IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Seems like theres plenty who would keep him given the chance despite how disruptive he's been, theres not a person on here who thinks he's shit but to make the argument he's not as good as he and certain media/pundits think he is, is just as valid as any other argument despite it mostly being met with claims of heresy.

i'll ask again then, I don't get why you are so optimistic we can improve on him?

All the other stuff in your reply I've read a million times over, what I'm asking is how you are so optimistic we can improve on him when for so long (about 20 years) we couldn't get a striker who could score on a regular basis. You say there are plenty of strikers who do a solid job for the team and score goals, but in the premier league who are they? Kane, Vardy, Aguero, who else?

I'm not asking your opinion on Rom working hard, or any of the other bits about his game, I'm asking how can we replace him so easily when it was so hard in the past.

Why am I optimistic that we can improve on him?

Well ok.. one thing we hear is "he's the best we've had since lineker".

How many times have we spent more than £8m on a striker? In fact take our 3 previous record signing strikers up to when we bought lukaku add the total fees up and they still don't cost what this lad did.

That aside I would say it's a toss up between him and Yak as to who was better.

If we have the money to go out and spend £28m on a Lacazette or Jansenn, then I do not think we will miss lukaku in the slightest.

Seems like theres plenty who would keep him given the chance despite how disruptive he's been, theres not a person on here who thinks he's shit but to make the argument he's not as good as he and certain media/pundits,think he is, is just as valid as any other argument despite it mostly being met with claims of heresy.

Black - Name them.

Red - Oh yes there is.

How many times have we spent more than £8m on a striker? In fact take our 3 previous record signing strikers up to when we bought lukaku add the total fees up and they still don't cost what this lad did.

If we have the money to go out and spend £28m on a Lacazette or Jansenn, then I do not think we will miss lukaku in the slightest.

Ok, now you're delibrately trying to wind us up :rofl:

Ok, now you're delibrately trying to wind us up :rofl:

I'm not at all. People have gotten so fookin delirious over "the beast" that they have actually lost sight of his actual qualities versus lesser heralded players.

He's just not that good Matt, time will prove this.

Him and Yak were both lazy, but I'm fine with a striker being lazy if they bang the goals in but we already know we have a difference of opinion on that,

But its more than just being able to afford them, you then need to convince them to come to us. And then if they do why be so sure that they can bring that form to the Premier League and bring us 30 goals (with assists) per season. I'm optimistic about the future under Moshiri, but I'm not so convinced its easy to go out and buy these players and get this many goals. Look at Arsenal, Giroud doesn't score that many, but they make up with it with their other attacking players. So do we end up with a striker getting 15 goals and the others chipping in? Our current crop don't do that, so we would then be buying goal scoring midfielders, which I'm happy with, but then if we want players of the highest standard can we attract them too? I just don't think its as simple as sell Lukaku and go and buy Lacazette and its job done.

Black - Name them.

Red - Oh yes there is.

How come I have to name them and you don't?

Come on, he's the fourth most productive striker in the league, there is no argument he is shit we're really just arguing whether he's the right player for the club.

It isn't a Yak vs Lukaku debate - but in all honesty I would take a fully fit Yak that Moyes bought over Lukaku - absolutely no question.

Lets be honest this is a try before you buy... lets say you had £100k to buy a car, you went and had a Ferrari to test for a week, some days it felt great, others it felt pretty average and the dealer said "you need to put 10,000 miles on it till you get that great perfromance all the time", are you telling me you aren't going to have big doubts???

£20m isn't the sort of money you dump on a forward with a bad first touch in the hope that he gets better, £10m-£12m yeah and then you got to hope he does get some consistency because when he is off his game he is a sub waiting to happen.

I wasn't on the wind up...

I'm not at all. People have gotten so fookin delirious over "the beast" that they have actually lost sight of his actual qualities versus lesser heralded players.

He's just not that good Matt, time will prove this.

I think you've mentioned "the beast" more times than everyone else put together.

For now he's a very good goalscorer, which is his job. He is going to be even better as he develops, that's what time will prove.

Incidently, whilst looking for our old debates over Yakubu (where we had the complete opposite opinions as to Rom; I wanted him to work more as a striker, you were happy with him just being a finisher), I found this:

Yak will score goals if you get the ball to him in and around the 18 yard box, he is a finisher. He is not suited to the style that we play, look at how often you find Saha coming deep to get the ball - it's irritating but it's clear he finds in necessary to do. I would sooner have Yak than Owen put it that way.

I admit it's a while ago and opinions can change, but it is funny how you accepted a striker as a just a goal scorer but now don't, and how a striker dropping back to get the ball was "irritating"....

Also funny how Yaks goals dried up when he was asked to work more and be more of a "complete striker". Remind you of anyone?

Edited by Matt

How come I have to name them and you don't?

Come on, he's the fourth most productive striker in the league, there is no argument he is shit we're really just arguing whether he's the right player for the club.

Really?

You quite clearly said, "Seems like theres plenty who would keep him given the chance despite how disruptive he's been". I don't actually know of anyone who would.

I can't name a single person who would keep him, so I asked you to name the people that would.

Bold - Chach, not sure what thread you've been reading mate, but that's definitely not the argument you jumped into. I'm pretty sure the argument was about his goal scoring record and how that was "misleading" due to the fact he didn't score many against the top 6 sides. Which you have also changed the goalposts for, by suggesting only the top 6 from the last season?

Edited by Lowensda

Really?

You quite clearly said, "Seems like theres plenty who would keep him given the chance despite how disruptive he's been". I don't actually know of anyone who would.

I can't name a single person who would keep him, so I asked you to name the people that would.

Bold - Chach, not sure what thread you've been reading mate, but that's definitely not the argument you jumped into. I'm pretty sure the argument was about his goal scoring record and how that was "misleading" due to the fact he didn't score many against the top 6 sides. Which you have also changed the goalposts for, by suggesting only the top 6 from the last season?

I was saying give him until January but that was before all the latest talk.

Only three of those teams are in the top 6, which was the question I asked you, so thats 4 goals against top sides.

The rest of those teams leaked as many goals as we did or much worse.

Not even top 6 sides, if you think you are a world class UCL striker like Rom does then you need to be prolific against top 3 sides.

I'm confuz0red now, are you going off a different season?

Top 6 sides are in the top 6.

I was saying give him until January but that was before all the latest talk.

Thank you for the honesty Matt, but Chach was referring to after the out spoken comments - "Seems like theres plenty who would keep him given the chance despite how disruptive he's been"

So minus yourself on the 1 count, equals zero.

Predictably cringey MJB... he observes a few boys surrounding Haf and gets his little digs in, they may even get a "spot on" as he further attempts to win favour.

yes haf i'm here to win friends that don't live near me and i won't ever see them in real life, but those internet people, i must please them and win favor. give me a break. i like rom as a player, he's great. i am able to separate the man from the player, i don't care what he says, i just care how he plays. that's it.

to be honest i agree with a lot of what you say, you have great things to say most of the time, we just don't see eye to eye on Rom.

yes haf i'm here to win friends that don't live near me and i won't ever see them in real life, but those internet people, i must please them and win favor. give me a break. i like rom as a player, he's great. i am able to separate the man from the player, i don't care what he says, i just care how he plays. that's it.

to be honest i agree with a lot of what you say, you have great things to say most of the time, we just don't see eye to eye on Rom.

You mean all the times you told me you love me via PM were just lies?

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/03/10/romelu-lukakus-record-against-top-teams-stops-him-being-world-cl/

I think this article clearly demonstrates that he's somewhat of a flat track bully. The fact that he failed to score in the league after the date of this article is even more damming....

Can we just get rid of this dick head. How dare he devalue our club to the media... the fact that people are still supporting him saying "ooh let's see how another manager uses him etc etc" makes me sick.

He doesn't want to play for Everton. He sees us below him.

To be honest I agree that he needs to go now, even though I think it will be very difficult to replace him

But the point was he has scored against the top 6 last season