IGNORED

Birmingham (H)

MikeO

Hadn't realised that this is the start of a run of five games against teams in the bottom half of the table, four of which are at home.

Big opportunity if we can just play properly....don't even need to be that great to take big points. Ten is the least we should expect.

Must win on Wednesday, we've not won three leagues games consecutively at all this season so it needs to happen!

:COYBs[1]:

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They'll be on a high following their cup win still i reckon, fuelled further by that battering by battering at West Brom.

Well fought draw i think, its not going to be comfortable. That said, all depends which Everton turns up really...

I dont hold much hope at the moment, our defence looks shaky and they dont look too bad going forward even if they arent scoring many.

We wont be afforded any time and space which is the total opposite of the Newcastle game so this should give us a real sighter as to how productive Arteta will be if he plays out wide.

I dont hold much hope at the moment, our defence looks shaky and they dont look too bad going forward even if they arent scoring many.We wont be afforded any time and space which is the total opposite of the Newcastle game so this should give us a real sighter as to how productive Arteta will be if he plays out wide.

They are even worse than us going forward, in fact they are the lowest scoring side in the Prem

2-0 Everton

Surely he wouldn't go 442 away but go back to 451 at home?

Hopefully not but you can never tell.

He's talking about shifting Mikel back into the middle.

Thinks..."Arteta's been shite in the middle all season so I shifted him wide and he was brilliant, maybe I should move him back into the middle..." :dont know: .

They are even worse than us going forward, in fact they are the lowest scoring side in the Prem

2-0 Everton

When I say going forward I actually mean the process of creating chances and getting the ball in the area. In their last two games which I have seen most of both, they created opportunites but didnt finish it off (like us I guess), which is why I added 'even if they arent scoring many'.

Against a solid defence we have been poor at creating genuine attempts and generally Birmingham have been solid defensively, and if they hassle us like they did to Arsenal then I expect us to get beaten soundly. If they give us some space, or we get into their faces then we have a decent chance.

Thinks..."Arteta's been shite in the middle all season so I shifted him wide and he was brilliant, maybe I should move him back into the middle..." :dont know: .

I literally feel like slapping myself in the face to make sure I'm actually awake after reading that.

nah, he needs to stay wide, if we can't beat brum, then god help us, 2-0 Everton(i hope)

Birmingham have won one cup, and will beat Bolton in their next FA cup game....all this cup glory is really going to impead prem survival!!

We have no such problem :unsure:

Clean sheet and a win.Playing Birmingham always makes me think of Bob Latchford, have we ever lost to them since thoes days when he always scored against them?

Birmingham have won one cup, and will beat Bolton in their next FA cup game....all this cup glory is really going to impead prem survival!!

We have no such problem :unsure:

Clean sheet and a win.Playing Birmingham always makes me think of Bob Latchford, have we ever lost to them since thoes days when he always scored against them?

Normally i would agree with you, but we have a habit of finding/creating problems, but hopefully 2-0 win though COYB

Edited by theprisoner

Howard, Hibbert, Distin, Jagielka, Baines, Arteta, Rodwell, Osman, Heitinga, Saha, Beckford.

Subs: Mucha, Bilyaletdinov, Baxter, Duffy, Mustafi, Anichebe, Coleman.

Foster, Carr, Johnson, Jiranek, Ridgewell, Bowyer, Bentley, Larsson, Mutch, Beausejour, Jerome.