IGNORED

Pienaar

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_6333329,00.html

Hopefully this whole saga will end soon, its starting to get a bit tedious now. Moyes has obviously offered him a new contract which he feels is acceptable. He either signs it or he carries on whining, trying to get as much out of us as he can, in which case Moyes should just say enough is enough and sell..

Use the money to bring in Donovan?

Edited by Johnny Bryant

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2010/08/25/2086696/steven-pienaar-to-see-out-final-year-of-his-contract-with

Think that the whole Crouch/Pienaar saga is over. I doubted that they'd let Peter go after his hat-trick against the Young Boys. I'd have liked him here to be honest but then I'd also like to see Pienaar here so it's the choice of two evils.

Now let's focus on getting Steven Taylor and Messi!

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2010/08/26/show-me-the-money-demands-bill-kenwright-but-potential-buyers-are-just-time-wasters-everton-fc-latest-92534-27140365/

“There’s always money available, but it’s not much I have to say,” he added. “We’ve made a few transfers and if the manager found someone he really wanted we could maybe do a bit of wheeler dealing. But I don’t think that’s top of his list at the moment. He’s really pleased with the squad that he’s got.”

“We’ve got a happy squad here, players that really want to play for Everton, and I seriously hope that next time we talk, Steven Pienaar will have signed his contract and will have an extended stay here. He loves it here, we love having him here and we’d really like him to stay.”

wonder if that means they will up his contract to keep him?

Tagged on the end of the Rodwell story in The People...

South Africa World Cup star Pienaar is the only player Everton have failed to tie down to a long-term contract and the player is happy to walk away as a free agent next summer.

Moyes said: “I think players who are in their last season tend to play their best football. We have made him a brilliant offer so he’s going to have to play some great football to show people he is better to earn more somewhere else.

“I spent £3million for him two years ago after having him on loan for a season and some clubs send players out on loan who have cost them £15m or £20m. So if I’ve had four years out of Steven Pienaar and I lose £3m, it’s not a big deal.”

this statement makes me think that hes had a night on the scotch and not quite sobered up. its not a matter of losing 3 mill, its a matter of losing one of our best players and potentially 10+mill to replace him with.

Apparently Pienaar also said that if he didnt sign a new contract he would still be the same player through the last months, sounds like his mind is made up to me. But so long as he plays his heart out like he usually does and wears that blue shirt i will support him. anyone who doesnt will only make matters worse in my opinion.

how worse can it be than letting a 15 million player walk for free...and such statements by moyes if true will only help not sell him teams such as the top four will just sit and wait.

by demoralizing not only a player who has been brilliant for us the last 2 seasons, but the whole squad. Theyre a team, theyre friends and colleagues, they work together. you dont support one you affect the rest, intended or not. Add that to the 15mill player we cant replace.

Look, i understand it, it will really hurt and it will be frustrating as hell. But as long as he plays his heart out for the final 12 months i for one would pat him on the back, beg him one last time to stay but if he wants to go i will wish him all the best. He has been brilliant for us, its just a shame it wont be for 5 more seasons...

i understand all that your saying i just want players that want to play for us...there could also be a reverse psychology with other squad members saying this prick doesnt want to play for us and hes in the team...i think moyes and the board have messed this one up.

me too, but if he says he will be the same player for the last 12 months and does it then ok, he shows his professionalism rather than loyalty and this i can cope with. It would be wonderful for him to want to play for us and from previous statements its sounds like he wants to, that he enjoys his football with us. He just wants more money. At least he isnt saying he wants to go and sulking around being a spoilt little bitch.

agree completely that about this being a cock up, but not sure what they couldve done differently and agree with the potential negative psychological impact. Our team spirit will take a knock but not as big as the impact last year.

me too, but if he says he will be the same player for the last 12 months and does it then ok, he shows his professionalism rather than loyalty and this i can cope with. It would be wonderful for him to want to play for us and from previous statements its sounds like he wants to, that he enjoys his football with us. He just wants more money. At least he isnt saying he wants to go and sulking around being a spoilt little bitch.

agree completely that about this being a cock up, but not sure what they couldve done differently and agree with the potential negative psychological impact. Our team spirit will take a knock but not as big as the impact last year.

How can you agree that Moyes and the board have messed it up but then say you don't know what they could have done differently :mellow: ?

They've made him the best offer they can and he's so far refused it. They've had no offers for him so they couldn't sell him. There's no alternative to what they're doing and Moyes (in public at least) has to put as positive a slant on it as he can.

The only alternative would be to drop him or transfer list him, both of which would definitely screw team spirit.

How can you agree that Moyes and the board have messed it up but then say you don't know what they could have done differently :mellow: ?

They've made him the best offer they can and he's so far refused it. They've had no offers for him so they couldn't sell him. There's no alternative to what they're doing and Moyes (in public at least) has to put as positive a slant on it as he can.

The only alternative would be to drop him or transfer list him, both of which would definitely screw team spirit.

because i dont know the ins and outs of it Mike and im not a contract negotiator! They messed it up by not giving him a longer contract in the 1st place in my opinion but that was too long ago to dwell on. As for what they can do now, apart from offer him more money, i dont know. The situation can only be explained by 3 things; cockup from our side, greed/whatever from his or a combo of the 2. Im with option 3 here. Something was not done well enough but at present time i dont know what else they can do to fix it thats feasible. More clear?

because i dont know the ins and outs of it Mike and im not a contract negotiator! They messed it up by not giving him a longer contract in the 1st place in my opinion but that was too long ago to dwell on. As for what they can do now, apart from offer him more money, i dont know. The situation can only be explained by 3 things; cockup from our side, greed/whatever from his or a combo of the 2. Im with option 3 here. Something was not done well enough but at present time i dont know what else they can do to fix it thats feasible. More clear?

Don't want to stir anything here but this is typical, you don't know the ins and outs to comment on what can be done but you have enough information to know that the board were the ones who messed this up?

Don't want to stir anything here but this is typical, you don't know the ins and outs to comment on what can be done but you have enough information to know that the board were the ones who messed this up?

im usually one of those right behind the board. Im basing my opinion on what i do know; Pienaar is one of our best players and wants parity with the best earners, the board wont put forward what he wants. Unfortunately im not part of the board and im not Pienaar, so i dont know the ins and outs. So i go on what i do know. When i become omnipotent I'll make my infallible opinions...

im usually one of those right behind the board. Im basing my opinion on what i do know; Pienaar is one of our best players and wants parity with the best earners, the board wont put forward what he wants. Unfortunately im not part of the board and im not Pienaar, so i dont know the ins and outs. So i go on what i do know. When i become omnipotent I'll make my infallible opinions...

Made me chuckle! :D

I don't think Pienaar deserves the same as Arteta but then again I don't necessarily believe Arteta deserves what he does.

This 100%