IGNORED

Apostolos Vellios

hi guys long time reader first time poster

he put himself as Everton's top scorer for the season yesterday at 19 years of age (averaging a goal every 54 minutes). at the end of the day he is doing it and saha is not. there is probably no one in the league with a better minutes per goal ratio then that, whether you like saha or not there is no denying that this lad is a better striker atm (gettin ball in the net) and therefore deserves to start over saha or next to saha but moyes will never play 442 so it would be instead of saha

Beckford had something similar last season too, doesnt mean hes ready to lead the line yet.

Beckford had something similar last season too, doesnt mean hes ready to lead the line yet.

beckford had 8 goals in 34 games tolis has had 3 in 8 subs and 1 start if he keeps goin thats 9 in 27 1 more then beckford and 7 less appearances, not even close to tolis record but well done for trying to prove me wrong even thoough you failed :D anyone else want to try ??

beckford had 8 goals in 34 games tolis has had 3 in 8 subs and 1 start if he keeps goin thats 9 in 27 1 more then beckford and 7 less appearances, not even close to tolis record but well done for trying to prove me wrong even thoough you failed biggrin.png anyone else want to try ??

compare mins on pitch to goals scored - Beckford was in the the Drogba/Van Persie/Rooney league of goals per mins plyed

Top 5 goal per minute rates

1. Robin Van Persie (Arsenal) – 1 goal per 86.9 minutes (10/869)

2. Chicharito (United) – 1 goal per 94 minutes (Total minutes 9/846)

3. Dimitar Berbatov (United) – 1 goal per 95.9 minutes (19/1823)

4. Carlos Tevez (Manchester City) – 1 goal per 109.5 minutes (18/1971)

5. Jermaine Beckford (Everton) – 1 goal per 114.7 minutes (6/668)

Edited by Matt

compare mins on pitch to goals scored - Beckford was in the the Drogba/Van Persie/Rooney league of goals per mins plyed

Top 5 goal per minute rates

1. Robin Van Persie (Arsenal) – 1 goal per 86.9 minutes (10/869)

2. Chicharito (United) – 1 goal per 94 minutes (Total minutes 9/846)

3. Dimitar Berbatov (United) – 1 goal per 95.9 minutes (19/1823)

4. Carlos Tevez (Manchester City) – 1 goal per 109.5 minutes (18/1971)

5. Jermaine Beckford (Everton) – 1 goal per 114.7 minutes (6/668)

apostolos vellios (everton) - 1 goal per 54 minutes (i win) not bein funny mate if i had said i challange someone to find someone with a better goals to minutes then fine but i only said i dont THINK anyone has a better one then him so dont know why you made a post perposely to try and prove me wrong and then to get your statement/proof wrong aswell. your starting to look abit silly. that is all

apostolos vellios (everton) - 1 goal per 54 minutes (i win) not bein funny mate if i had said i challange someone to find someone with a better goals to minutes then fine but i only said i dont THINK anyone has a better one then him so dont know why you made a post perposely to try and prove me wrong and then to get your statement/proof wrong aswell. your starting to look abit silly. that is all

you completely missed my point, whos silly now? My point is that Beckford had a very good goals/mins played ratio too (I only have stats for last season for obvious reasons, which wasnt to prove you wrong, it was to backup my point), mostly from the bench, but that he wasnt up to the task of leading the front line. I dont think Vellios is up to the task either - yet.

Edited by Matt

you completely missed my point, whos silly now? My point is that Beckford had a very good goals/mins played ratio too (I only have stats for last season for obvious reasons, which wasnt to prove you wrong, it was to backup my point), mostly from the bench, but that he wasnt up to the task of leading the front line. I dont think Vellios is up to the task either - yet.

i do see your point in certain ways but he had alot more starts then vellios with not asmany goals to games, like i said if vellios keeps this form by the time he has played 27 games he would have the same amount of goals as beckford did in 34 so there goals to games ratio is nowhere near comparable so although beckford wasnt ready to lead the line it is not the same as tolis as he is a better goalscorer therefor what im tryin to say is just coz he wasnt ready doesnt mean tolis isnt either

i do see your point in certain ways but he had alot more starts then vellios with not asmany goals to games, like i said if vellios keeps this form by the time he has played 27 games he would have the same amount of goals as beckford did in 34 so there goals to games ratio is nowhere near comparable so although beckford wasnt ready to lead the line it is not the same as tolis as he is a better goalscorer therefor what im tryin to say is just coz he wasnt ready doesnt mean tolis isnt either

He only had more starts because Vellios hasnt played a full season yet! Butok, if he keeps his for i'll go with but its all 'ifs' and 'maybes' for now. I like Vellios and think he could be great but im not going to get over excited until hes got a full season under his belt.

Moyes started him a few weeks back, cant remember who against and unfortunately he could not get into the game and then was subbed. Moyes then come out if everyone remembers and said for now Vellios can be a sub.. And by that he means Vellios is good at getting into these areas but needs to brush up on his all round play.. So saha didnt score but he contributed more is what Moyes (Not me) is probably saying... I for one though am really excited by him

Slightly off topic, when Barkley came on V Bolton, he demanded the ball, i loved watching that and i don't want to draw comparisons but on this i will, it reminded me of Rooney when he had that raw talent demanding the ball, taking shots, muscling past people...

Lads theres a little bit to be excited about in regards to players :D

To go with this basis of a goal every 54 mins then if he plays every league game in a full season he will score 63(.333333) goals. Move over Dixie, there is some on here to take your place!

If only football worked that way. Yes he has scored a few goals from the bench, coming on against tired defenders and making a good impression, but lets not pin all our hopes on the kid. He could play another 30 games this season and not score, every game is different to the last and the next.

So, a youngster has one bad game when he starts and is instantly written off as a starter at the moment, but the likes of Saha and Cahill can go months and months of doing fuck all and that's fine? It makes sense I suppose, youngsters don't need the time to develop into the role at all do they?

Personally, I'd have Saha and Vellios together so Vellios has someone to learn off - "Tolis, you see Louis over there on the left wing trying to take on the entire opposition about to lose the ball in a dangerous area? Don't do that, son. You stay in the box and do what we pay you to do and score the winning goal".

So, a youngster has one bad game when he starts and is instantly written off as a starter at the moment, but the likes of Saha and Cahill can go months and months of doing fuck all and that's fine? It makes sense I suppose, youngsters don't need the time to develop into the role at all do they?

Personally, I'd have Saha and Vellios together so Vellios has someone to learn off - "Tolis, you see Louis over there on the left wing trying to take on the entire opposition about to lose the ball in a dangerous area? Don't do that, son. You stay in the box and do what we pay you to do and score the winning goal".

BOOM!

best post EVER couldnt of said it any better moyes is just far too loyal to his starting xi and refuses to drop someone for bad form only for injury and he needs to learn to pick his best xi not his favourate xi. also i think you will find that tolis and rodwell were the 2 creatores for drenthe's goal in that fulham match

Edited by blueboy4eva

Haha couldn't agree more. I actually thought he did well in the Fulham game though considering the service. Afterall he played a large part in the set up for Drenthe's goal, was integral to us battering them for the first 10 minutes, got into some good positions but unfortunately missed a great chance.

To also be fair to Saha when he came on he also looked very sharp and got us the 3 points. That is how it should be, Saha needs reminding he has competition for his spot and Vellios brings a completely different skill set to the table which needs to be utilised. Im not saying he should be starting every game but get him on the pitch earlier when we need a goal.

Velios has undoubtedly got potential and its true that the only way he is going to learn is by getting minutes on the pitch but no way is he ready to be starting games.

Hangeland had him in his pocket all game at Fulham and IMO it was clear he isnt ready to be starting games yet, if Moyes kept putting him in that situation it would totally destroy his confidence. Its much easier for the lad to come on as a sub and build him up slowly.

Velios has undoubtedly got potential and its true that the only way he is going to learn is by getting minutes on the pitch but no way is he ready to be starting games.

Hangeland had him in his pocket all game at Fulham and IMO it was clear he isnt ready to be starting games yet, if Moyes kept putting him in that situation it would totally destroy his confidence. Its much easier for the lad to come on as a sub and build him up slowly.

Yeah but he ain't going to learn from the bench! Why not give him the whole of the second half? He needs to be the focal point of our attack when he's on the pitch, Cahill is abysmal up there, as much as I like the guy he has not got a clue if he is running beyond Saha, Vellios does.