• Johnny Heitinga
    • Tim Cahill
    • Steven Pienaar
    • Louis Saha
    • Jack Rodwell
    • Jermaine Beckford
    • Aiyegbeni Yakubu

pollresizear5.jpg

Current Player of the Year standings....

Baines 83

Distin 66

Pienaar 61

Coleman 61

Yakubu 47

Cahill 44

Fellaini 29

Howard 22

Jagielka 22

Osman 17

Arteta 12

Hibbert 7

Beckford 7

Rodwell 5

Neville 6

Gueye 3

Bilyaletdinov 2

Heitinga 2

MOTM winners....

Arsenal (H)...Seamus Coleman

Bolton (H)...Sylvain Distin

Blackpool (A)...Seamus Coleman

Stoke City (H)...Ayegbeni Yakubu

Spurs (A)...Leighton Baines

Liverpool (H)...Tim Cahill

Birmingham (A)...Leon Osman

Fulham (A)...Steven Pienaar

Brentford (A)...Seamus Coleman

Newcastle (H)...Sylvain Distin

Manchester United (H)...Tim Howard

Aston Villa (A)...Leighton Baines

Huddersfield (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Wolves (H)...Sylvain Distin

Blackburn (A)...Leighton Baines

Arteta and Saha were piss poor, Moyes needs a word with them both, but he wont because he is too busy licking their arse. Jagielka was good defensivly, but first half did nothing but hoof it, better 2nd half. Distin was up there, solid defensivly again, but was a little at fault for the goal (i'm being harsh). So Bainsy gets it from me (giggity) did well for our goal, maybe should have done better for their first, but made up for it by being our only continual threat through out the game, and i SERIOUSLY hope Moyes has a plan for when we loose Pienaar or were fucked.

Arteta and Saha were piss poor, Moyes needs a word with them both, but he wont because he is too busy licking their arse. Jagielka was good defensivly, but first half did nothing but hoof it, better 2nd half. Distin was up there, solid defensivly again, but was a little at fault for the goal (i'm being harsh). So Bainsy gets it from me (giggity) did well for our goal, maybe should have done better for their first, but made up for it by being our only continual threat through out the game, and i SERIOUSLY hope Moyes has a plan for when we loose Pienaar or were fucked.

I concur

ive given it 2 pienaar, not as effective in the second half but still our biggest threat. arteta was woeful yet again, just seen that fantasy premier league gave him 2 bonus points ha! wot game where they watchin.

if moyes starts saha again next match there is seriously something wrong with him, hibbert wud probably be a more effective centre forward, at least he'd give 100%

this forums gettin beyond a joke with the pienaar love. how can any one justify givin pienaar MOM over baines? please dont reply he was 'lively', this is not really gonna ever win u games, his movement is flawed, hence why he runs around tommy-esc so much. only thing he contributes is layin the ball on to baines, but we could even play phil neville lm and he would do this jus as effectively if not better. the rest of pienaars 'game' is wank. the sooner he fucks off the better

this forums gettin beyond a joke with the pienaar love. how can any one justify givin pienaar MOM over baines? please dont reply he was 'lively', this is not really gonna ever win u games, his movement is flawed, hence why he runs around tommy-esc so much. only thing he contributes is layin the ball on to baines, but we could even play phil neville lm and he would do this jus as effectively if not better. the rest of pienaars 'game' is wank. the sooner he fucks off the better

you're clearly watching a different pienaar than i was. his movement was one of three positive forces on our side today. he may have found himself lost here and there, but his hurried runs pressed sunderland's defense today and made a lot of baines' crosses and runs possible.

if anyone gives arteta MOM.......

honestly can't understand why moyes keeps him in the 11 when he continues to perform so poorly. arteta needs to be dropped for playing poorly. he needs a bit of a shake up because obviously what he's doing isn't working. he needs to not feel like he's guaranteed a spot no matter what. dropping him would make him see that and make him work harder to get back in the side.

moyes needs to stop playing favorites and give rodders, gueye and beckford playing time. honestly, has gueye made an appearance since the first carling cup match? for all that's been made about moyes being so brilliant about bringing youth through, i honestly can't see gueye wanting to stay if moyes keeps overlooking him the way he's been doing.

Baines. Simple.

Cahill put himself about and Pienaar worked hard but again, without Baines neither of these 2 would be as good. Pienaar did tire after playing for 3 people in the 1st half, understandably and was at fault for the 1st goal. He didnt need to get that close to Zenden, who was going nowhere and put Baines in a difficult situation, though he himself shouldve done better.

I thought Pienaar played well, however Baines was by far and away the best player on the park. Well maybe Danny Wellback gave him a run for his money.

We need to give Pienaar whatever he wants, give him the same as Arteta.

Arteta has not been an influential player all season so instead of giving Pienaar parity i would give him more than Arteta, i think he is way ahead of him this season and will be a massive loss if we lose him.

Anyway gave it to Baines tho Pienaar matched him, mentions for Distin 1st half and Jags 2nd half, also thought Cahill had a better match and without his goals we could be sitting bottom of the league.

I have to agree with this

last year it was felli getting aall the love this year pienaar.

Baines was by far the best attacker we had

then my friend, you are insane. Pienaar is in the last year of his contract, many Evertonians would jump on the chance to have a go at him if he wasn't performing (earlier in the season he wasn't great) but these last few games he has been outstanding and the fact that he is getting motm votes proves it. Against Arsenal he was easily the best player on the pitch and I thought he was fantastic again last night. Baines had a good game, although both their goals came from crosses down his side, but Pienaar was everywhere and played some fantastic balls for Baines to get on the end of. He was man of the match imo. The way he is playing he deserves to be our top earner.

I agree Fellaini was flavour of the month on occasions last year, as was Jags the year before (when imo Lescott was quite regularly the classier performer), but Pienaar deserves all the plaudits recently.

Edited by carlmc25

Jags simply because we would have lost the game without him. However i thought that both Baines and Pienaar had a great game. Saha should never step on the pitch for Everton again imo. Why wont DM give Beckford an honest run?

he did that at the beginning of the season and everyone called for his head.

I thought Peanuts played well, as did Jags, but in the end i gave it to Tim. The reason being he was pretty much non stop all through, he had a number of on target attempts some just cleared off the line and he scored the opener. Basically he did what he was paid to do and did it well. So imo he hets the MoM vote.

Don't buy into this at all.

The vast majority of people on here judge each individual player on each individual match, if Pienaar/Arteta/Jags/Felli play well they say so and vote for them, if they don't then they get stick.

The people who cry "favourites" seem to me to be the only people who actually do have irrational, fixed and immovable ideas about individuals (ET creaming his green and gold underwear over TC and Neill and, to a lesser extent, Milky's unreasonable aversion to Fellaini).

In general we have favourite players yes, but if they play badly then the majority say so :) .

anyone who cries the favourite line gets ignored by me...pienaar is gettin praise cos he is playing well and i get the impression some people think 'lively' is a bad thing...if only saha looked 'lively' we might actually win some fuckin games! or if arteta was 'lively' then we might attack a bit better!

Edited by marcopaulo

Its well documented that you hate Piennar but I doubt you would know a good player if he bit you on the arse as for the drivell about Neville being better there, well that just shows how out of touch with reallity you are. Noticed that milky agrees with you though, enough said! ;)

Incidentally I voted for Piennar just ahead of Baines and Distin

if anyone gives arteta MOM.......

honestly can't understand why moyes keeps him in the 11 when he continues to perform so poorly. arteta needs to be dropped for playing poorly. he needs a bit of a shake up because obviously what he's doing isn't working. he needs to not feel like he's guaranteed a spot no matter what. dropping him would make him see that and make him work harder to get back in the side.

moyes needs to stop playing favorites and give rodders, gueye and beckford playing time. honestly, has gueye made an appearance since the first carling cup match? for all that's been made about moyes being so brilliant about bringing youth through, i honestly can't see gueye wanting to stay if moyes keeps overlooking him the way he's been doing.

I agree that Arteta could quite easily be benched but Gueye is nowhere near ready, Rodders has been just as poor and Beckford isnt exactly showing he is Premiership class either

I agree that Arteta could quite easily be benched but Gueye is nowhere near ready, Rodders has been just as poor and Beckford isnt exactly showing he is Premiership class either

I think Arteta should be benched and I would chuck in one of the aforementioned. Have you actually seen Gueye recently? (Genuine question) I would just point out that I havent but every time I read a report about the rezzies he is always the shining light. I wouldnt necessarily say he should play the whole game or start but if Arteta is producing the shite he did against Sunderland then why not bring on someone with pace who can deliver a ball? Why not chuck him on for Coleman instead of Rodwell?

My main pick would be Rodders. I agree he has been great but it he tries to get forward at least. Against Arsenal it was him that drive forward and had a pop that eventually won us the corner. He at least tries getting forward, as he did yesterday (even though he clearly isnt a right winger) which is more than Arteta. If it isnt working out then bring Arteta on, but we should at least give him that warning, he cant do any worse.

I do agree about Beckford but I do think he should be given more game time. If we are losing why not chuck him on last 20-30mins? At the end of the day, he might not have finished the chance but at least he got that chance. Saha did fuck all, all game, as he did against Arsenal.

I say designate Heitinga as the DM, get Rodwell to play as the box2box and keep Cahill playing off Yakubu. If it doesnt work(ie Heits picks up another early booking lol), Arteta can come on but get him advanced not sitting deep.

Completely wrong thread for most of this so I apologise.

Cahill for me, worked his socks off, scored a good headed goal, had a couple cleared off the line, then contributed in both defence and supporting the attack when he dropped deeper late on. I thought Jagielka had one of his lesser games, Saha was ineffective and don't know why Rodwell was put on to play down the right.

he did that at the beginning of the season and everyone called for his head.

Sure, but he was new at the club then.. Probably understands more about what DM wants now. He would have put that last chance in the net if he had played more. Im not a fan of Yak, and Saha can crawl through the euro tunnel for all I care. Beckford is the only option in my opinion. (plus opening the very thin wallet in Jan)