IGNORED

Apostolos Vellios

Vellios has the difficult job to replace Celtic's Tony Watt and Juve's Mbaye Diagne, who were both a season on loan at Lierse.

Hope he will succeed!

Today he should play his first game against PSV (a friendly). Belgian competition starts next week and keeps improving (10th league in Europe atm).

hope he works out for you. I've also defended him and saw a lot of potential in the lad. If he sorts his attitude out, he could be a decent player :)

I think it was a bit of both. He wasn't that good but was ok yet had an attitude and work ethic like he was Ronaldo. Unfortunately, he will never get a chance again like he had with us.

I'm of the opinion that even if he had an ethic of being a fantastic trainer and brilliant attitude he would still not of made it

He only played 7 minutes against PSV, who won flattered with 0-1.

But from what I've seen from Apostolos, he is very strong in duels (particularly with his head) and pretty fast. He's got a weird style of running though.

Can't say much else at the moment.

Tonight there's a last preparation game at Lommel United where he can play before the competition starts on Saturday.

Edited by Steven_KLSK1906

He only played 7 minutes against PSV, who won flattered with 0-1.

But from what I've seen from Apostolos, he is very strong in duels (particularly with his head) and pretty fast. He's got a weird style of running though.

Can't say much else at the moment.

Tonight there's a last preparation game at Lommel United where he can play before the competition starts on Saturday.

Keep us updated. I've always thought he had something about him, but we'll see.

Keep us updated. I've always thought he had something about him, but we'll see.

Yup. Be interested to see how he does, but moving this out of "Everton" section now and into general.

Cheers Tolis, I'll never forget your "overhead kick" v Spurs :).

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

17:34

FOREST CLOSE ON VELLIOS
Greek side Iraklis have accepted a £950,000 offer from Nottingham Forest for former Everton striker Apostolos Vellios, according to Sky sources.
Vellios has spoken to Forest's directors and is understood to be keen on the offer, but will decide after returning from holiday.
The 24-year-old rejoined the Greek side last summer, scoring 11 goals in 27 games.

17:34

FOREST CLOSE ON VELLIOS
Greek side Iraklis have accepted a £950,000 offer from Nottingham Forest for former Everton striker Apostolos Vellios, according to Sky sources.
Vellios has spoken to Forest's directors and is understood to be keen on the offer, but will decide after returning from holiday.
The 24-year-old rejoined the Greek side last summer, scoring 11 goals in 27 games.

wow how comical. he refused to be loaned to a championship side with us, and yet ends up with one anyways.

wow how comical. he refused to be loaned to a championship side with us, and yet ends up with one anyways.

they've accepted a bid, nothing from him yet. Besides, maybe he's matured a bit and realises he made a mistake.

Edit: sorry, was reading a different article when I said he hadn't said anything :doh:

Edited by Matt

I'll defo give you that, he'll of broken a few Englash girls hears in his time I guarantee it.

I reckon Rom has left a few walkin like John Wayne too. A friend of my mate worked for WBA as an analyst... Rom and Odemwingie had the other lads feeling a bit inadequate.

Then again... if his football is anything to go by he struggles to hold it up.