IGNORED

Apostolos Vellios

Does Vellios contract end this year!? I don't rate Vellios that much. What does it tell you when Lukaku is out and he puts Mirallas as the loan striker. He didn't do anything at Blackpool either. OK he only got two chances but in my opinion I don't think this player is going anywhere. Maybe a lower league club but apart from that I don't think he is a EPL standard.

I might be wrong and lets hope I am but to me I haven't seen much of him to say otherwise.

Hmmm, from this article by the Blackpool club secretary, it sounds like he wasn't recalled by Everton and wasn't sent back by Blackpool.... just made up his own mind to leave!

SATURDAY APRIL 20

"One player who failed to show for training on Good Friday and again today is Apostolos Vellios – having explained the situation to both Everton and the players agent we try and make contact with the player again, and are subsequently told by his agent that he has returned to Everton, however, Everton aren’t aware!"

http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/blackpool-fc/matt-williams-column-everything-may-just-turn-out-fine-1-6588205

If that's how it happened, the lad really hasn't done himself any favours at all.

If this is true, we should stop paying his salary immediately. It's outrageous that someone can simply walk away from their work like this.

I remember when a Greek guy came on here when we first signed him. He said Vellios' atitutde stunk and that he was aloof.

Was he injured when at Blackpool, he only played twice and didn't get a full game.

na they just recognised pretty early that he didnt have the ability.

even when he scored a couple of goals for us he didnt look like he had the ability, he just grabbed us when we were playing poor.

i watched a few reserve matches and he looked like he was being carried then. unfortunately while we all wanted to have found a gem what we really found was a pebble. add his attitude to his average ability and you get a player that just wont make it.

Makes me sick. When I think what we all would do/would have done to get such an opportunity.

Nail on the head here. I'd give me right arm to play for any team, left alone Everton. The fact that he has spunked it all up the world both upsets and irritates me.

With working in Blackpool "sadly" I've spoken to a fair few season ticket holders about his brief spell and they all said the same thing that he was garbage

He apparently put very little effort into training and just looked generally not arsed and uninterested, no time for lads like that who have an opportunity most would dream off and they piss it down the drain.

• 2 months later...