IGNORED

Apostolos Vellios

I think he's good but personally I've only seen the lad play a couple of times, do you really think he could be a world class striker? I know he's only young but surly he's not that good.

I've never seen so much potential in a young player if I'm being honest. Whenever he comes onto the field he looks like scoring and he has all the attributes that a good striker needs to have (speed, box awareness, scoring abilities) and it's a bug bear of mine that he hasn't been playing as our main striker this season. For me he should have been playing over Louis and if he had I believe we would be much higher in the table.

Good luck to him if he gets loaned to Leicester I just hope and pray that he comes back.

Avinalaff posted that on the 6th December 2011, don't you think it's a bit late to be arguing back?

Even if you are right, Gosling was a complete ball-bag and didn't do much for the club other than scoring in the derby against Liverpool. He seemed to be alright at the basics such as passing and shooting but he was never going to be a world-beater. I wasn't upset when he departed for Newcastle United and he's hardly become a Toon legend.

The same I could say for Rodwell though, god only knows why people would pay in the region of £20,000,000 for him.

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Good player and does a lot on the pitch just thought from some of the reserve games this season he hasn't scored as many as he did last season anyway that's nothing to go on would like to see what he's like at championship level because he's looked very good abd energetic when he comes on great player hopefully if he was to get a loan move he would learn from it and get valuable experience but I can't see this happening without a replacement and even with one we would still only have jelavic anchiebe as our main strikers with Naismith and mirallas who can perform there

Velios also out on loan will further weaken our already weak and inexperienced bench - if him and Barkley are not replaced by better players on the bench we are gambling even more by assuming our regulars will all see us through the season successfully without injury and despite their form - something which i seriously doubt - let us wait and see .......

just read those early posts about this player 2 years ago - he appears to have made no progress since he joined in 2011 - at least as far as gametime is concerned

Velios also out on loan will further weaken our already weak and inexperienced bench - if him and Barkley are not replaced by better players on the bench we are gambling even more by assuming our regulars will all see us through the season successfully without injury and despite their form - something which i seriously doubt - let us wait and see .......

just read those early posts about this player 2 years ago - he appears to have made no progress since he joined in 2011 - at least as far as gametime is concerned

He made the big mistake of putting in extra training trying to learn off one of the most talented number 9's we had in recent memory without permission...

He will plunder goals in at that level.

Maybe if they are loaned out he hasn't got to find an excuse not to play them.

Put it this way, the way jelavic, Naismith, and Neville are playing he would find it tough to justify not playing a Scott gemmill and Brett angel ahead of them.

Feel a little sorry for jelavic, but in a different team he would have been benched by now. In fact, anichebe could be justifiably outraged into to be playing as striker.

They are being loaned out on a month to month basis with the ability to recall them so its a win win situation as far as I can see, they get much needed experience of playing competitive football and we hopefully get better players back because of that experience

Unless of course Moyes has an ulterior motive and he doesnt care about Everton Football Club he is just trying to get rid of them all so that he can play "his favourites" until they are into their 50's

Isn't it time some of you quit with the negatives?

There is a big positive passing most of you by, and that is the fact that if Moyes has sent him out on loan, it firstly means he may feel he is close to being ready (maybe next season) and it also frees up a bit of wages, and space on the bench for another guy.

We are not desperate for strikers that we can't risk loaning Vellios out on a monthly should it be true.

Vellios clearly wouldnt start at the moment anyway so its a good move. Effectively we have Vic, jela and Fellaini (poss Naismith) who would all start in that position ahead of him.

I think that is the issue in question Bailey. For the life of me I can not see how he can be behind Naismith, even when he was played on the right hand side he looked dominant - quick, aggressive, with a great touch and awareness.

I don't believe we are in the position to loan out a striker who can make an impact late on in the game - certainly while Jelavic seems to be rock bottom on confidence. Vic has been a breath of fresh air - but with Vellios off on loan it leaves us very short on options. I would have loaned out Naismith in order for him to get fit/sharp/improve his touch or whatever makes him any better than what he is at the moment - for me he aint an option.

I personally find the timing of these loans strange unless we have people coming in. We have a real chance to push for top 4 and in Barkley and Vellios - 2 impact subs are no longer available.

Vellios hasn't actually gone anywhere as of yet, Haf, it's very much a rumoured move.

lets hope it doesn't and he plays some part in the games. There is a player in there, he looks to have all the attributes to make a top striker. If he isnt to play then yep may as well send him out - but he should be playin.

i have never heard a pessimist/realist complaining that someone is an eternal optimist -

but i have heard countless so called optimists complaining that someone is negative -

my experience is that a pessimist\realist is only an eternal optimist with experience -

the fact that i am 99% properly dressed does not mean nobody may critisize me because my fly is open -

some of us think for ourselves and speak our minds - deal with it or ban us if you find us offensive -

well founded criticism is of much more value than unwarranted compliments -

i value a truthfull enemy more than a false friend - there you have it - take it or leave it

i have never heard a pessimist/realist complaining that someone is an eternal optimist -

but i have heard countless so called optimists complaining that someone is negative -

my experience is that a pessimist\realist is only an eternal optimist with experience -

the fact that i am 99% properly dressed does not mean nobody may critisize me because my fly is open -

some of us think for ourselves and speak our minds - deal with it or ban us if you find us offensive -

well founded criticism is of much more value than unwarranted compliments -

i value a truthfull enemy more than a false friend - there you have it - take it or leave it

What has that load of self clarification bollocks got to do with the Vellios thread? laugh.png

There is no literal or logical accounting for what any member adds to the box above his name. It's just fun. doh.gif

Perhaps Tenacious J should explain to the world who Bob is, or Matt take anger management because of his title? I have 'Eternal Optimist' above my name for no other reason than it sprang to mind at the time, and I don't ask folk to avoid negatives because I am the bearer of all things positive, but because sometimes people need to think outside the box a little.

Somebody clearly stood on your toes didn't they? dont know.gif

Get a grip mate (and perhaps use the quote system more often).

Avinalaf i never mentioned your name mate - an optimist jumps to positive conclusions not negative one's -

but if the negative shoe fits you - wear it with pride -

you asked the following clear question on this Vellios thread : "Isn't it time some of you quit with the negatives ?" - i merely replied thereto and now i get insulted in a very negative way -

tell me where i am wrong don't tell me i should be more positive - that is no argument at all -

i might as well reply and say it is time that some of you quit with the constant positives - same bollox

Avinalaf i never mentioned your name mate - an optimist jumps to positive conclusions not negative one's -

but if the negative shoe fits you - wear it with pride -

you asked the following clear question on this Vellios thread : "Isn't it time some of you quit with the negatives ?" - i merely replied thereto and now i get insulted in a very negative way -

tell me where i am wrong don't tell me i should be more positive - that is no argument at all -

i might as well reply and say it is time that some of you quit with the constant positives - same bollox

Oh for crying out loud mate.

I have 'Eternal Optimist' right above my name, and 3 posts above yours talk about not being negative, and find the positives, and you throw that post in, and then say you didn't mention my name? dont%20know.gif

You're too sensitive to correspond with guys like me mate, trust me. I didn't tell 'you' anything.

Isn't it time some of you quit with the negatives?

There is a big positive passing most of you by, and that is the fact that if Moyes has sent him out on loan, it firstly means he may feel he is close to being ready (maybe next season) and it also frees up a bit of wages, and space on the bench for another guy.

We are not desperate for strikers that we can't risk loaning Vellios out on a monthly should it be true.

anyway Vellios looks a very good player, I think he's already better than Naismith ever was. I am optimistic that he is gonna be class, and realistic enough to accept that Moyes is not ready to trust him.

How much did you know about Naismith before his knee injury, or before he signed for us?

I think folk are far too hard on him.

Vellios is unproven, and hasn't earned didley squat yet, and still he gets praised, and fans yearn for him to play. Fans have already turned on Jelavic, which just shows how fickle people are. Anichebe is the new golden boy after years of hate, and Osman gets a call up despite a decade of negativity from the Everton boo boys, who used to use him and Hibbert as a scapegoat for everything.

Am i allowed to agree av or is that too arse licky? wink.png

I'd much rather vellios played 90 mins every week somewhere else rather than 10 a week here...don't see the negatives at all..i remember he started one game and looked out of his depth..he isn't ready

You can lick my arse any time mate. Just remember though; just because you agree with me, doesn't mean you are right. I might even challenge your agreement. happy.png

i am positively sure that Naismith has proven to some of us that he must certainly have a lot more potential in him than we have seen - being new i suspect he might just be the modest type otherwise we would never ever have signed him - we only buy the best -

Velios on the other hand might even have slightly more potential but it might be that Moyes does not want anybody to know how good he is especially not the fans - we should be very gratefull for the few generous glimpses Moyes has so graciously allowed us to see of him - hiding him in the championship as secret weapon for next season reveals great strategic vision - i am sure nobody will notice his talents there - and i am also positively sure we will not miss him in the squad for the rest of the season - since we have so many great strikers all firing on all cilynders all the time - blessed are we the Everton supporters - never has a team with so little achieved so much !

i hope that is better ...........