IGNORED

Andy Gray

Andy Townsend, absolute shite, never shuts up and thinks he fucking knows everything

On the commentatting front it was hilarious to watch Jamie Redknapp who was delighted at Cities win and that shit Gary Neville who looked like he was going to cry. They were being asked about the game just before half six and to see the different expressions was so funny i dislike Redknapp but hats off to him for making Neville look a right prick!!

Never liked David Pleat - nicely spoken and gentle etc but just seems biased like Alan bloody Green

As for Neville... clearly I'm a City fan but I have to say, I have to praise him. He's been as 'fair' as he can be on matches he's been a pundit on. Much better than I'd ever have expected. Yes it could not have been easy for him yesterday, but he DID joke about in saying 'can't we just move on to Chelsea v QPR?'

Redknapp seemed VERY happy - not sure why - I must be missing some allegiance there (his Liverpool allegiance perhaps?). I don't mind Redknapp as a rule. Seems ok in general.

• 1 year later...

One thing I hate about this forum is the dragging up old threads from years ago

I don't understand why....if you use the "view new content" icon you just get to see what's new; whether the previous post was made five minutes or five years previously is irrelevant isn't it? You won't even know unless you make a conscious effort to lookhuh.png .

I don't understand why....if you use the "view new content" icon you just get to see what's new; whether the previous post was made five minutes or five years previously is irrelevant isn't it? You won't even know unless you make a conscious effort to lookhuh.png .

It drives me up the wall Mike, really.

It's cool if the thread is reasonably recent, but needing to search for old threads just to post an everyday thing is nothing but anal and OCD.

The amount of times I read the title of a thread, when I see it in the list, and think it is 'new news' only to find it's 3 years old makes me want to throttle the poster for not starting a fresh thread. Topics such as 'Takeover imminent' for example, should be closed.

Hypothetical example:

1. Moyes in talks with Barcelona over coaching role.

Where would you put it? It needs it's own discussion, surely? Not, to be merged with the 'Moyes leaving' thread, or the 'If Moyes goes' thread etc etc.

2. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2307134/Leon-Osman-contract-talks-stall.html

The last place you would stick that is in a thread called Osman, that was started over a silly transfer to Liverpool rumour 2 years ago.

http://www.toffeetalk.com/index.php?/topic/23679-osman/

Which was why I had a go at Romey for doing so.

There is categorization and there is complete anality. New news deserves a new thread. That's why it's called NEWs after all. Associated 'same topic' news should be merged. Having a 'Neville' thread should not mean every future article on Neville gets merged with it.

New threads are good for the forum, as it keeps members interested. Adding things to old threads often means members can't be arsed to open them, as they may not have a liking for a thread, or might see the title and know they're not interested.

Also, calling a thread 'Osman' doesn't help you regarding the search engine. Calling it 'Leon Osman scores against Liverpool' will get you traffic.

Edited by Avinalaff

I had a look in on this thread thinking there may be something about Andrew Gray ?

If someone has an issue with old threads, there could be some level of disappointment later this day.

Have you found the 'Creation Of The Universe' thread Dalz?

If so, what are you going to add to it?

"Today, in 124354666765456565555454553345 BC ..... there was a big fucking bang" ? crying.gif

I haven't had a bang for about three days now

No, something important must come to the fore again. It's a special day. Too bad if someone doesn't approve. But here is not the place for it.

This is a thread about Andrew Gray. One of the most recognized and capable players of the last 30 years of team history so just leave it at that.

Apologies to Mr Gray

I haven't had a bang for about three days now

No, something important must come to the fore again. It's a special day. Too bad if someone doesn't approve. But here is not the place for it.

This is a thread about Andrew Gray. One of the most recognized and capable players of the last 30 years of team history so just leave it at that.

Apologies to Mr Gray

No mate.

It's a thread about Andy Gray - shite pundit.

Try reading the damn thing for once. dont%20know.gif

It drives me up the wall Mike, really.

It's cool if the thread is reasonably recent, but needing to search for old threads just to post an everyday thing is nothing but anal and OCD.

The amount of times I read the title of a thread, when I see it in the list, and think it is 'new news' only to find it's 3 years old makes me want to throttle the poster for not starting a fresh thread. Topics such as 'Takeover imminent' for example, should be closed.

If only we had a search function on the site that would find the old thread in around 1.5 seconds.........oh wait a minute.

Clicking the icon to the left of the thread title will take you to the new stuff, like mike said, its really easy.

Also, keeps the server healthy.

EDIT: i also like the fact he laughed at the shite.

Edited by StevO

• 2 years later...