IGNORED

Captain Phil

look, he was bound to be tempted and maybe a little disappointed. It was his last chance to play Champions League but if he had wanted to go, he wouldve put in a transfer request.

I wouldnt have thought he would ever have put in a transfer request, but I certainly think he was very interested.

Baines came out and said thanks but no thanks pretty much straight away (with the Bayern interest) and if Neville really wasnt interested then he would have come out and said a similar thing but he didnt and he went a bit awol in a couple of games. Even Moyes admitted he had his head turned.

I dont blame him for not being interested by it, but to say his comments meant he didnt want to go, is probably wide of the mark.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldnt have thought he would ever have put in a transfer request, but I certainly think he was very interested.

Baines came out and said thanks but no thanks pretty much straight away (with the Bayern interest) and if Neville really wasnt interested then he would have come out and said a similar thing but he didnt and he went a bit awol in a couple of games. Even Moyes admitted he had his head turned.

I dont blame him for not being interested by it, but to say his comments meant he didnt want to go, is probably wide of the mark.

well then he didnt really want to go. His comments arent as rosy as Bainesy, they sound more disciplined to me.

• 11 months later...