IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

1 hour ago, Matt said:

A load of fucking nonsense.    They have millions behind them.  Got the makings of a top side.   It's ok for United who have owners who bleed the club but cos they sell a few shirts and can go and buy anyone.

Where was FFP when we were getting our best players poached? 

3 hours ago, Hafnia said:

A load of fucking nonsense.    They have millions behind them.  Got the makings of a top side.   It's ok for United who have owners who bleed the club but cos they sell a few shirts and can go and buy anyone.

Where was FFP when we were getting our best players poached? 

Fifa is corrupt, we were led to believe that the corruption had been kicked out the organisation when the 2 French idiots were exposed, obviously it hasn’t and we will receive the same or harsher treatment if we go on another spending spree this summer. 
As a supporter I would rather have a team where I enjoyed the football and pay the penalties for the overspending, than go through to many more seasons like the last couple, easy to say I know it’s not my money. 
But surely we would have a case to take them to court or some sort of tribunal, if we felt we had been treated differently than the big clubs, after all FFP rules were brought in to try and create an even playing field or so we were led to believe, for me it’s spend and take the establishment on. 

30 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Fifa is corrupt, we were led to believe that the corruption had been kicked out the organisation when the 2 French idiots were exposed, obviously it hasn’t and we will receive the same or harsher treatment if we go on another spending spree this summer. 
As a supporter I would rather have a team where I enjoyed the football and pay the penalties for the overspending, than go through to many more seasons like the last couple, easy to say I know it’s not my money. 
But surely we would have a case to take them to court or some sort of tribunal, if we felt we had been treated differently than the big clubs, after all FFP rules were brought in to try and create an even playing field or so we were led to believe, for me it’s spend and take the establishment on. 

I agree... let's out the fuckers.  City won their case, let's buy big and kick some arse. 

4 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Makes no sense with city getting off.  Goes to show it truly is rigged for the big clubs.

City had a similar ban in the past. Very different circumstances to the recent case.

38 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I agree... let's out the fuckers.  City won their case, let's buy big and kick some arse. 

Not exactly. They got away with it because of UEFA being shite at governing their own rules. Reading between the lines following the explanatory document it suggests that if UEFA hadn't messed up their own case against City then City would have been found guilty of breaking FFP rules and the punishment would have been upheld. 

As the Wolves case shows, its far from the end of FFP. 

3 minutes ago, Bailey said:

City had a similar ban in the past. Very different circumstances to the recent case.

Not exactly. They got away with it because of UEFA being shite at governing their own rules. Reading between the lines following the explanatory document it suggests that if UEFA hadn't messed up their own case against City then City would have been found guilty of breaking FFP rules and the punishment would have been upheld. 

As the Wolves case shows, its far from the end of FFP. 

Bailey stop being so sensible and be an anarchist for once it’s great fun, and it’s the only to get what you want. 

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

It’s UEFA. 

4 hours ago, Bailey said:

So Juve sack Sarri (despite winning the league) and then appoint Pirlo.

I think thats a bit of a turn up for the books.

I just saw the news, pirlo was in charge of the u23 for a month!  They are hoping for the Zidane effect I’m guessing.  I love pirlo so I hope he does well but I dunno, seems to be throwing him in at the deep end. Hope he can swim

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/aug/25/harry-maguire-left-to-ponder-a-life-turned-upside-down

Genuinely think it'd be a blessing in disguise if this ruins his England career tbh. I find it a source of embarrassment that someone like him is seen as England's best defender. He's poor, very poor, and England need to find better.

1 hour ago, Sibdane said:

Wow -- seems bizarre. 

Good on him. It’s not always easy to admit that your mental health is suffering especially if a major cause of that is your income. Very brave decision in my eyes, especially given my last couple of months. Just wish I had a few million to retire on already!

3 hours ago, Matt said:

Good on him. It’s not always easy to admit that your mental health is suffering especially if a major cause of that is your income. Very brave decision in my eyes, especially given my last couple of months. Just wish I had a few million to retire on already!

Very true....  no one knows what goes on in the mind of others. 

Some footballers get depression as a result of finishing football... something missing they can't replace. In others they need to escape it.... 

I had 7 weeks off after redundancy last year.... handing my laptop in and knowing that there was no paranoia about what was going on with bits of analysis I had done or whether the project  i was leading on was going ok...... it was bliss, did nothing but lazed around, doing school runs and recharged. 

I realised that I would love a job where at the end of the day I could switch off was key.... I then started the same type of job for more money and responsibility!  But I know that if my job ever got too much... I know I could find happiness by walking away. 

I'm sure schurrle won't be short of drug store psychologists telling him what he should think, feel and do. 

42 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Very true....  no one knows what goes on in the mind of others. 

Some footballers get depression as a result of finishing football... something missing they can't replace. In others they need to escape it.... 

I had 7 weeks off after redundancy last year.... handing my laptop in and knowing that there was no paranoia about what was going on with bits of analysis I had done or whether the project  i was leading on was going ok...... it was bliss, did nothing but lazed around, doing school runs and recharged. 

I realised that I would love a job where at the end of the day I could switch off was key.... I then started the same type of job for more money and responsibility!  But I know that if my job ever got too much... I know I could find happiness by walking away. 

I'm sure schurrle won't be short of drug store psychologists telling him what he should think, feel and do. 

Exactly. Shows a big insight to how much the media and constant criticism can affect a persons mental health - especially someone who is presumed to have it all. 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

Just listening to talk sport ....  Only Ronald koeman could make the best player in the world want to leave the biggest club in the world.  

Madness.  Messi could do 3 more years in that league. 

As much as I’d like to think it was that, I think it’s the club’s directors that are the problem 

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

As much as I’d like to think it was that, I think it’s the club’s directors that are the problem 

There is some of that by all accounts but the sway was koeman who basically told him "I'm the boss, not you".....

Whilst that is true - you pick your battles.  Moyes tried this approach at United and lost the dressing room very quickly. 

Like or not Lionel Messi is a self appointed assistant manager.  Only a player of his quality and reputation can get away with that....

A smarter approach by koeman would have been to get him onside.  It reminds me of gullitt Vs shearer.  The Barca fans will get behind Messi and koeman is now screwed I think. 

3 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

There is some of that by all accounts but the sway was koeman who basically told him "I'm the boss, not you".....

Whilst that is true - you pick your battles.  Moyes tried this approach at United and lost the dressing room very quickly. 

Like or not Lionel Messi is a self appointed assistant manager.  Only a player of his quality and reputation can get away with that....

A smarter approach by koeman would have been to get him onside.  It reminds me of gullitt Vs shearer.  The Barca fans will get behind Messi and koeman is now screwed I think. 

I’ve said before, but Koeman is their Allardyce