• Mikel Arteta
    • Steven Pienaar
    • Seamus Coleman
    • Jermaine Beckford
    • Louis Saha
    • Aiyegbeni Yakubu
    • Leon Osman
    • Jack Rodwell

Current Player of the Year standings....

Baines 130

Distin 111

Coleman 90

Pienaar 85

Cahill 83

Fellaini 48

Yakubu 47

Howard 44

Jagielka 25

Osman 17

Arteta 12

Hibbert 7

Beckford 7

Rodwell 7

Neville 6

Gueye 3

Bilyaletdinov 2

Heitinga 2

MOTM winners....

Stoke City (A)...Sylvain Distin

West Ham (A)...Sylvain Distin

Man City (A)...Tim Howard

Wigan (H)...Seamus Coleman

Chelsea (A)...Leighton Baines

West Brom (H)...Tim Cahill

Sunderland (A)...Steven Pienaar

Arsenal (H)...Seamus Coleman

Bolton (H)...Sylvain Distin

Blackpool (A)...Seamus Coleman

Stoke City (H)...Ayegbeni Yakubu

Spurs (A)...Leighton Baines

Liverpool (H)...Tim Cahill

Birmingham (A)...Leon Osman

Fulham (A)...Steven Pienaar

Brentford (A)...Seamus Coleman

Newcastle (H)...Sylvain Distin

Manchester United (H)...Tim Howard

Aston Villa (A)...Leighton Baines

Huddersfield (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Wolves (H)...Sylvain Distin

Blackburn (A)...Leighton Baines

Coleman just ahead of Felli.

I just love the way he gets at teams and Assou-Ekkoto (sp?) looked scared.

According to Hansen "Coleman absolutely decimated him tonight."

I see Seamus has graduated to doing post-match interviews, the only problem with that is that is puts his "beard" out there :unsure: .

Someone have a word with him.

Was accurately negative about fellaini a good year and a bit ago, what is it that has made me change my mind about him?

He is still the same sloooow player who was an advanced bystander when playing in fast flowing midfields, it seems to me that not playing him in defensive midfield totally threw his game off. He was and never will be an attacking midfielder, he would be a better centre half IMO than an attack minded midfielder.

His game Is sitting in front of the back four and breaking play up, not only did he do that but he found one of our players time after time. Totally pleased for the lad, we have one of the best defensive midfielders in the prem.

Went with King Louis (where have you been for the past year). He setup alot of chances. His goal was a great shot and Coleman's goal was a by-product of another good shot by Saha. I think him and Yak upfront would be a good setup. I really believe it takes 2-3 games for the Yak to get going. Beckford looks for penalties to often and has had some trouble putting away his chances.

But for tonight, great job and COYB!

(In fairness though Saha had that back pass which was horrible and would have been a Spurs goal if Crouch knew about offsides)

Edited by hlbunton

Fellaini absolutely amazing! this is what we bought this lad for he's class, we have been missing someone like him since Carsley but this boy can pass and break up play as good as anyone in the prem! Ive always had my doubts about him since he got here but he was never played in his right position (cue david moyes here). This is what he does and he's arguably one of the best defensive midfielder's in the league. 15 million pfff! for a player of his quality that's nothing in today's market. like others have said 442 has to be the way forward, as long as we have a player like Felli in midfield breaking up play and even doing Arteta's job supplying the forwards with neat short passes an always available for the ball we can stick to this formation. Put him next to a inform Arteta and things should work out nicely.

Well done the boys today and well done Moyes taken his finger out of his arse an trying something new! I was shocked with the team sheet! May his attacking style of play continue. We've got the team the players an we all know we should be up there in the top 6 at least this is are best squad in years. Have faith in the boys and Moyes (if he plays players in there position) and lets climb this table! Mention for Coleman tonight as well! Gareth Bale who??

Ohh an a mention for van der farts. Best signing in the prem by far! He's like a Cahill with good feet but without the head, 8 million my word! Saying that Cahill 2.5 million that was in the old market tho, I wonder what he would have cost in today's market.

I was quite please when we were linked with him. Too bad we're too fucking skint for a steal like that. He would have been a wonderful buy at 8 mil. Pissed that he's at spurs though.

Was a very very happy lad in the pub with my Coleman kit on last night. He did us proud. MOTM.

But dear lord there was just so much space for our forward players to roam. Cahill wasn't standing in the hole clogging up all the space. Our midfielders could actually make forward runs and with 2 strikers one could run the channel and there would still be a target in the middle. Don't get me wrong, Cahill's one of our best players but after last night we cannot go back to 4-4-1-1 just for his sake. Will Moyes learn his lesson?

Fellaini just edges it for me. Re-iterating what most people have already said about him, when he is on form he is an awesome player. A word of praise for Coleman for his all round effort and him and Nevilla negated Bale for the second time this season, Saha had his best game for what seems like an age. Happier days all round and oh! how good was it to see 4-4-2?

Felli was world class. Coleman worked his little irish socks off. Saha actually put in a shift. Distin was solid. Neville beat bale phsycologically. Johnny grew as the game went on. Distin was solid. Becks kept chipping away. Arteta looked more like his old self. Baines was always a threat and coped well with lennon. Piennar showed flashes of brilliance. Howard made a couple of fantastic saves... and Moyes got it tactically spot on!!!