IGNORED

David Weir returning...

DonKey

According to SSN, Weir might be leaving Rangers in January to take up a coaching position with us.

Interesting that we seem to be bringing more ex players back in to the fold. Stubbs, Ferguson, Weir...

Spurs have done it with sir les, sherwood and Clive Allen. I like the idea of having 'Everton people' involved in the future of the club, all great servants to the club. It may just be me but I'd love Stubbs to manage us one day.

Spurs have done it with sir les, sherwood and Clive Allen. I like the idea of having 'Everton people' involved in the future of the club, all great servants to the club. It may just be me but I'd love Stubbs to manage us one day.

Wow, I know he's a scouser but he's meant to be a 'thicko'. Always hoped Weir would come in and take over from Stubbs

I made a joke about Stubbs and management once and was ribbed for weeks for it!!! Hes a top bloke Stubbs but it appears to be common knowledge that hes not got what it takes, be funny if he proved us wrong wouldnt it.

Wow, I know he's a scouser but he's meant to be a 'thicko'.

Think probably 99% of people who have a career playing/managing in professional football are "thickos" in the educational/academic sense (underachievers would be a kinder way of putting it). The kids who are good players when you're at school are rarely the straight A students are they?

Think probably 99% of people who have a career playing/managing in professional football are "thickos" in the educational/academic sense (underachievers would be a kinder way of putting it). The kids who are good players when you're at school are rarely the straight A students are they?

He's definitely a thicko, he went to my old schooldry.png . On a serious note the other players of the club have commented on him not being the brightest

In which case I imagine Ian Ross may get a role in the team on the basis of his English Mike?

Are all darts players great mathematicians or do they become them (mental arithmetic) due to the primary focus is throwing arrows at a board? Are all footballers thick because the great drive they have directs them to the playing fields as opposed to the text books?

Is stan collymore one of the most gifted talents I have seen? Yes. Is he intelligent? Yes. Will that piss the footballing spoony, can't kick a ball but can quote literature till their pretentious "I love das boot, amilie , used to like city of god till it went on film 4" off?....Probably.

Being academically thick doesn't really matter to be honest - a bit of nowse, confidence and common sense can often get you further in life.

Sure you get these people with treble master scholarship bollocks but they often lack the social skills to go as far in life.

Back on topic... maybe a Stubbs and Weir management team - brain and brawn!

In which case I imagine Ian Ross may get a role in the team on the basis of his English Mike?

Are all darts players great mathematicians or do they become them (mental arithmetic) due to the primary focus is throwing arrows at a board? Are all footballers thick because the great drive they have directs them to the playing fields as opposed to the text books?

Is stan collymore one of the most gifted talents I have seen? Yes. Is he intelligent? Yes. Will that piss the footballing spoony, can't kick a ball but can quote literature till their pretentious "I love das boot, amilie , used to like city of god till it went on film 4" off?....Probably.

That's a beer affected post if ever I saw onerofl.gif .

I'm not saying all footballers are thick, or that being poor academically stops people being decent coaches. I'd happily have given up an O-level or two (and I didn't get many to give upsad.png ) to go a bit further on the pitch.

• 7 months later...