IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

14 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

FIFA will back down they have little choice or they risk the World Cup not going a head at all, which wouldn’t bother me the corruption in FIFA needs to be sorted and Qata shouldn’t have been awarded the finals in the first place. 

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

FIFA will back down they have little choice or they risk the World Cup not going a head at all, which wouldn’t bother me the corruption in FIFA needs to be sorted and Qata shouldn’t have been awarded the finals in the first place. 

The fact they're still going ahead with it Qatar despite everything makes me believe they won't give a shit and will go ahead regardless. Too much money in their pockets.

12 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Going to be interesting to see what happens with Daniil Medvedev, who became the first world number one tennis player who wasn't Djokovic, Federer, Nadal or Murray in eighteen years today; are Russian individuals going to be treated the same as Russian teams?

I'd imagine so. Whilst I get the whole punishment approach, I does alienate an entire country who, going on the captured soldiers videos (assuming they're real), had no idea what they were being asked to do and that Russians don't want this. This is Putins war, not Russias. But not sure how else to send a message, even if this risks alienating them all and feeding the paranoia Putin peddles. 

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Bloody hell...

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich sanctioned by UK government.
Premier League club frozen as part of action; proposed sale halted for time being.
Chelsea club shop must close, no more match tickets can be sold.
Fans who bought season tickets or individual match tickets before today can attend games.
Club can fulfil fixtures and pay wages of all employees, including players and coaching staff.
No new player sales or purchases will be permitted under the licence, and discussions on new deals for players who are out of contract in the summer - such as men's team captain Cesar Azpilicueta - must go on hold
Chelsea can pay "reasonable" costs of travel to and from fixtures but not exceeding £20,000 per game per team.
Pay "reasonable" costs towards hosting home fixtures, not exceeding £500,000 per fixture per team.
Broadcasters can broadcast any fixture involving the club.

36 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Bloody hell...

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich sanctioned by UK government.
Premier League club frozen as part of action; proposed sale halted for time being.
Chelsea club shop must close, no more match tickets can be sold.
Fans who bought season tickets or individual match tickets before today can attend games.
Club can fulfil fixtures and pay wages of all employees, including players and coaching staff.
No new player sales or purchases will be permitted under the licence, and discussions on new deals for players who are out of contract in the summer - such as men's team captain Cesar Azpilicueta - must go on hold
Chelsea can pay "reasonable" costs of travel to and from fixtures but not exceeding £20,000 per game per team.
Pay "reasonable" costs towards hosting home fixtures, not exceeding £500,000 per fixture per team.
Broadcasters can broadcast any fixture involving the club.

It will fuck Chelsea but their fans will probably just sing his name even louder.

2 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

It will fuck Chelsea but their fans will probably just sing his name even louder.

If it carries on are they going to be able to guarantee to fulfill their fixtures next season? Chuck them out of the league....might even save us from relegation!!:otvwhistle:

Pogba broken into whilst away playing, yet his kids were home at the time in bed asleep. What is it with some people in this country they are absolute scum, this is starting to be a common occurrence in this country were people in top flight football are having their homes and families violated, I am so embarrassed that this is happening in our country. 

42 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Pogba broken into whilst away playing, yet his kids were home at the time in bed asleep. What is it with some people in this country they are absolute scum, this is starting to be a common occurrence in this country were people in top flight football are having their homes and families violated, I am so embarrassed that this is happening in our country. 

Crime/theft/violence is as old as history mate, and will exist as long as the human race survives before we inevitably turn each other to ashes at some point....probably fairly soon. Horrible, but you'll never stop it.

18 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Crime/theft/violence is as old as history mate, and will exist as long as the human race survives before we inevitably turn each other to ashes at some point....probably fairly soon. Horrible, but you'll never stop it.

I agree it is as old has history, but there seems to be a more conscious focus on players or managers from the PL, obviously there earnings are attracting the focus on to them from the scum, and that is highlighting our country as an unsafe place for footballers to come and play, I looked online and couldn’t find any comparison in the major leagues in Europe were top flight footballers suffer the same amount of burglaries as here. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/mar/30/premier-league-clubs-set-to-vote-for-five-substitutions-per-match

If you moan for long enough you'll eventually get your own way.

Being able to change almost half of your team during a game is wrong and definitely benefits the the teams able to build bigger and better quality squads.

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/mar/30/premier-league-clubs-set-to-vote-for-five-substitutions-per-match

If you moan for long enough you'll eventually get your own way.

Being able to change almost half of your team during a game is wrong and definitely benefits the the teams able to build bigger and better quality squads.

they love a glass ceiling don't they?

Quite simply put the richest clubs can utilise their deep squads more - more of their quality players will get match time - they will be far more able to beat teams like ourselves who have no bench strength let alone first 11 strength - higher finishes and trophies = more money.

I hope its outvoted... 14 clubs needed....

Man City, Liverpool, Man United, Arsenal, Spurs, Newcastle, Chelsea, are certainties....

potentially - west ham, wolves,

I cant see it getting the OK.

I think there is an argument to be had to question how these extra two substitutions will actually benefit the teams using them. Fresh legs can be over-rated in many circumstances. How many times has it actually helped us this season? 

It definitely will benefit the sides with larger squads but I expect that in reality that benefit will be very minor to potentially negligible.

16 hours ago, Bailey said:

I think there is an argument to be had to question how these extra two substitutions will actually benefit the teams using them. Fresh legs can be over-rated in many circumstances. How many times has it actually helped us this season? 

It definitely will benefit the sides with larger squads but I expect that in reality that benefit will be very minor to potentially negligible.

when your "fresh legs" belong to shit footballers- there is no benefit.

Larger squads will benefit massively -  historically when the first sub has been made at clubs with strong squads -  other players on the pitch will have felt less at threat of being replaced as they know the manager cant do any other "you're taking the piss, off you come" as they know the manager has to cover potential injuries and cant take risks. 

now the landscape is changed.....  the managers can go "yeah, I've 2 off for being shit.....and I can take off another slacker cos ive got £150m sat on the bench".

So if you are Andre Gomes - you would rightly believe that you are safe when you look and see 3 kids from the under 23s sat on the bench when you are stinking the gaff out......  if you are Bruno Fernandes and you see Pogba stretching his legs - then maybe not.

48 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

when your "fresh legs" belong to shit footballers- there is no benefit.

Larger squads will benefit massively -  historically when the first sub has been made at clubs with strong squads -  other players on the pitch will have felt less at threat of being replaced as they know the manager cant do any other "you're taking the piss, off you come" as they know the manager has to cover potential injuries and cant take risks. 

now the landscape is changed.....  the managers can go "yeah, I've 2 off for being shit.....and I can take off another slacker cos ive got £150m sat on the bench".

So if you are Andre Gomes - you would rightly believe that you are safe when you look and see 3 kids from the under 23s sat on the bench when you are stinking the gaff out......  if you are Bruno Fernandes and you see Pogba stretching his legs - then maybe not.

Just because teams have less money to spend, it doesnt mean they should have as much of a dramatic impact compared to the starter. 

Arguably Fernandes off for Pogba would be a downgrade. With the players we have at the moment we could arguably swap Allan off for Donny. How much worse would that make us? 

Its all about recruitment and the quality of the manager in minimising any impact these extra subs will have. Badly run clubs will struggle regardless of budget, well run clubs will use it to their advantage.

28 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Just because teams have less money to spend, it doesnt mean they should have as much of a dramatic impact compared to the starter. 

Arguably Fernandes off for Pogba would be a downgrade. With the players we have at the moment we could arguably swap Allan off for Donny. How much worse would that make us? 

Its all about recruitment and the quality of the manager in minimising any impact these extra subs will have. Badly run clubs will struggle regardless of budget, well run clubs will use it to their advantage.

you are using the example of just 1 sub which is covered with the 3 we have at moment.... 

in their last prem game vs spurs united used:-

1. Elanga for Rashford

2. Cavani for Matic

3. Lindelof for Ronaldo

unused there was:-  Bailly, Lingard, Mata, Wan-Bissaka, Phil Jones, Henderson.

They could have replaced Pogba or Fred who was on a yellow with Lingaard....  

absolute world of a difference to us - when one of our key players gets a yellow its potential disaster.... we keep a yellow carded player on like Allan cos the replacements are worse even when considering his inability to throw tackles in for risk of a red.

Are we generalising here are discussing Everton, because if we are discussing the impact of subs for Everton then Bailey is right, if you are a badly run and mismanaged club you are going to struggle no matter how much money you have spent, Everton have proven that to be the case. 

4 hours ago, Hafnia said:

you are using the example of just 1 sub which is covered with the 3 we have at moment.... 

in their last prem game vs spurs united used:-

1. Elanga for Rashford

2. Cavani for Matic

3. Lindelof for Ronaldo

unused there was:-  Bailly, Lingard, Mata, Wan-Bissaka, Phil Jones, Henderson.

They could have replaced Pogba or Fred who was on a yellow with Lingaard....  

absolute world of a difference to us - when one of our key players gets a yellow its potential disaster.... we keep a yellow carded player on like Allan cos the replacements are worse even when considering his inability to throw tackles in for risk of a red.

They are just names though. How much of an impact will those players actually have and how much better / worse are they than the player already on the pitch. 

As for Allan, he has a habit of getting himself yellows for really stupid reasons. Yes being able to take him off would be great, but then if we had used the millions we have pissed up the wall a bit better, we would have someome equally as good or nearly as good waiting to come in. 

I also think using too many subs can disrupt the flow of your performance. Its one thing using the subs to rest and rotate when the big teams have the game won but how many are going to be making sweeping changes when they need a result?

Im just not sure it is as big across all games as people are making out but there is no doubt it will have an impact in some, in the same way 3 does now.