IGNORED

Demba Ba

He missed several good chances against Wigan when I watched him.

See thats my worry. I haven't seen anything the suggests clinical. Couple that with his dodgey knees; he'd be the bad hybrid of Saha and Beckford. Can score when given 300 chances and would literally snap if tackled. Optimism dwindling

There isn't anyone who is free that is better than Ba. It's too bad that we missed out on Klose (knew it was a long shot) and now Ba, who we realistically could've got. There's a saying in the U.S. , beggars can't be choosers, so Ba was about as good as we could do for free transfers... Sell Yak, Bily, Yobo, and consider selling Arteta, Heitinga and others if the right offers come in.

• 6 months later...

Fortunately the rack stopped us buying Mikel Forsell.

I do like the talk of Ba, ahead of Campbell and Bothroyd most certainly. If he's all good on the medical then yep, go for it. His goals to games ratio is very eyecatching...

Years Team Apps† (Gls)†

20052006 Rouen 26 (22)

20062007 Mouscron 12 (8)

20072011 1899 Hoffenheim 97 (37)

2011 West Ham United 12 (7)

Indeed his goals to game ratio is more than exciting.

Nice to see that good old Harry redknapp is acting as an agent for him "his buy out being less than £10m" - if I was a Newcastle fan I would be livid. That said, if we can get £6m for Bily then surely we ain't far off??? I just think the problem is his wages - wasn't he after £70k before going to the barcodes???

they are saying we may go for Ba, even though he won't be fit till april!! maybe its not kenwright that needs to go, its moyes! money or not, is moyes knowledge of football that limited that he can only find 1 loan player in the world, who is not even fit!!

Lol. Don't ya hate it when that happens Pris? laugh.png