IGNORED

What Grinds Your Gears...

Matt

2nd course of antibiotics for me. Good news is that, after an x-ray, my lungs are confirmed as clean ("not a thing there" was the doctors actual wording), which is bizarre. But, my throat on the other hand is - and again the doctors words here - "really messed up". 3 days off work, no excuses he said, and that I was daft for not taking a week off in the first place.

2nd course of antibiotics for me. Good news is that, after an x-ray, my lungs are confirmed as clean ("not a thing there" was the doctors actual wording), which is bizarre. But, my throat on the other hand is - and again the doctors words here - "really messed up". 3 days off work, no excuses he said, and that I was daft for not taking a week off in the first place.

On the whole Matt I think that is great news mate and I am really pleased for you. Get your throat sorted though. My thoughts are with you. :)

Good news Matt. Have a relax.

My lungs are scarred to shit apparently....they work fine, they just look horrible in pictures. Sums me up all round that :lol:.

cheers guys. The reason Im so surprised is that for my first 4 smoking years I was quite a heavier, unfiltered smoker. The last 6 years has been a dramatic reduction (including 3 years of stopping) but in the last 18 months smoked on an off again. Amazing what the human body can do, keep the faith!

Been a smoker since around '72, '73, for the most part, but still here to tell the tale. Add to that the amounts of liquor over the years, and constant agression, it's not short of a fucking miracle I'm still alive and 'well'

Good for Matthew feeling better and on the toad to recovery, and to be fair, a kid your age, shouldn't really be having all these health issues.

Been a smoker since around '72, '73, for the most part, but still here to tell the tale. Add to that the amounts of liquor over the years, and constant agression, it's not short of a fucking miracle I'm still alive and 'well'

Good for Matthew feeling better and on the toad to recovery, and to be fair, a kid your age, shouldn't really be having all these health issues.

cheers DK.

http://tv.uk.msn.com/soaps/open-all-hours-and-sir-david-jason-to-return-but-it-should-stay-closed

Leave the golden shows alone! You cant have Open All Hours without Ronnie Barker :(

Never saw that program, although Barker was good in Porridge, including the one-off 1979 film special they did, but know enough that you can't have Open All Hours without it's lead cast. If they have to go ahead with it, then someone like Jordan Price or whatever her name is, or Kerry Katona (for example) would have been more appropriate.

What's much worse is when someone texts you, you text back and THEN they don't text you back. Fuckers.

What's even worse is when someone texts you, you text them back, they text you back, you text them back, they text you back, you text them back, they text you back, you text them back and then they don't reply!! Bastards :shaking fist:.

If I was king anyone who didn't say thank you to me when I held the door for them or wave at me when I let then out of a junction in my car would be castrated or at least booted up the hole.

you'd have a stroke over here in Europe. You can spot the English where I live - theyre the only ones who acknowledge others...

Pigeons. Got a small family lodging in out roof and shitting all over the front doorway. Any deterrent ideas? I don't want to kill them but the ideas I've seen to discourage them peacefully don't really work (high pitch noise, water pistols, netting). The idea of a plastic bird seems to be hit and miss according to reviews, whilst shiny things dangling (like a CD on a string) aren't going to be easily installed, not to mention an unwanted eyesore!

Ideas?

Pigeons. Got a small family lodging in out roof and shitting all over the front doorway. Any deterrent ideas? I don't want to kill them but the ideas I've seen to discourage them peacefully don't really work (high pitch noise, water pistols, netting). The idea of a plastic bird seems to be hit and miss according to reviews, whilst shiny things dangling (like a CD on a string) aren't going to be easily installed, not to mention an unwanted eyesore!

Ideas?

A peregrine falcon :)

Just stuff it in the hole in the roof and they can't get in. ;)

Ideas?

There are a few ideas I have from when I did this as a job.

Spikes. Not huge great big things that skewer the birds just a line of \/ \/ \/ along where they usually land, not too obtrusive about the size of half a bicycle spoke, you can buy them from pest control quite cheaply. The birds stop landing there then.

Other idea is pigeon gel. The land on it and get stuck. Puts them right off, especially when you go along and snip them off at the ankles with tin snips.

There are a few ideas I have from when I did this as a job.

Spikes. Not huge great big things that skewer the birds just a line of \/ \/ \/ along where they usually land, not too obtrusive about the size of half a bicycle spoke, you can buy them from pest control quite cheaply. The birds stop landing there then.

Other idea is pigeon gel. The land on it and get stuck. Puts them right off, especially when you go along and snip them off at the ankles with tin snips.

Is this you:

6ze-mr-twit.jpg

The landlord is apparently going to put spikes up, but no idea when or where hes going to do it. Will asking him about the gel though, sounds interesting (and could save a few pennies on food in the meantime ;) )

5328651356_5d0f0aafc2_z.jpg

Edited by Matt