IGNORED

Sheffield Utd

c1982

Give some players a chance...

....................Howard...................

Neville...Heitinga..Jags/Distin...Baines

.......Felli....Arteta.....Barkley.......

...Baxter.......................Beckford...

......................Velios...................

...if they perform well give them a run out against Blackburn, if they don't at least we saw something a little different!

We need to face that we don't have a winger in the whole squad so lets play with 3 up top - how moyes played at Preston.

Jags/Distin combo makes too many mistakes - we rarely kept a clean sheet last season, give the world cup finalist centre back a go in his favoured position.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give some players a chance...

....................Howard...................

Neville...Heitinga..Jags/Distin...Baines

.......Felli....Arteta.....Barkley.......

...Baxter.......................Beckford...

......................Velios...................

...if they perform well give them a run out against Blackburn, if they don't at least we saw something a little different!

We need to face that we don't have a winger in the whole squad so lets play with 3 up top - how moyes played at Preston.

Jags/Distin combo makes too many mistakes - we rarely kept a clean sheet last season, give the world cup finalist centre back a go in his favoured position.

Wouldnt disagree with anything you have said there, although I never realised he played 3 up top with Preston! He now baffles me even more!?

Wouldnt mind seeing Duffy back there with Heitinga, but I wouldnt start Arteta, he is gradually becoming the one player who pisses me off most. Id stick with the young lads of Rodwell and Barkley getting forward with Fellaini patrolling in behind.

I'd love to see Shane get a chance in this game. Heard he was solid against Bohs alongside Heitinga and I can say he was absolutely outstanding in Ireland's last U21 game with Austria. It would do his confidence wonders if Moyes gave him the nod for a competitive game.

I'd love to see Shane get a chance in this game. Heard he was solid against Bohs alongside Heitinga and I can say he was absolutely outstanding in Ireland's last U21 game with Austria. It would do his confidence wonders if Moyes gave him the nod for a competitive game.

As we have a lot of new members I think it'd be worth pointing out the fact (that some won't know) that Noddy is Shane's cousin, so we've had the inside track on Duffy since he signed for us....another ToffeeTalk exclusivecool.png .

Markduff is another family member who's on regularly.

You're more famous than anyone on Celebrity Big Brother Noddy mate....who are those peopleunsure.png ?

I've seen myself quoted around the interweb so I must be!

this is not a game to experiment with we must play our strongest team get it won then make changes.

its imperative to get a win under our belts.

I'd agree with this, although I'd argue that form should be penalised and rewarded. Barkley for example slotted straight into the first team without having "proved himself" at the highest level. Now Barkley is undoubtedly an amazing talent but there is plenty of talent at Everton worthy of a chance.

I'd agree with this, although I'd argue that form should be penalised and rewarded. Barkley for example slotted straight into the first team without having "proved himself" at the highest level. Now Barkley is undoubtedly an amazing talent but there is plenty of talent at Everton worthy of a chance.

Definitely agree with that.

Dunno what to think about this yet. I think LC is our best chance to achieve something this season. Would like to see youngsters and Mucha playing, but i think we need to pick up best possible 11, cause we need to get a win ASAP. Qpr game were abysmal, even we had crossbar and some open headers at first half. We were so clueless on second half that we have to give best players all minutes what are possible, so they get full match fit.

Need to play an attacking line up. Need to go at them from the off, play the ball around on the deck and attack relentlessly. Would like to see Heitinga and Duffy in the back to see what that looks like. Needs to be at least 2 up front. No Cahill. Probably won't be able to watch this, but I'll be checking the live text every 45 seconds or so.

We must play football. No hoofing. The lads need to remember how to play as a team and we need a win.

Sod it play three up front, Beckford, for a confidence boost, Saha for sharpness and Velios for match time with him in the middle. 7-0 victory, optimism optimism optimism is my key thought for the week. Rodwell will be able to dominate the midfield as he did against Huddersfiled last year with Barkley and Osman offering support. The defence of Hibbert, Heittinga, Duffy and Baines will easily cope with what Sheff Utd have to offer. Easy this managing lark isn't it?

according to Moyes Cahill is ill, Saha might not be match fit and Beckford has injured his knee.

When they say Saha isn't match fit do they mean he played 20 minutes on Saturday and didn't bother to run anywhere so he's probably incapable?

And Beckford hurt his knee because that's generally what he used to control the ball all game!

Mucha

Neville Duffy (any one of the 3 centre backs) Baines

Fellaini

Anichebe Barkley Rodwell Osman

Saha Vellios

I actually struggled to think of who could fill this team out, Baxter could get a game though I'm not sure where his best position is. Saha I included as the best way to get match fit is to play matches!

Rodwell has been shite but needs a run in the team playing in the same position ideally to find out if he's actually any good and can settle into the team.

according to Moyes Cahill is ill, Saha might not be match fit and Beckford has injured his knee.

When they say Saha isn't match fit do they mean he played 20 minutes on Saturday and didn't bother to run anywhere so he's probably incapable?

And Beckford hurt his knee because that's generally what he used to control the ball all game!

Mucha

Neville Duffy (any one of the 3 centre backs) Baines

Fellaini

Anichebe Barkley Rodwell Osman

Saha Vellios

I actually struggled to think of who could fill this team out, Baxter could get a game though I'm not sure where his best position is. Saha I included as the best way to get match fit is to play matches!

Rodwell has been shite but needs a run in the team playing in the same position ideally to find out if he's actually any good and can settle into the team.

I would hope we would win with this team, although Im not sure Sheffield Utd would let us play with 12 men!