished the season in the top four with their teams.

I think it's when you look at who he scores against its glaringly obvious that against proper centre halves he struggles. Sometimes not so good centre halves have him in their pocket.

Watch how he is marked now versus when he first played.... defenders stood off him and he loved that as it meant he could get a March on them. When defenders get tight to him he hates it and they have cottoned on to it. He lacks the touch under pressure to take the ball and roll them.

I always thought he may get to make his size count but he can't. Small defenders like blind dealt with him easily.

There are plenty of strikers who do a solid job for the team and score goals. The lack of a job he does plus those few extra goals don't make him worth the money or a place in a team that needs a striker to be able to hold it up.

True but a lot of Roms goals this season were served on a plate by Deulofeu - I counted approx. 9 assists for Rom. He was a big difference and some truly awe inspiring deliveries into the box. Rom & others would do well to remember that and acknowledge that boy & deserve special praise. It was a shame Martinez was quick to criticise Baines comments about the focus being on individuals rather than teamplay and protect Roms blatant touting. Clearly resonating through the squad afterwards

Let's not forget the number of his balls that went unconverted. Recall one game shearer was flabbergasted... deulofeu went nuts at Rom and Rom unbelievably pointed at his feet whilst he was stood on the edge of the area as if to say "Why are you crossing it across the 6 yard box? I'm stood 18 yards back here"

Nope he didn't like playing at a time where defenders could boot you in the bollocks and practically assault you.

He did love scoring against Liverpool and bowing in front of the kop though.... he liked scoring 3 goals against arsenal to reach 60 goals.

Dixie Dean.... Romelu lukaku..... I'm a bit confused here. It's kinda like saying Alan Ball then Li Tie.

Arsenal finished tenth that season so those don't count.

Arsenal finished tenth that season so those don't count.

I'm waiting for Roger Lukaku to use Dixie Dean as a comparison to be honest.

"There are few strikers that compare to romelu at Everton... maybe Dixie Dean comes close but I think Rom has a better left foot"

the sad thing is that regarless of who we sign to replace lukaku, Haf will be fighting tooth and nail to prove he's better than lukaku regardless of goals scored. i'm excited for the comical stats (km ran per match, etc) to appear.

Predictably cringey MJB... he observes a few boys surrounding Haf and gets his little digs in, they may even get a "spot on" as he further attempts to win favour.

I think it's when you look at who he scores against its glaringly obvious that against proper centre halves he struggles. Sometimes not so good centre halves have him in their pocket.

Watch how he is marked now versus when he first played.... defenders stood off him and he loved that as it meant he could get a March on them. When defenders get tight to him he hates it and they have cottoned on to it. He lacks the touch under pressure to take the ball and roll them.

I always thought he may get to make his size count but he can't. Small defenders like blind dealt with him easily.

There are plenty of strikers who do a solid job for the team and score goals. The lack of a job he does plus those few extra goals don't make him worth the money or a place in a team that needs a striker to be able to hold it up.

i'll ask again then, I don't get why you are so optimistic we can improve on him?

All the other stuff in your reply I've read a million times over, what I'm asking is how you are so optimistic we can improve on him when for so long (about 20 years) we couldn't get a striker who could score on a regular basis. You say there are plenty of strikers who do a solid job for the team and score goals, but in the premier league who are they? Kane, Vardy, Aguero, who else?

I'm not asking your opinion on Rom working hard, or any of the other bits about his game, I'm asking how can we replace him so easily when it was so hard in the past.

The sad thing is people are still making excuses for this treacherous kent while he is openly denigrating the club.

Excuses? Like Matt says, no one is making excuses, just pointing out the facts.

People are being very quick to dismiss his exploits because of his recent outspoken comments (which, as I've already stated in this thread, make him a complete bellend), it doesn't change what he has done for Everton football club.

Edit: And for the record, no one is defending him (when that one gets thrown about), he's been a complete jockey, the sooner he's gone the better. Just don't be so blinded.

Edited by Lowensda

whos making excuses? All people are saying is don't dismiss the counter arguments because they don't suit the "against" crowd

Seems like theres plenty who would keep him given the chance despite how disruptive he's been, theres not a person on here who thinks he's shit but to make the argument he's not as good as he and certain media/pundits,think he is, is just as valid as any other argument despite it mostly being met with claims of heresy.