IGNORED

Joleon Lescott

I actually wouldnt mind him back here.

As much as people dont want to admit it, I think Moyes played a large part in the bitter ending between us and Lescott, and altough I was pissed at the time, I dont really blame him too much.

Lescott & Jags were a cracking CB partnership and I wouldnt mind bringing it back together, even if that would be a bit harsh on Distin. I dont think we need him, and I certainly wouldnt pay much but if our defensive options were to change and he was available I would take him back.

I actually wouldnt mind him back here.

As much as people dont want to admit it, I think Moyes played a large part in the bitter ending between us and Lescott, and altough I was pissed at the time, I dont really blame him too much.

Lescott & Jags were a cracking CB partnership and I wouldnt mind bringing it back together, even if that would be a bit harsh on Distin. I dont think we need him, and I certainly wouldnt pay much but if our defensive options were to change and he was available I would take him back.

Thank you! im not the only one!

I've said it before, but if he'd left under better circumstances then I'd jump at the chance of re-signing him, but he was a nob. If his beef was with Moyes then fair enough, but he treated the club with total disrespect and that I can't forgive.

He never had a bad word to say about the club after he left, i agree with Bailey and Matt I would love him back here and the same goes for Rooney... it's all water under the bridge now and as Moyes is saying to Peanuts the grass isnt always greener on the other side!

But back to funding we could never afford him unless they want to swap him for Johny H!

I still dont really understand why people are so anti Lescott. He isnt an Evertonian so when somebody comes along and offers to treble his wages and offer him the chance to win trophies at the same time why shouldnt he take it?

I said at the time I didnt blame him for wanting to go and that still stands now so I would welcome him back but I dont think there is any chance what so ever of this coming off because we simply cant afford him

I've said it before, but if he'd left under better circumstances then I'd jump at the chance of re-signing him, but he was a nob. If his beef was with Moyes then fair enough, but he treated the club with total disrespect and that I can't forgive.

In hindsight I dont necessarily think he did.

From what Iv read, he tried to be professional about it and asked behind closed doors to leave. Moyes then threw a paddy over it, and personally it was his reaction that caused the bust up. Lescott wasnt to blame for the Arsenal debarcle, they all were and making him train with the U18s for wanting to leave is down right ridiculous.

As is pointed out in the last post, he isnt an Evertonian, he doesnt owe us anything. We payed him to do a job and got a great return for it. I could honestly say that if someone offered me triple the wages to quit my job, my letter of resignation would be written in seconds. Yes he thought about the money but he also thought about his prospects and probably his family and future families security.

Even though I was happy with Lescott at the time, I still thought Moyes acted like a dick and the more I think about it the more I believe the latter to be the main reason why this whole thing ended so sourly. I hope the same doesnt happen with the likes of Rodwell, Baines etc if someone with money comes knocking.

I fail to see the logic behind this move tbh. Lescott is going to want to leave City to actually play some games, would he get that here? Mouyes has no reason to drop Distin and he won't play Lescott ahead of Jagielka because of his need to have a right-footed and left-footed centre-back pairing.

I wouldn't drop Distin at the moment for many players to be fair, he's playing the best he ever has at this club.

I think all round Lescott is a better CB and player than Distin, regardless of how well Distin is playing.... i mean lets be honest at the moment to say he is our 3rd best player doesnt really say much, whereas when Lescott was here is was of our best players when all players where playing well, that said who knows how he would have been if all players where not performing?

Distin is the best CB we have at the moment, I would drop Jags and put Heitinga in. Jags has been underperforming and yet he says that he is angry at the whole team for not lifting (he does include himself though), but that is ridiculous. We could have possibly won against Chelsea if it wasn't for him, and he is always late getting to tackles. Drop Jags, put Heitinga in there and forget about Lescott and let Distin do what he does.