IGNORED

Apostolos Vellios

According to some crappy website I looked at to try and get some more info he is a 19yo, tall (191cm) striker who has scored 2 times in 331mins. Sounds like a gem ;)

Also found this from Wikipedia:

"There was a lot of speculation considering Vellios' future during the 2011 winter transfer window. At first, it was Fulham that asked to get Vellios at Craven Cottage, for a 3-day trial, and if he satisfied the club's training staff with his performances, the Cottagers would sign him.[9][10] Vellios finally refused to move to Fulham on trial.[11][12] After that he was liked with a move to Olympiacos.[13] At first it was Iraklis' board of directors that rejected Olympiacos' offer to get Vellios during the transfer window.[14] A few days later Olympiacos approached Vellios to sign him at the end of his contract with Iraklis, in 30 June, but Vellios rejected their offer.[15] After that, Vellios was linked with a move to debt ridden[16][17] AEK.[18][19] While approaching the closing stages of the transfer window Vellios was linked with a move to Serie A club Bologna.[20] He was expected by the club's officials to move to Bologna to pass a medical,[21] but Vellios rejected their offer in 24 January.[22]"

Bit strange how he seemed to turn down every offer? Would also lead me to wait until I see the deal confirmed before believeing we have brought him in.

Edited by Bailey

I love BabelFish...

The vest of Everton time for next the 3,5 [chronia] Apostle [bellios]! Aggressive the Iraklis, which constituted objective of so much AEK, what Olympic, inter alia, it came in agreement with the English association and the dawns of Saturday it will leave for the Great Britain, so that is completed the formal leg of his transcription, which will yield, according to not verified information, 400.00 Euros in Anile. The relative statement “[kyanoleykis]” FC reports: “Then extensive discussion with the side of Apostle [bellioy], it was decided collectively (with base and the disposal for career in the abroad, that has expressed the footballer) that most constructive, so much for the team, what for the himself, it would be the acceptance of proposal, which deposited Everton, for his transcription in the English Association. The following days will exist details with regard to the process of his locomotion in the English team. We wish in the Apostle [bellio] each success in the big step, that it realises.

Clear?

Hi you all Evertonians, i'm from Greece and a heartly fan of Iraklis Salonici F.C. (ex-team of Vellios)

I thought I could do with some promoting of my fav' team ;)

about Vellios, he is an attacker with real potential, but watch out - he may "boast so much" that he may "relax" in his big new transfer.

we can talk further about him since I would like to try and understand him better... +learn a few stuff about the Toffees ;)

(sorry for my english - please someone tell me the right expressions for "relax in my achievements" and "boast extremely due to success"

(sorry for my english - please someone tell me the right expressions for "relax in my achievements" and "boast extremely due to success"

"relax in my achievements" = would mean that he may think he's made it after this transfer.

"boast extremely due to success" = would mean that he may get a big head.

That's my take on it anyway.

Well, I m about sitting the CPE (Cambridge Prof.) and I also visited England last year (Cambridge-London)

(offtopic :P)

You should check his price for value which is excellent...

300.000€ for him is a pretty bargain...

Iraklis faces severe economic problems last years and this situtation has led in the board having to use any option possible to make ends match...

He could have been sold for more than 700k.

• 9 months later...

The time he has spent on the pitch falls just short of 2 games (167 mins) has made 1 start and 8 as sub, he has his 3rd goal and is now our leading goalscorer, considering how shit Saha was today i think its about time he had more starts.

could not agree more, he is the anti saha, young,motivated in every game,loads of effort and goals, even if his goals arnt the best goals ever there a better standard of goal than saha's invisible goals, he is always in the right place=infront of the keeper, saha feels asthough he must sprint with the ball from the halfway line before he can score, tolis just stays up there and waits knowing his time to bang it in will come and thats what we need. leave the build up play to the midfielders and concentrate on gettin it in the net, u could learn a thing or two from this whipper snapper mister saha

The time he has spent on the pitch falls just short of 2 games (167 mins) has made 1 start and 8 as sub, he has his 3rd goal and is now our leading goalscorer, considering how shit Saha was today i think its about time he had more starts.

thought Saha did a loooot of good off the ball work again and that his distribution was nice too.

thought Saha did a loooot of good off the ball work again and that his distribution was nice too.

Couldn't agree more Matt unfortunately with Velios coming on and scoring this was always gonna be the case, if Saha had put one of his chances away he would probably be talked about as man of the match.

I like the looks of this kid tho he has something about him and the fact hes only 19 means he's going to get shitloads better, im saying very little else tho coz he'll more than likely be sold to pay off the bank!

if Saha had put one of his chances away he would probably be talked about as man of the match.

And yet he didn't. Vellios had one chance and took it. That speaks volumes for me. And I don't think he was good at all yesterday, his distribution was woeful because it was non-existent, he just wants to do it all himself and never in the right areas i.e. the oppositions penalty area instead of the centre circle or the frigging wing.

Saha should be an anagram of greedy fucker because that's what he is.

And yet he didn't. Vellios had one chance and took it. That speaks volumes for me. And I don't think he was good at all yesterday, his distribution was woeful because it was non-existent, he just wants to do it all himself and never in the right areas i.e. the oppositions penalty area instead of the centre circle or the frigging wing.

Saha should be an anagram of greedy fucker because that's what he is.

Makes me giggle reading the topics on here, everyone has different views and i dont mean a little different!! Like the anagram you came up with Romey haha.

We laugh in the face of evil, Louis, you should know that.

Too true Romey we laugh in the face of evil coz if we didnt wed cry like little babies, ive seen evil and it scared the shit out of me!!

Louis snigger would've been a much more apt way of wording it mate, remember to read your post before you add it in future Michael!!!

hi guys long time reader first time poster

he put himself as Everton's top scorer for the season yesterday at 19 years of age (averaging a goal every 54 minutes). at the end of the day he is doing it and saha is not. there is probably no one in the league with a better minutes per goal ratio then that, whether you like saha or not there is no denying that this lad is a better striker atm (gettin ball in the net) and therefore deserves to start over saha or next to saha but moyes will never play 442 so it would be instead of saha

Edited by blueboy4eva