IGNORED

Captain Phil

Oh losing Phil, Will be the start of a downfall for Everton. People take the mic out of him but noone can question what he brings to the team. All the New players say how much effort he puts into making them feel at home, that's priceless to me.

I think this hits the nail on the head. I certainly wouldnt say he is the best defender around but he brings so much more to the club, never mind team. People praise Moyes for bringing the fighting spirit back to Everton, but for me Neville has had a massive part in that as well, even if I do think his on the pitch attributes are over rated at times.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rumour has it is that Neville is pushing for the move, which is why even though the clubs agreed to take the matter no further that saggy balls face is still going for him.

Hope this isnt the case - cant blame him for wanting a last bash at Champ League football but if he stays with us surely he will get a coaching role?

as much as i love phil and think he is a great captain would it be that bad business? we have hibbert who is certainly no worse a right back in my eyes and also seamus who will most likely end up there in the near future..if we got 3m or so for a player with 1 or 2 seasons left in him i don't think i would complain much

Is there no irony in the fact that Spurs nicked the right back we wanted to sign (Naughton), not to mention a spare (Walker), then put both of them out on loan and now he comes back for our regular right-back :mellow: . He'll be wanting Hibbo as well I guess....and who plays RB for the reserves, youth and under 12's? Could all be in for a big pay-day :rolleyes: .

I dunno what to think about this. If we manage to do money with player if his age, it should be a good business. He havent played very well this season thought. But, our game still improved a lot when he got back in business. Thats all about his team leading abilities. Dunno what these seriously means. If he leaves, Seamus to RB and Arteta to right? We still could get this fixed, but these rumours are getting me worried than years :dont know:

I think he wants to go tbh. Usually we can't shut Neville up in the press but he's been strangely quiet and I think he's the type of player who would come out in the press and say he was going nowhere if that was the case.

http://www.evertonfc.com//news/archive/2011/01/27/nev-calls-on-spirit-of-2009?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_term=Nev+Calls+On+Spirit+Of+2009

He's alive!