IGNORED

Saint Bill talking to 3 possible investors .

Noble Savage

I have doubts, talking to potential buyers is not the same as selling the club & neither Harry Harris nor Soccernet are the best source for info anyway. I'll be more convinced when it appears on a news source that I take seriously.

Carry on as before until the club's sold

A close friend of Kenwright's told ESPNsoccernet: "It is laughable that some fans are demanding that someone comes in to sell the club when Bill is trying so hard to bring in fresh investment. Let me tell you there is no better salesman, no-one better equipped to sing the praises of Everton and to sell the club."

A close friend indeed...

A close friend of Kenwright's told ESPNsoccernet: "It is laughable that some fans are demanding that someone comes in to sell the club when Bill is trying so hard to bring in fresh investment. Let me tell you there is no better salesman, no-one better equipped to sing the praises of Everton and to sell the club."

A close friend indeed...

Given BK's theatrical background, it wouldnt surprise me if he chucked on a wig, some lippy and put a couple of socks up his top before going to see the ESPN reporter!

Given BK's theatrical background, it wouldnt surprise me if he chucked on a wig, some lippy and put a couple of socks up his top before going to see the ESPN reporter!

It was Jenny seagrove, she seen the number of phone calls made to the Manchester bed sit to the head of ici and thought it was time to stick up for her man.

...neither Harry Harris nor Soccernet are the best source for info anyway..

Wouldn't say that...

"Harris, regarded as one of the country's top football writers......is one of the UK's highest-profile football writers. He has had a series of scoops over the years, breaking stories such as the shock departure of Kenny Dalglish from Newcastle and the appointment of Ruud Gullit on the same day in 1999.

He was also the first journalist to break the story of Roy Keane's dramatic departure from the Irish World Cup squad in 2002."

http://www.guardian....ssandpublishing

That was all before the he left the Express by "mutual consent" after writing libel that cost them a fortune. Since then, none of the newspapers will touch him & he can only get a job with Soccernet. I'd be surprised if his contacts are still good

so hang on, let me get this straight. Bill gets stick for not finding a buyer despite spending years looking (even the BU initial interview conceded that) and now that there might be a few people interested its convenient?! Jeez. Rock? Hard Place?

Edited by Matt

That was all before the he left the Express by "mutual consent" after writing libel that cost them a fortune. Since then, none of the newspapers will touch him & he can only get a job with Soccernet. I'd be surprised if his contacts are still good

If every tabloid journo who lost their employers a libel case was sacked there'd be none of them left (please!!!)....he actually stay with the Express (spit) for seven months after the case anyway so seems possible it wasn't the only reason.

As to "only" getting a job with Soccernet....it's part of ESPN so hardly a Mickey Mouse operation (well actually it is....it's owned by Disneysmile.png ).

I don't trust Harry Harris or Soccernet at all & know a few who feel the same. The article is pure flattery & reads like a puff piece designed to get the author in with the club. There's no named source or any detail that could be pinned down. It's not being repeated across any of the respectable papers & the timing is remarkably convenient for a club who want the protest to be a failure. So,to be honest, I think it's crap - as is 99% of what appears on Soccernet.

The Disney gag made me laugh though

If every tabloid journo who lost their employers a libel case was sacked there'd be none of them left (please!!!)....he actually stay with the Express (spit) for seven months after the case anyway so seems possible it wasn't the only reason.

As to "only" getting a job with Soccernet....it's part of ESPN so hardly a Mickey Mouse operation (well actually it is....it's owned by Disneysmile.png ).

i bet you been saving that one up for a while, eh mike :)

In the space of a day we have had the news of Kenwright talking to 3 potential buyers and that Bill works his socks off looking, Neville telling us how great Moyey is and Everton are lucky he hasn't gone to a big club, and to cap it off Robert "absolutely" Elstone with this: (it's a bit like E$verton on deadline day - just a load of bull really...)

Everton’s Chief Executive Robert Elstone has hit back at critics suggesting Goodison Park officials should move immediately to appoint an interim board of directors to process any potential sale of the Club.

He told evertonfc.com: "The board of directors, myself as the CEO and the senior management all have an ongoing responsibility to do what is right by Evertonians. The suggestion of a completely new group of individuals coming in and essentially doing what the current board is doing is risible and completely unnecessary.

"Everton Football Club is for sale, despite accusations to the contrary. This has been the case for three years and it will remain the case until such time as someone is found with the finances capable of ensuring we can compete at the very highest level of the game both at home and in Europe.

"Whilst the Club is for sale, we have also overseen substantial and tangible progress in the last five years both on and off the pitch.

“We have signed record sponsorship deals, and hugely increased our income alongside achieving an average league position of sixth.

“In terms of the number of games played, it has also been the most prolific period of European football in the Club’s history and we have invested in building our best squad of players since the mid-1980’s.”

Mr Elstone has maintained throughout his tenure at the Club that all resources at his disposal have been and will continue to be directed towards manager David Moyes to assist in the building and development of the squad.

He added: "Finances, as they do across the vast majority of football clubs, remain tight and attracting the investment required to deliver the success our supporters deserve remains a difficult task - but it is one the board and the professionals brought in by the Club are fully engaged with.

"We are not where we want to be – we will always want more - but it is now time to pull together in the same direction and not fracture. Everton is at its strongest when we stand together."

"The job will continue in earnest and we need to get on with that job - the search for new investment and the continued mission to support David Moyes and his ambitions for the team on the pitch.”

I actually feel sort of sorry for the no doubt highly paid elstone, anyway....

• The club has been for sale for 3 years?
  • We have made record sponsorship deals - compared to what? Our previous comparitively shite record?
  • In terms of the number of game played it has been the most prolific period of European football in the clubs history... well step aside Kendall, Harvey and Ball, cos you have been owned by Hibbert, Beattie and Johnson. FFS - does he write that crap aimed at kids collecting Panini stickers?
  • Continued mission to support David Moyes... well take a bow Bobby lad, you one day may be standing up wearing a blue tie at a party conference in Blackpool.

What don't you like about it?

recycled quotes more than anything. Wouldve rather they come out with something a little more.... i dont know... meatier, rather than another a bunch of high level cliches that reveal nothing new.

Fair play to BU though, at least they got some response from the board.

Edited by Matt

• Sale for 3 years? Or for 11 years? Elstone & Kenwright should have a chat & get their story straight
  • It's a club record if a sponsorship deal is worth more than the previous one. On the other hand, it's a bloody disgrace if it isn't
  • European competitions involve more games than they used to & 7 teams qualify now instead of 3. How is any of this attributable to Elstone?
  • Name me a club who doesn't aim to support their manager. It's doing it without bankrupting the club that is the trick