IGNORED

Mikel Arteta transfer reactions

MikeO

Please read the executioner's bong's blog on life without Arteta:

http://theexecutione...final-analysis/

Excellent article.I would agree with the analysis.

We had the best of him I reckon. A change of scenery may freshen him up a bit and then Arsenal may find they have a bit of value for the fee, however if he plays for them like he did for us recently then we did well to get 10mill. The 4 year contract they offered him is about all they will get, he will be 33 at the end of contract

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

arteta

couldn't he have put a transfer request in then?

That actually makes me angry with the club and Moyes tbh. If they knew there was big interest in him a few days before it all happened then we had ample time to line up a replacement incase they came up with the money we wanted or Mikel asked to leave.

They can't hide behind not having enough time IMO.

That actually makes me angry with the club and Moyes tbh. If they knew there was big interest in him a few days before it all happened then we had ample time to line up a replacement incase they came up with the money we wanted or Mikel asked to leave.

They can't hide behind not having enough time IMO.

I did make that opinion to j. Not that he is wrong to go on what we are told, I just dont believe a word that comes out of that club.

A few days before, big interest comes in??? Hello?! Succession planning? Maybe there wasn't a need in the centre (my opinion), but why come out with a load of bull moyes?

Ffs the way the club made it sound was arsenal found £10m down the back of the sofa

Did we even try for sturridge?

We know kenwright does his best for the club mikel, just in the way Kevin kilbane did for us, you wouldn't want him at arsenal would you?

Edited by Hafnia

Whilst we have the Arteta thread here, just thought I would get something off my chest - one of the best moments in a blue shirt was ruined by an idiot in the pub. The moment being his goal against fiorentina.

This numpty thought it would be a great idea to listen to the match commentary on the radio when the TV signal was 5 seconds behind - so what happens he jumps up and down whilst what we see is the ball being in play, I turned and told him to do one, in doing so missed the moment. He stole it from me... and the annoying thing is you know how good that moment is,

So yeah, cheers Mikky great goal, great moment but some absolute beaut stole it.

actually gave me an idea for a thread...

I have put this in the other Arteta thread but its locked. doh.gif

I didn't say a lot during this transfer window because we where linked with almost every footballer in the country and i was fed up with it, there was also a lot of arguments with several members falling out, so i am glad i didn't get involved in either.

It was a treat to get in two players who hadnt been mentioned by anyone, and we even caught Harry Rednap by surprise, it was too late for him to snatch them off us, (Harry wants to sign every player we are interested in).

The main transfer deal that did happen was Mikel to Arsenal, i know that I, along with lots of other people were sad to see him go, but being honest even the ardent lovers of the Spaniard will agree that he hadnt been at his best for some time.

£10 million pounds was a good deal for Everton, its still 5 times what we paid for him and we have had the best of him.

Goodbye Mikel i hope you enjoy the rest of your career, and thanks for some good memories.

I have put this in the other Arteta thread but its locked. doh.gif

I didn't say a lot during this transfer window because we where linked with almost every footballer in the country and i was fed up with it, there was also a lot of arguments with several members falling out, so i am glad i didn't get involved in either.

It was a treat to get in two players who hadnt been mentioned by anyone, and we even caught Harry Rednap by surprise, it was too late for him to snatch them off us, (Harry wants to sign every player we are interested in).

The main transfer deal that did happen was Mikel to Arsenal, i know that I, along with lots of other people were sad to see him go, but being honest even the ardent lovers of the Spaniard will agree that he hadnt been at his best for some time.

£10 million pounds was a good deal for Everton, its still 5 times what we paid for him and we have had the best of him.

Goodbye Mikel i hope you enjoy the rest of your career, and thanks for some good memories.

Pre-season on forums is always nothing but arguments. The last few days of the transfer window always serves to augment everybody's frustrations.

Having a break during this time is a good idea.

Hands up how many have an interest in how he gets on at Arsenal, and to see if he truly can reach greatness there?

I for one am really interested to see his first few games for the arse, be really interesting to see if the past 18 months have been not so good because his heart wasn't with the club or whether he has lost some of his skill an ability and it worked out a good deal for us

Hands up how many have an interest in how he gets on at Arsenal, and to see if he truly can reach greatness there?

Yes, I will be certainly be watching him play in any big Champions League matches they get through to - will be interesting to see how Mikel gets on at that level. I hope he does well and also gets his long desired Spanish cap - but suspect he won't get that.

There are enough people criticising the club at the moment (some but not all of it is fair) - but if you are inclined to think positively, in the last few days we have reduced our debt by about 25% - for the long term well being of our football club that is positive. Our club IS in a healthier state than the vast majority of British football clubs, that should be kept in mind.

Yes, I will be certainly be watching him play in any big Champions League matches they get through to - will be interesting to see how Mikel gets on at that level. I hope he does well and also gets his long desired Spanish cap - but suspect he won't get that.

There are enough people criticising the club at the moment (some but not all of it is fair) - but if you are inclined to think positively, in the last few days we have reduced our debt by about 25% - for the long term well being of our football club that is positive. Our club IS in a healthier state than the vast majority of British football clubs, that should be kept in mind.

Yes, indeed.

Probably not the best place to mention this, but nethertheless, I was informted by one of my Soton supporting mates that we had made serious enquiries about Lallana once the sale of Arteta was going through. Normally I would be like 'yeh yeh of course' but he had said that Soton were already searching for a replacement incase the deal went through (someone from REading I believe), which it didnt because we ran out of time.

I dont know the amount it would have been for, but considering Moyes has said cash will be available, it does give the impression that we may have had a pop at getting someone in last minute, and Lallana does look a cracking player. However, I very much doubt Moyes would have had enough to buy him. I appreciate this may well be bullshit, and I dont want to get anyone's hopes up for January!

Back to Arteta, I thought the interview he gave was a class touch. Most players leave without so much as a goodbye, but Mikel took the time to speak to Everton TV and then do a full piece for Sky. I wish him all the best, and I genuinely think he will be successful at Arsenal.

I have zero interest in how he gets on there. If he does well then fine, if he fails miserably then that's just as fine.

Not because I'm bitter, but because he's an Arsenal player and I don't care how Arsenal do.

I have zero interest in how he gets on there. If he does well then fine, if he fails miserably then that's just as fine.

Not because I'm bitter, but because he's an Arsenal player and I don't care how Arsenal do.

Don't you ever watch a World Cup game, or Champions League game, and enjoy the match, with perhaps even a slight support for the competing team?

I regularly watch Barcelona games and hope they win.

But, they are not Arsenal, and, like I said, I don't care how Arsenal do.

Why would you hope a team like Barcelona win? Are you from Barcelona? For me, they're just another cash rich club who buy success. I'd rather they got beat 8-0 every match if I'm honest.

Why would you hope a team like Barcelona win? Are you from Barcelona? For me, they're just another cash rich club who buy success. I'd rather they got beat 8-0 every match if I'm honest.

Yes cash rich, but you've got to admire how many players they've actually brought on themselves. Barca play football how it should be played - they should be watched and enjoyed.

I read somewhere that Barca got a piece of the fee too.

Most likely, it would be FIFA Training Compensation and Solidarity Payment system because he was brought up in their academy.

Rangers and PSG would be able to claim some too.

The Premier League claim 5% too (500k)