IGNORED

Sunderland (Home)

Romey 1878

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Rubecula, this is a huge match if we win confidence will be high and the table is quite tight above us at the moment. This is a great opportunity to start moving up the table but so was the Bolton match...

And the game after the derby, the game after the United 3-3 match & the draw at Chelski, the list goes on...

But I believe that if we get a decent win on Saturday we will kick on. I hope the lads have got that buzz back. Its just a shame we couldn't bring in another Landon type figure in Jan, I believe with all that boost around we would shoot up this league. It's a different place than last season. A few wins and your right up there!

its true that all we need is a few wins to move up towards those european spots. And its true that there have been a lot of "false dawns" this season. I think the team is just waiting for the season to have a turning point like the past couple of seasons. Maybe they're expecting it to happen rather than trying to make it happen.

Not even going to attempt to predict this one because of how up and down we have been all season.

What I will say is that Sunderland have been pretty tight at the back and unless we have Saha back then I doubt we will score. I would also like to see Rodwell come in for Cahill if he is fit enough and play the same type of role he did against Blackpool.

Scanning one of their forums they're over the moon that he's a doubt (they're convinced he'd score against them even if he played on crutches :P ).

Ive got quite a few Navy mates who are Maccums and if they could take any player out of our side it would be Cahill, he has always scored against them ever since he got the winner for Millwall in the FA Cup semi against them.

I would put him on even if he was in a wheelchair just to put the shits up them!

Is this game what they call a six pointer. Looking at the table, we really needed a win against Bolton the other week, now we really need to win against Sunderland today, if we don't we'll be ten points behind them (7th), with 11 games to play!

Also, considering our 'form' of beating the bigger sides then losing winnable games straight after, I'm a bit worried. I just hope that confidence is high within the team, the crowd are still buzzing after last week and get behind them, and... we have a decent striker on the pitch!! not much to ask, is it?

COYB!

Head-to-head

• David Moyes' side traditionally enjoy their meetings with Sunderland - they have not been beaten by them in 12 Premier League encounters.

• Everton have won their last three home matches against the Black Cats, scoring 12 goals in the process.

• Sunderland's only Premier League win in nine attempts at Goodison Park came on their first trip, in November 1996, with teenage substitute Michael Bridges scoring twice in a 3-1 win.

Everton

• Victory for Everton would be their 1,200th at home in the league, although defeat would see the Toffees become the first Premier League club to lose 100 games at home.

• The Toffees have conceded at least twice in each of their last five league matches. They have kept only one clean sheet in16 games.

• David Moyes is one short of collecting 500 points as a Premier League manager. He would be the fourth manager to reach the milestone after Sir Alex Ferguson, Arsene Wenger and Harry Redknapp.

Sunderland

• The Black Cats have not won a Premier League match in the month of February since 2009; a 2-0 win at home to Stoke, some nine games ago.

• Steve Bruce has never managed a side to victory at Goodison Park in seven league attempts.

• Sunderland have led in each of their last three games but gone on to lose all of them. They have thrown away a league high 20 points this season.

Not confident about this one at all...

Edited by Matt

Again a game we need to grab all 3 points. Anything else will be disaster. We have a bit squadproblems atm(again), but fortunately sunderlands form aint best either, they were looking good 1-2 months ago, but couple injuries have got their form down. I wish we get Felli and Saha at least in team, prolly then 442 with Saha and Becks up. AIn gonna miss vic if he cant make it, but when we are talking about things i dont like, its more likely that hes fit, saha isnt, and becks also will break his leg during warming up.

Howard

Nev-Jags-Distin-Baines

Coleman-Felli(Johnny)-Mikel-Osman

Cahill(Bily)

Becks

If Saha is fit hes in, Cahill out and BIly to left replace Ossie. ANd RUn for Gueye from bench(but this is too much to ask from mr.Moyes)

All right!!! Were ready, my starting XI exactly!! Okay i thought bily is left but still, Ossie were ok last game.

TEAM NEWS: Everton XI to face Sunderland: Howard, Neville, Distin, Jagielka, Baines, Coleman, Arteta, Osman, Fellaini, Beckford, Saha.

COYB

Edited by LexKing