IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Should be closed permanently, the thread is making a mock of the forum .. for the thinking Evertonian ? I don't think so.

Could always open another Lukaku thread and warn the posters to show a bit of decorum.

It's one of the biggest threads on the forum and 99% of it is decent and reasoned debate even if people disagree so no need to shut it down. If people get daft and start abusing and name-calling again considered action would be taken, but there's no reason to believe that'd be less likely to happen in a new thread than this one imo.

Abusing and name calling !! it's a bit more than that Mike, and what do you consider is "considered action". It's been temporarily closed twice in recent weeks, the first time should have the warning, the second it time should never have been opened again.

Will you close it again for another cooling off period if it returns to like, and if so how many times will you go on doing it.

Edited by Bill

Abusing and name calling !! it's a bit more than that Mike, and what do you consider is "considered action". It's been temporarily closed twice in recent weeks, the first time should have the warning, the second it time should never have been opened again.

Will you close it again for another cooling off period if it returns to like, and if so how many times will you go on doing it.

But there'll always be discussion on him Bill wherever it might be, a different thread will have the same potential problems this one has had.

Debating is fine bill. I can debate - i will make my options with reasons without getting drawn into needless bollocks such as name calling.

Unfortunately in the case of blue250 - his need to troll "billy" and such the like is beyond fucking dull.

I'd had him on ignore for however long and even requested people to not quote him in order for me not to see his shite. Even on this latest post that it appears came through when I thought he was on ignore - he can't help himself.

The right to an opinion is unquestioned - the right to use a forum to troll a poster is another matter.

You cause most of it Haf, 1600 posts about Lukaku is being on the verge of obsessive. People are getting bored with it Haf, which is why the thread has degenerated into a load of rubbish.

Mike, Matt, instead of suspending the thread it should be the posters who get suspended, it's the only way to stop all the shit that's put on.

The forum should also be fun, if we went and banned Haf this forum would be 10,000 posts short. He isn't a trouble maker, he's a passionate Evertonian who has an opinion. Ok he gets into arguments over his opinion, but that's from his passion. I don't agree with his opinion on Lukaku, I respect him as a man and an Evertonian, this place would be a worse place without him.

He's not the only person who lets his emotions boil over, but that's not so bad is it?

It's a forum, it's not a boarding school.

The forum should also be fun, if we went and banned Haf this forum would be 10,000 posts short. He isn't a trouble maker, he's a passionate Evertonian who has an opinion. Ok he gets into arguments over his opinion, but that's from his passion. I don't agree with his opinion on Lukaku, I respect him as a man and an Evertonian, this place would be a worse place without him.

He's not the only person who lets his emotions boil over, but that's not so bad is it?

It's a forum, it's not a boarding school.

StevO it isn't just a difference of opinion on a subject it disintegrates into a personal slanging match and the subject becomes secondary, your right that banning isn't the way forward, they need to message each other arrange to meet in a car park and sort it out like men have for thousands of years.

StevO it isn't just a difference of opinion on a subject it disintegrates into a personal slanging match and the subject becomes secondary, your right that banning isn't the way forward, they need to message each other arrange to meet in a car park and sort it out like men have for thousands of years.

Car parks haven't been around for thousands of years. Not a chance. This whomever post is a lie. You liar.

OK, carry on as normal but don't keep closing the thread, it's a weak minded way of avoiding the real problem.

I'm done.

Entitled to your opinion Bill no worries, you can run your forum that way if that's how you feel; we'll carry on being weak minded though, no prob.

You cause most of it Haf, 1600 posts about Lukaku is being on the verge of obsessive. People are getting bored with it Haf, which is why the thread has degenerated into a load of rubbish.

Mike, Matt, instead of suspending the thread it should be the posters who get suspended, it's the only way to stop all the shit that's put on.

"Cause most of it"....

Does my views on lukaku cause the likes of Matt to turn into some sort of glenn close bunny boiler who follows my posts with real intensity in order to provoke a battle? Nope

The reason bill is that balanced individuals can accept them as posts from a rational person rather than take the opportunity to challenge "who I am" - "whether what I say is true" and all that sort of shite.

Unfortunately like attending the match you can't account for the minority.

Now if you feel I should be banned or whatever for "name calling" - "bullying" - "offensive behavior" or just generally trolling... then you would be in your rights to make that shout. The fact is I don't do that shit. So what is it you are asking?

What you are asking is that my opinion on a player be pretty much censored.

You can ask the mods to turn this place into grand old team - where anyone who doesnt follow the general consensus is banned but I don't think that is the nature of this forum.

Here we go again ?

Anyway to get it back on track (for one or two posts) I'd like Lukaku to take the form of last week and back it up with another decent performance and another goal. No matter what the varying opinions are of him he is currently top goal scorer in the league, has 4 assist to his name and is our most prized asset. Fact

Accidentally neged you, I agree I'll ref Newty and Shukes can be cheerleaders