• Louis Saha
    • Tim Cahill
    • Seamus Coleman

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Independent liked Royston a bit...

"...one clear trend was the decisive contributions of Drenthe, which won Everton the game. The Dutch 24-year-old, on loan from Real Madrid, thumped Everton into a third-minute lead before setting up their two winning goals. His touch was the best on the pitch and, allied with his stocky physique, he was always able to push past challenges and into space. He showed identifiable flashes of the 20-year-old who won "Golden Player" at the 2007 European Under-21 Championship, enticing Real Madrid to pay Feyenoord €14m (£12.2m) for him."

...although they acknowledge that he left Hibbo exposed at times.

Gone for Royston. It seems he is very much a popular figure at the club and enjoys the banter - long may it continue, would be made up to see him sign as a free agent. Has the touch of unpredictability we so much need, certainly look to be a big crowd favourite.

Just hope moyes learns how to manage a 'big time' mentality type player. Loads of flair, the most i've seen since rooney, that to me is a problem with Moyes. Usually he would have a team of Kilbanes ahead of this type of player. It may well be worth seeing how he could do in a free role and have rodwell shadowing him to pick up the spaces left.

Gone for Royston. It seems he is very much a popular figure at the club and enjoys the banter - long may it continue, would be made up to see him sign as a free agent. Has the touch of unpredictability we so much need, certainly look to be a big crowd favourite.

Just hope moyes learns how to manage a 'big time' mentality type player. Loads of flair, the most i've seen since rooney, that to me is a problem with Moyes. Usually he would have a team of Kilbanes ahead of this type of player. It may well be worth seeing how he could do in a free role and have rodwell shadowing him to pick up the spaces left.

dry.pnghuh.pngwacko.png

How do you work that out?

You have just said we havent had a player like that since Rooney (who Moyes played by the way) so how could Moyes be playing the Kilbanes of this world ahead of this type of player if we havent had any?

dry.pnghuh.pngwacko.png

How do you work that out?

You have just said we havent had a player like that since Rooney (who Moyes played by the way) so how could Moyes be playing the Kilbanes of this world ahead of this type of player if we havent had any?

Just look at how long it has taken him to get into the team ahead of the likes of Osman & Coleman who are both workmen types. However, what I would say, is that I think Moyes needs to trust in what they bring to the team before he sticks with them. Donovan is probably the only example that comes to mind that bucks the trend in recent years.

Motm was Drenthe for me, but Rodwell & Howard both did very well.

Just look at how long it has taken him to get into the team ahead of the likes of Osman & Coleman who are both workmen types. However, what I would say, is that I think Moyes needs to trust in what they bring to the team before he sticks with them. Donovan is probably the only example that comes to mind that bucks the trend in recent years.

Motm was Drenthe for me, but Rodwell & Howard both did very well.

Come on its not rocket science

The lad hasnt played any football for the best part of a year and wasnt match fit when he arrived, thats why he hasnt been in the side.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2011/10/24/everton-fc-royston-drenthe-promises-more-goals-for-efc-after-cracker-against-fulham-100252-29648556/

Loan star Drenthe, who has one cap for Holland, said he is approaching top fitness, and had to work hard to get into shape following a disrupted season at Real Madrid last term.

“Before I started to play, the manager killed me in training,” he said of David Moyes’ rigorous fitness regime. “He made me run a lot and now I feel really fit and great. That’s what I wanted, to be sharp. I don’t want not to be fit and then come into a game and not be able to handle the pressure. I feel good now.”

why am i the only one who voted fellaini he bullied their mid field

I thought he gave the ball away too cheaply at times, a few wayward passes.. also partly at fault for their goal (?).. if memory serves me.

didnt have a shocker, and also agree did boss it a bit, but was a bit lax with his play at times.

as above, finally good to see a fit Drenthe starting as well..

we;d probably all have been baying for his blood after an hour if he'd started a match unfit.. "oh brill.. weve swapped a lazy [lazy] striker for a lazy [unfit] winger.." :D

I thought he gave the ball away too cheaply at times, a few wayward passes.. also partly at fault for their goal (?).. if memory serves me.

didnt have a shocker, and also agree did boss it a bit, but was a bit lax with his play at times.

No one can be blamed for their goal that was a gorgeous finish.

Our right side was non-existent for the whole game. I don't know where Hibbert's head was at against Fulham but it wasn't at Craven Cottage.

It was fine until Roy switched sides. Hibberts ball in for Tolis was awesome too! Then Roy goes to the left and boom, bye bye right side