IGNORED

Mikel Arteta transfer reactions

MikeO

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Class at his best, hope he bags a load of cash and continues to disappoint. £10m could be a steal for them, I doubt it though as I feel he has had a rough injury.

I can't wish him to do well at arsenal as the way they have gone about business of recent stinks.

Always will have great memories, cheers mikky.

One of the best we've had..Its not his fault arsenal went about it wrong. He has given us some great moments..hope he thrives at Arsenal and finally gets his cap

He had 4 years left on his contract? It wasn't arsenal choice, it wasn't artetas, the club will have you believe that. Reports saying evertons net spend over past ten years is zero, if true the clubs finances need investigation.

Honestly its gutting to see him leave but how can we expect top players to stay when our chairman seems incompetent to everyone except himself. i fear for us now i really do. Best of luck to arteta, but its a very sad day for a club that once looked down at others who are now laughing at us

Cant say i'm not gonna miss the guy, because i will. I (being one of the younger generation on here) grew up with him being one of my heroes, always seemed to have a little bit of class about himself, but over the last 2 years i think its been evident to a lot of people that he simply isnt the same player we used to know and love, so with the absolute mess we are in, it probably made good business sense looking at it. £10m for a 29 year old who wanted to leave and had clearly seen his best days.... All the best Mikky, the best little spaniard we knew..

Good luck on the bench Mikkel. And enjoy the pay cut. You got lucky a lot of the time. Not hard to score a penalty. Remember last year when you went missing for long periods at the start of the season and the season before. Good riddance.

Bitter Evertonians huh? Give it a rest mate. Can't a player leave Everton just for once without fans having a go?

Good luck on the bench Mikkel. And enjoy the pay cut. You got lucky a lot of the time. Not hard to score a penalty. Remember last year when you went missing for long periods at the start of the season and the season before. Good riddance.

What a bellend of a post that was.

Mikel will be missed and if I was in his situation then I would have done the same. He's going to be given Champions League (maybe Europa the way this season is going so far) and a chance at winning the Premiership in a team that is known for being one of the best in the country. Even though he is under fire at the moment there is no doubt the skill and wisdom that Wenger has and this will only benefit the player himself.

I think we should be thankful for what he has done at this club because he's done an awful lot.

And just to add, it's not hard to score from 12 yars no, but when you're doing it in front of 40,000 people in the last minute of the game knowing how much the goal would mean to your team, fans and family then I think it would become a lot harder. Give the man a break for fucks sake its not like he's done a Nick Barmby.

Still a legend, good luck at Arsenal.

Follow, follow, follow....

ur a fuckin retard. nothing worse than a bitter idiot who talks shit just so he can say something. arteta, good luck mate. hope u win alot and finaly get the caps u deserve

Also another reason which I'd forgot about as to why he would want to move. Being from Spain it is obviously his ambition to play for the Spanish team. He simply isn't going to get that at Everton because he has tried and failed for the past 5 years or so that he has been here. His service here has been good, and even though he went 'missing' last season he still made up for it with all the outstanding goals/assists/moves that he made on the pitch in the other games.

He is class and always will be, I wish him the best at Arsenal. Hope to see him scoring at the weekend.

Also another reason which I'd forgot about as to why he would want to move. Being from Spain it is obviously his ambition to play for the Spanish team. He simply isn't going to get that at Everton because he has tried and failed for the past 5 years or so that he has been here. His service here has been good, and even though he went 'missing' last season he still made up for it with all the outstanding goals/assists/moves that he made on the pitch in the other games.

He is class and always will be, I wish him the best at Arsenal. Hope to see him scoring at the weekend.

Dont think this move will make a difference to his International career if im honest. Spain are blessed with some of the best attacking midfielders out there... I Love Mikky, but he isnt good enough. He's got Busquets, Xavi, iniesta, fabregas, Alonso, Martinez and Thiago who are all way ahead of him talent wise.

Edited by GoodisonRoad

He might not be good enough to get into the Spain team, I myself don't think that he will get a cap because of the players that you have mentioned there. What I was trying to say was that with Arsenal he has a much better chance to get into the squad because with Champions League games generally comes caps due to being noticed on a European scale. Champions League football was something which was unfortunatly very breif at Everton.

Dont think this move will make a difference to his International career if im honest. Spain are blessed with some of the best attacking midfielders out there... I Love Mikky, but he isnt good enough. He's got Busquets, Xavi, iniesta, fabregas, Alonso, Martinez and T

hiago who are all way ahead of him talent wise.

ur probably right and its a pity because he'd be a shoe in in most international teams

some very good memories of arteta, hes gone now, wasnt the same player last year. however still got dedicated and young quality players coming through who want to play for everton and want to drive the team forward, people like ossie, the blue kangaroo, barkley, coleman, rodwell. as one door closes another opens.

lets see how the team performs till january and then lets go get that proven goalscorer we need and spend the transfer kitty to build a squad to get us where we should be, in europe.

COYB!!

Arteta in a red shirt might be a totally different animal than Arteta in a blue shirt. We've had the International debate, but it's up to Mickey to find his feet and impress. That's all he can do. Many of the so called Galactico's might not be so galactic had they played for us, so time will tell. It's easier to look good playing for Barcelona than it is for Everton. I'd be interested to see how Xavi would get on playing for Stoke.

Just had a debate on FB. Basically as much as I respect him, still love him & will miss him, my discrepancies lay with the timing of his move. Asking to leave when he did etc.

But the pull of Arsenal is a big one, even if they did get twated 8-2 at the weekend, CL Football and all.

I want him to flop at Arsenal, not because I dislike him now but because I dislike Arsenal.

Follow, Follow, Follow!

Alright lads? I am an Arsenal fan and come here in peace. Just wanted to get your opinion on Arteta. How do you think he'll fit in at Arsenal and what do you think he brings to our squad? I am a little worried by his injury record, is he really quite injury prone?

Good luck to your club for the season. I have a soft corner for Everton and think their fans are awesome. Oh, and Moyes is a class act and an superb manager.