IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

Feel sorry for Owen with all the trouble he's had. I'm so glad he didn't come here though, I think he's only played 90 minutes for Stoke this season, not to mention the amount of time he spent sat on the bench at Newcastle United.

anyone who takes that shitstorm on deserves the concequences. Especially him since he walked out on Blackpool.

Apparently went to Blackburn because Blackpool didnt provide him with job security because they only like to offer the manager a one year rolling contract... That worked out well for the soft shite.

Did this not occur to anyone before they gave Qatar the World Cup?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21847896

Should've been part of their presentation...

"We can't do it in the summer because players/spectators might die a bit....how's winter for you?"

Delegates who voted for them blinded by the zeros in their numbered bank accounts no doubt.

The only good thing about the World Cup being in Qatar is that it will have some nice, fancy stadiums. Apart from that it's just going to be a farce, the national team are about as skillful as out of date packet of peanuts and the fella's in charge are just as bad.

Good read....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-2296478/Tony-Bellew-says-Sylvain-Distin-Tony-Hibbert-make-fighter--it.html

‘My ultimate dream is to fight at Goodison Park; it’s never been done before,’ he said, ‘You can have 40,000 people there and stick a ring on the pitch and it would be a dream come true.

‘I’d rather fight at Goodison Park than in Las Vegas but I’ve got to become a world champion before that’s possible."

The Equatorial Guinea squad for the World Cup qualifiers contains only three people who are eligible to play for Equatorial Guinea.

There are ten Brazilians, three Colombians, two Ivorians, a Nigerian, a Liberian, and a Hispanic-Cape Verdean. rofl.gif

watchin some random German league 2 game (i think) and at halftime they were playing "3 lions on my shirt"!

huh.png

The Germans actually greatly enjoyed the Baddiel and Skinner song to be truthful, if it's any help. It's a song favorite over there believe it or not.

I don't think we can get German soccer, but do have Irish and Scottish League games.

saw a bit of Ross County versus Meadowbank I think it was a night or two ago, albeit about fourteen seconds - and then lost interest.

The Germans actually greatly enjoyed the Baddiel and Skinner song to be truthful, if it's any help. It's a song favorite over there believe it or not.

I don't think we can get German soccer, but do have Irish and Scottish League games.

saw a bit of Ross County versus Meadowbank I think it was a night or two ago, albeit about fourteen seconds - and then lost interest.

weird! wonder why that is!

Won't have been Meadowbank....they've not existed under that name for years; they're Livingston now (and not in the same league as Ross).

Probably it was County v Inverness....that was on recently.