IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

a lot of people sayin joey barton should be sacked by qpr...completely agree the guy is a tool

and do QPR out of any future transfer fee, perfect sense.......

Just fine him for 3 months or however long hes banned for.

hasn't he tended to go on frees since it was shown how much of a cunt he is on the pitch

still people signing him and giving him stupid wages/signing on fees.

Liverpool = 10m

Notlob = undisclosed

Sunderland = 2.6m

Blackburn = 1m

Not massive fees but money spent nonetheless...

He was a right little cunt, but think he's matured and atoned. From the bad crowd of Huyton, had a friend from Huyton who played for Everton, could have easily made it but went the other way. Everton done their best for Barton and had to let him go, City should have made more of an effort but were probs too scared of losing him, their best player by far back then.

always amazes me why he's such a cunt off the pitch and such a lovely guy off it

some guy on the radio was sayin barton is one of the politest, intelligent and funny men you'd ever want to meet...

what about when hes on the pitch? :P

Thats all to do with th efact Chelsea won the Champions League on Penalties. I bet everything i own on it. He hates English teams...and the thought of the 5th best team in England winning the 'Champions League' has horrified him.

Im sure it is too, but theyre not the 1st team to win on pens, not even the 1st english team - pretty sure he had nothing to say when Utd beat Chelski several years ago.

Old fool....

I suppose he didn't have a choice when it got to the final. Two English teams, he knew an English team would win it. It probably couldn't give a shit if it was a massacre or on pens....this one though was slightly different. He has his fuck buddy Franz, who is a Bayern God...he would have wanted "attractive" football to provail. It didn't. he cries. Franz sucks his bell'. Happy-fat-twat-blatt.

I've always liked the idea of reducing the number of players on the pitch rather than pens.

Not sure specifically how to do it but maybe at the end of a drawn game each team takes two players off then they play another ten minutes. Still a draw take off another 1/2 players for 5/10 mins and so on. Would open up the game so that there'd inevitably be goals but still need tactical input from the coaches to decide who stays on.

Personally think that'd be better but I've never even seen it discussed as far as I can recall.

I've always liked the idea of reducing the number of players on the pitch rather than pens.

Not sure specifically how to do it but maybe at the end of a drawn game each team takes two players off then they play another ten minutes. Still a draw take off another 1/2 players for 5/10 mins and so on. Would open up the game so that there'd inevitably be goals but still need tactical input from the coaches to decide who stays on.

Personally think that'd be better but I've never even seen it discussed as far as I can recall.

ending up with 5 a side on a full size pitch after 120 mins of footy?! I know theyre fit mate but that'd be a push...

"Blatter referred to the "tragedy" of shoot-outs after Italy's win, although four years later he suggested having all draws in World Cup group games ending with penalties." Is Blatter a Liverpool fan?

Japan used to do that, after a draw the teams would have a penalty shootout, the shootout result would be an invisible weighting that would be used in sorting league order.

MLS had something where a player would dribble from the half way line and try to score past the keeper similar to ice hockey.

ending up with 5 a side on a full size pitch after 120 mins of footy?! I know theyre fit mate but that'd be a push...

The point is though that it'd be unlikely to go that far....and even if it did then it's the same for both teams. Also possibly start it at ninety minutes and do away with extra time.

Better than a "lottery" imo.

I don't mind or am indifferent when there are teams involved that I'm not interested in, and am impartial to who wins the day as way to penalty kicks after a drawn game, but when there is a team involved that you particularly dislike who come out on top it's damn annoying and the air turns blue, but when they miss out and the opposition has a win, there is some fun to be had, and I do feel so much better, if it's only short lived sometimes.

I was pleased they got rid of that silver goal rubbish some years back, even Golden Goal, I never liked that, i.e. if you're going to have extra time, just play out the 30 minutes in it's entireity and see who wins etc, but they change the fucking rules so often you never know what to expect from one year to the next. :- /

Japan used to do that, after a draw the teams would have a penalty shootout, the shootout result would be an invisible weighting that would be used in sorting league order.

MLS had something where a player would dribble from the half way line and try to score past the keeper similar to ice hockey.

Used to play American pens as a kid, but didnt realise they actually used it in proper football games. Was great for trying to lob the keeper, then yelling 'Totti' when it goes in.

What's with all the changing of Avatar pictures and all?

Mr Paulo, can we have your ass picture back, it's just not the same with anything else, just not you etc.

On that last link, I think they should maybe remain as they are, it seems the best way to settle drawn fixtures, we can't very well have a replay in Euro or World Cup Final tournaments, but I think that should remain in a European Cup Final, I think 1974 was the last time there was a replay for such a thing, I hate penalty deciders sometimes, as stated, when a team has a win I genuinely dislike, it can be real tough to digest sometimes. I'd be in favor actually, of instead of a drawn Euro Cup Final, or World Cup game, to just do it the old way and have a replay, let them have another go for 90 minutes in a few days time, I'd be more for that than damn penalties at the end of the game, every now and again a side wins through that despite playing shit for 120 minutes or being outplayed for most of the game, and they get a win, fully undeserved, and I don't think that's fair, so I'd be all for a replay again if they can manage it, but it'll never happen again now.

I love penalties.

I'm a bit late for the argument but I think they should never be replaced. They break hearts and create un-believable happieness when they are won, there's nothing quite like it in a football match and if you take them away then you take away a large chunk of the entertainment value in football. Whenever I'm a neutral watching a cup match I want it to go to penalties because of the entertainment value and I do being a football player because of the buzz it gives.

And whoever says its a lottery dosen't know how to defend against them... no offense to anyone.

...if you take them away then you take away a large chunk of the entertainment value in football.

So no-one should bother going to league games because a large chuck of the entertainment of a football match is missing?

Bollocks.

It's an occasional side-show.

And whoever says its a lottery dosen't know how to defend against them...

But we're not all ex-Everton academy goalkeepers are we (though you're not the first we've had on here strangely)?