IGNORED

Apostolos Vellios

Realistically, he's fourth choice in a 1-striker system. It's doubtful we'll even see him on the bench unless we have a couple of injuries. I always read he doesn't even impress for the U21s though. Ideally, he would go on loan to the Championship. If he does well, we'll give him another opportunity in next preseason. If he doesn't, we let him move on permanently.

Martinez is under pressure to prove Kone is a good addition, so no way are fringe strikers going to get preference at the moment. Jelly has been given a chance to prove he is first choice, and also to not upset the apple cart too much, but if Jelly doesn't score soon, he will become 2nd choice behind Kone.

exactly. im sure he will get a shout at some point. cant displace the "number 1" striker for some reason, then you have the new boy and the young Vic who showed glimpses of promise last season. still think Vellios has a part to play, will be a shame if not.

maybe a loan deal would benefit him :dont know:

There was no humor intentional. I was merely pointing out, Moyes tentative and cautious approaches may be hereditary.

Other than that, I don't really care what Moyes' daughter gets up to, or her love life banalities. I want to see what Vellios can produce for this club on the field, not other sordid escapades. Whether it's a rumor, or whether it's a fact, the bottom line is, so long as it doesn't affect his playing performances then It's a rather mundane and uninteresting subject matter.

I want to see what Vellios can produce for this club on the field, not other sordid escapades.

Why is a (rumoured) relationship between a twenty-one year old man and a nineteen year old woman "sordid" (dictionary definition.....filthy, dirty, squalid, morally degraded)?

Sounds quite a natural state of affairs to me.

What's this, the insomniacs club ?

Ok fair enough, maybe it was a bit strong worded, but you never can tell what kids get up to today. I'm sure Mr Moyes's daughter is a lovely girl. But say again, I'm only concentrating on what Vellios can produce (for this team) as a player, and not his off-field endeavors.

If it is, I have been logging onto the wrong forum for years now!