IGNORED

Baines

Where do they get this shit from???? I know none of us know what's going on behind the scenes but this flies in the face of every other story on the situation.

For a start it's the first I've heard of this apparent pact between Moyes and Bill, and if it does exist Moyes didn't take very long to break a pact with an apparent

'very good friend' did he?

Then this bit

After both of those bids were rejected, Baines is believed to have become frustrated with the club standing in his way of a dream move to the Premier League champions.

I know I don't know him personally but this seems about as far away as you could get from how he comes across, I think he's happy where he is and would completely

understand us turning down any bids especially of the value the rumoured ones have been

Another case of a journo with too much time on his hands me thinks!

All we have is journo reports at present but there no smoke without fire. If moyes agreed not to come in for our prized assets then i'm afraid kenwright may not have learned from his last "agreement and handshake" betrayal.

For me i'm not expecting anything other than moyes doing whats right for United and basically not paying us any respect we may feel he should throw our way. After all, its a results business and he knows that Baines is the best at what he does and will help him avoid failure at United. Does that mean he should stick a few million on top of what we would expect in a transfer? From a selfish perspective no, and thats exactly where/who he is. I'm ok with that because i'm an Everton fan, not a David Moyes fan.

Lets remember he allowed his contract to run out leaving us managerless and without a bean in compensation coming to us. It didn't particularly bother me because I wasn't keen on another 5 years of him, but I would have prefered some honesty. Anyone who thinks for one minute he wasnt aware of any man united interest until just before fergie announced his retirement is deluded. Man uniteds biggest recruitment task over the last 20 years was SAF's replacement and that will have been a mega intensive operation, not just a chat over a bottle of wine.

At this very same time when he was being sounded out about managing the biggest team in the Prem, he will have been asked to present on his working model and initial plans for his new role. In that would have been who he intends to keep, sell, and who he wants to sign. From this they will have outlined a budget - the Glazers will have been all over that, and in that would have no doubt been Baines and other targets.

If Baines does go to united I will be upset, he's a true Everton player for me and I would like to keep him. With that in mind Moyes should be very wary of upsetting those fans who idolised him for his time at Everton and deal with the situation very carefully. Me? It wont change my feelings towards Moyes. I've appreciated alot of the good he's done at our club but he's had his own agenda just like many people in the game. He got a massive compensation package off our club and continually talked down expectations and talked up the size of the job he had. In short I think he is focussed on number 1, and those who had never thought that will no doubt be feeling bitter very soon.

Baines £18m plus add on rising to £20-£22m.

"I am at a club where the word success is tattooed right across the badge,” said Moyes.

“I want us to play the same way, with the same traditions of entertaining, exciting football.

“But I’ve always said the biggest thing in football is to win. I would always put winning at the top of the list and Sir Alex would as well.”

In other words - "i'll try and entertain as best I can with a 4-5-1, but if we are 1-0 up against Cardiff at Old trafford with 15 minutes remaining i'm bringing RVP off and Phil Jones on to do some midfield gurning"

£14m? I'd actually reply and tell them that we will actively sell him to someone else just for being so disrespectful.

Reading the various reports out there, it seems that £15m is the magic number. This is the number that Sir Alex would not pay last year, and it appears to be the maximum the ManU powers-that-be have established for this year's negotiation. Much as I'd really hate to see Baines leave, and there's such an emotional attachment between him and the fan base, you have to wonder whether Everton could resist such a bid for a 28-year-old. If Moyes is as obsessed as everyone says about bringing Baines to the Reds, and if ManU want to make a point of backing their new manager, maybe RM can use these facts to his advantage to bring in one of the hot young ManU prospects as part of the deal. What about Jesse Lingard or Jack Barmby as a CM, or Tom Thorpe as a DM? If Baines really wants to go (not a given at this point) and if Moyes really wants to splash out on him (which seems to be the case), why not demand £14m plus one or two of these young players? Take advantage of Moyes' desperation to build a strong young Everton for the future. Once the initial disappointment is over, Everton would be in an enviable position.

BK better not let go of the best LB in the prem for a paltry 12m

Anything below 20m is a joke IMO.

Problem is that there's no real replacement for Baines within the squad. Oviedo looks alright, but I doubt we'd see him race down the left wing the way Bainsey does for a full game.

Reading the various reports out there, it seems that £15m is the magic number. This is the number that Sir Alex would not pay last year, and it appears to be the maximum the ManU powers-that-be have established for this year's negotiation. Much as I'd really hate to see Baines leave, and there's such an emotional attachment between him and the fan base, you have to wonder whether Everton could resist such a bid for a 28-year-old. If Moyes is as obsessed as everyone says about bringing Baines to the Reds, and if ManU want to make a point of backing their new manager, maybe RM can use these facts to his advantage to bring in one of the hot young ManU prospects as part of the deal. What about Jesse Lingard or Jack Barmby as a CM, or Tom Thorpe as a DM? If Baines really wants to go (not a given at this point) and if Moyes really wants to splash out on him (which seems to be the case), why not demand £14m plus one or two of these young players? Take advantage of Moyes' desperation to build a strong young Everton for the future. Once the initial disappointment is over, Everton would be in an enviable position.

15m plus Büttner, might start considering that.

edit - who am I kidding, they can fuck off.

Edited by Matt

Moyes has been quoted as saying there was no gentlemans agreement not to buy any of our players."No, I dont think thats the case" was his response when asked if such an agreement was in place.

Bills quote:-

"Leighton is under contract and I've told David not to come back for him, although there is nothing to stop him. He knows we want him to stay."

That hardly strikes me as a gentlemans agreement - however if recent bids and reports are true, Moyes has treated us with contempt.

Luke Shaw for £10m maybe? or is Garbutt deffo gonna make it as a class FB?

I wouldnt sell him at any price, it would be a bigger statement to keep him.

How do you tell target players we want to improve and try to get champions league after selling our best player?

Selling Rooney worked out pretty well for the team. Could happen again if you spend the money right.

Keep him at all costs, simply cannot replave him for a player anywhere near his level.

Garbut is nowhere near ready for the prem let alone Baines level. The lad is young and only got into the England U20 team though injuries. And when he got on he looked like he had a long way to go. Wouldnt think we will be seeing him for two years at least. If i am honest with myself i am not expecting him to make the grade here.

Baines is top of his game, in his prime and irreplacable!

You want to offer us stupid money then well talk, he asks to go, then well talk. Until then he plays for Everton.

Moyes has been quoted as saying there was no gentlemans agreement not to buy any of our players."No, I dont think thats the case" was his response when asked if such an agreement was in place.

Bills quote:-

"Leighton is under contract and I've told David not to come back for him, although there is nothing to stop him. He knows we want him to stay."

That hardly strikes me as a gentlemans agreement - however if recent bids and reports are true, Moyes has treated us with contempt.

Luke Shaw for £10m maybe? or is Garbutt deffo gonna make it as a class FB?

You peeps keep on about buying somebody else or hoping garbutt will make it, we have a decent player in Oviedo, or have people forgotten that we have him.

And if Martinez goes to the 3 at the back, Distin can play there.

Edited by Bill

Selling Rooney worked out pretty well for the team. Could happen again if you spend the money right.

We were a team struggling to stay in the league back then, we couldnt attract high quality players. Now we are the other end of the table and can attract decent talent.

The one player I don't want to loose is Baines and even if he was to go I really would not sell to United I'd tell Moyes to fuck right off!

If fourth official is right and we still have £20m to spend or £14m after the recent buys as I'm not sure which he meant we could add another two quality players which could really push us on next season.

We were a team struggling to stay in the league back then, we couldnt attract high quality players. Now we are the other end of the table and can attract decent talent.

Which is why having more money to spend should work out even better! :D

Sell him pronto. We don't have Moyes anymore, RM will not have the team working solely on the left. A 15 mil centre mid or striker would be more valuable to the team as a whole. Won't lose much creativity down the left either if we move Mirallas there. Also with the Martinez likely to encourage creativity we may need a more defensive left back to keep the line rather than get forward as often as Baines does.

Sell him pronto. We don't have Moyes anymore, RM will not have the team working solely on the left. A 15 mil centre mid or striker would be more valuable to the team as a whole. Won't lose much creativity down the left either if we move Mirallas there. Also with the Martinez likely to encourage creativity we may need a more defensive left back to keep the line rather than get forward as often as Baines does.

Sorry Pete, but thats one of the most ridiculous posts Ive ever read.

You talk some wiff waff sometimes pete0. If we lose Baines we have lost our goal scoring opportunites. Last season Baines had created 113 goal scoring chances. Ahead of David Silva, Cazorla, Messi, Ronaldo.

Some may ponder how a left back can be a team’s most influential figure but this is the case at Goodison. Just look at the stats.

Out of every single player in Europe last season, including the likes of Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo and Xavi, Baines created the most chances.

He conjured up 113 goalscoring opportunities for Everton during the last campaign. That figure is 11 greater than the total amassed by Manchester City’s David Silva, who was second in the list, and 18 more than the number created by Santi Cazorla of Arsenal who came third. Some going for a player whose primary job is to stop goals going in rather than setting them up at the other end.

Yes most of our goals have come from the right last season with Mirallas and Coleman but if we lost Baines it would be a huge blow to the side. Even more than Fellaini. Baines is the key for Everton and the he is what will get the door unlocked. I am surprised that Moyes is bidding so low, if MU came in when Moyes was manager and offered 12mil he would hit the roof and rant and say how can someone bid so low for a player who is so consistent. Maybe there is something in his contract we don't know about.

You talk some wiff waff sometimes pete0. If we lose Baines we have lost our goal scoring opportunites. Last season Baines had created 113 goal scoring chances. Ahead of David Silva, Cazorla, Messi, Ronaldo.

Some may ponder how a left back can be a team’s most influential figure but this is the case at Goodison. Just look at the stats.

Out of every single player in Europe last season, including the likes of Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo and Xavi, Baines created the most chances.

He conjured up 113 goalscoring opportunities for Everton during the last campaign. That figure is 11 greater than the total amassed by Manchester City’s David Silva, who was second in the list, and 18 more than the number created by Santi Cazorla of Arsenal who came third. Some going for a player whose primary job is to stop goals going in rather than setting them up at the other end.

Yes most of our goals have come from the right last season with Mirallas and Coleman but if we lost Baines it would be a huge blow to the side. Even more than Fellaini. Baines is the key for Everton and the he is what will get the door unlocked. I am surprised that Moyes is bidding so low, if MU came in when Moyes was manager and offered 12mil he would hit the roof and rant and say how can someone bid so low for a player who is so consistent. Maybe there is something in his contract we don't know about.

nick-cage-o.gif

How many were converted?... 5! Not great for someone who was on most of the set-pieces as well.

Imagine Everton didn't already have Baines, however had £15 mil to spend. Would you rather buy the left back or McCarthy with change left over for Olssen?

How many were converted?... 5! Not great for someone who was on most of the set-pieces as well.

Imagine Everton didn't already have Baines, however had £15 mil to spend. Would you rather buy the left back or McCarthy with change left over for Olssen?

you want him to create the chance and then run ahead of the ball to convert it?!

Just because the rest of the team couldnt score in a $1 brothel, shouldnt take away from Baines' contribution. Lets see how many goals we score without that 113 opportunities he creates...